John 4:20

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: John 4:20

Post by Omnitheo »

just out of curiosity, where are you getting these statistics from?

It is very easy to create a skewed statistic. For example, in Scandinavian countries in the last 2 years, 100% of extremist terrorist attacks were commited by christians.

In my view when 100% of terrorist attacks in Scandinavia are committed by Christians, there is a problem. Obviously, not all Christian men are extremist mass murderers, but these statistics should raise alarm bells.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Yes, there was only one rape in Norway last year. :127:
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

again though, I'm looking for the source of your statistics.

my example is a perfectly valid statistic, but without knowing where yours are coming from, they are no different than mine.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:again though, I'm looking for the source of your statistics.

my example is a perfectly valid statistic, but without knowing where yours are coming from, they are no different than mine.

Glacier is right. Last summer there were many European news headlines regarding rape of Swedish women by Muslim men. It's epidemic.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I see, and this is a muslim cultural thing? I've got a muslim friend from Turkey, and another from Italy. Next time I see Birtan i'll let him know that statistically he is 5 times more likely to rape someone than his christian co-workers. I guess it wouldn't hurt to prepare him for his inevitable crimes.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:I see, and this is a muslim cultural thing? I've got a muslim friend from Turkey, and another from Italy. Next time I see Birtan i'll let him know that statistically he is 5 times more likely to rape someone than his christian co-workers. I guess it wouldn't hurt to prepare him for his inevitable crimes.

Maybe you should talk to your friend about the fact that his brother Muslim's should abide by the laws of the land? Rape is a criminal offense.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Certainly, I'll let him know.

Also Average Joe, I'd like to ask you if you could relay to your friends and family, that the brutal slaughter and murder of innocent bystanders is illegal. I understand that some christians can't help but to gun down civilians, but please ask them to respect the laws of the land.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:Certainly, I'll let him know.

Also Average Joe, I'd like to ask you if you could relay to your friends and family, that the brutal slaughter and murder of innocent bystanders is illegal. I understand that some christians can't help but to gun down civilians, but please ask them to respect the laws of the land.

Sure! Will do! Where were the innocent bystanders killed?

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I was still on the subject regarding the norway attacks. Really though the statement could be extended to the crusades.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

they are getting their crap stats from neo nazi propaganda sites like this:
http://europenews.dk/en//

its seriously backward logic, the majority of immigration to northern europe is from places like Turkey, Somalia, and Nigeria, etc. they are predominately single men unemployed and nominally Muslim. in the case of Somalia they are coming from underdeveloped societies. There is a backlash against these people and predictably there is the common logical fallacy - the savage is a muslim so muslim is savage.

Its garbage and not worthy of anyone who pretends to understand John 4:20
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:I was still on the subject regarding the norway attacks. Really though the statement could be extended to the crusades.

Lets see....Crusades were around what 1200 A.D. and the Norway was attack was in 2000 A.D. Good connection! That's 800 years between attacks. Lets see...2012 A.D. - 1492 A.D. = 520 years. So since North America was discovered in 1492 and say there was an attack by Christians when Columbus landed here. That would mean everyone here in North America has 300 years to wait for the next one here. Wow! Like I said, good connection!

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

ukcanuck wrote:

they are getting their crap stats from neo nazi propaganda sites like this:

its seriously backward logic, the majority of immigration to northern europe is from places like Turkey, Somalia, and Nigeria, etc. they are predominately single men unemployed and nominally Muslim. in the case of Somalia they are coming from underdeveloped societies. There is a backlash against these people and predictably there is the common logical fallacy - the savage is a muslim so muslim is savage.

I was on a flight 2 years ago to a Scandinavian country. The plane passengers consists of a quarter Somalian men and half Sri Lankian men. 1 Sri Lankian women.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote: Also Average Joe, I'd like to ask you if you could relay to your friends and family, that the brutal slaughter and murder of innocent bystanders is illegal. I understand that some christians can't help but to gun down civilians, but please ask them to respect the laws of the land. What other Christians attacks are you talking about? I'm interested?

Omnitheo wrote:I was still on the subject regarding the norway attacks. Really though the statement could be extended to the crusades.
You are right, he did want to start a Christian Crusade to save Europe.

ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

averagejoe wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:they are getting their crap stats from neo nazi propaganda sites like this:

I was on a flight 2 years ago to a Scandinavian country. The plane passengers consists of a quarter Somalian men and half Sri Lankian men. 1 Sri Lankian women.

So you should understand that it's not the religious background that they come from thats the problem but rather their cultural and social background which are secular in nature and pretty much backwards due to the abject poverty and totalitarian governments and oppression that are rife in the third world

Throw in the natural prejudice that is self evident here in this country when we had a sudden influx of Sikh immigration and its not too hard to see why there would be idiots trying to put ridiculous claims like 600% increases in rapes in Scandinavia...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

To answer Omnitheo's question here are a few links:

Every second convicted rapist has an immigrant backgroundAmnesty International: Swedish rapists ‘enjoy impunity
Why Iraqi Christians Are Running Scared — in Sweden
Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIq7tsVvEoY

It is interesting that when Pat Condell (an atheist with a Christian background) slams Christianity it is fair game since he has great insight in Christianity (though the slams do have their fair share of critics), but when Ayaan Hirsi Ali (an atheist with a Muslim background) slams Islam, she's called an Islamophobe and has to get 24 hour security from all the death threats. Funny how that works. Sorry, but anyone should be allowed to have free speech enough to slam any religion without fear of death.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 27th, 2012, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”