A saw and a man

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: A saw and a man

Post by kibbs »

I was born and raised a "good" catholic boy.
I spent my first 14 years playing sheep and doing things "by the book"

Id be sick of church to if I were you.For me I hardly ever went or ever followed much in the way of a sacred ritual. Ive always felt spiritual and find it hard to find people of like mind. I got lucky and found some in mine.If you ever feel nostalgic GA your welcome .Other wise id love to meet you dude and shoot the bull over a beer .I like the cut of your jib.
Peace be with you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Graham Adder wrote:I was born and raised a "good" catholic boy.
I spent my first 14 years playing sheep and doing things "by the book".
One evil(IMO) religion isn't exactly a world view. Its like trying one kind of vegetable you hated and were forced to eat for twenty years and then say I hate vegetable's.

But I do have equal disdain for the catholic church. I think the popes in direct connection with Satan. And I am familiar with a lot of proof that they are in fact evil and the opposite of Christian. Disgusting. That being said, I do not hold all faiths in that same regard.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I think the popes in direct connection with Satan.

:1419: like the for real satin or you think they really suck
Peace be with you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

kibbs wrote: :1419: like the for real satin or you think they really suck
The real one. Yes I do believe in him as well as God. The catholic church has done an excellent job turning people away from Christianity. You can pretty much rely on them to do the opposite of what Jesus said and did.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Since Jesus was Jewish maybe that's the religion people should look into.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The real one. Yes I do believe in him as well as God. The catholic church has done an excellent job turning people away from Christianity. You can pretty much rely on them to do the opposite of what Jesus said and did.

If any christians are hangin with a devil dude it the ones carrying signs .At soldiers funeral sayin "All *bleep* Burn in Hell,"
I don't feel an external influence only my own weakness and selfish desire.I used to think you made up your own after life and people who believed they were going to hell made their own hell and pious people ended up listening to boring harps for eternity .a sort of church lady hell.i was planning to build a starship a check out the universe.Now i think we all have a continual spiritual power and we can make our heaven or hell on earth to.Since that time I m just thankful for all the great things in my life and for my life itself,for me it is like heaven on earth..Its made livin way cool
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

I was at an aboriginal spiritual gathering a while back when one of the spiritual elders said that white people should go back to their original religion, Christianity. I said that the original religion of the whites is the Celtic religion. Christianity is a Semitic religion. The Celtic religion was very similar to native American spirituality with reverence for Gaia/Mother Earth. Since most of the Celtic teaching have been lost, I sought out the native American version.

I too was brought up catholic and rejected the political corruption of that organization. I have looked into many different religions too, but found them all lacking in substance. They are just political/social organization based on a bastardization of the teachings of Jesus and mostly based on the teachings of Paul.

And although I was initiated into the rights and rituals of the native American spirituality, I no longer practice them. I have included them into my own personal brand of spirituality that has a much more universal bent. Religious dogma, to me, has killed the spiritual nature of of all the ancient teachings.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Since Jesus was Jewish maybe that's the religion people should look into.

The old testament is the Jewish bible .Christianity is like the borg religion .IT assimilates everything, resistance is futile.Its takin over china like locust on a grain crop.its the ones who don't interpret to modern times like the Jewish do .Who don't understand metaphor and take the thing literally ,really make Jesus look like a pimp.An eye is worth about 500 sheckles not another eyeball.
Same with Islamic fundamentalists.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I was at an aboriginal spiritual gathering a while back when one of the spiritual elders said that white people should go back to their original religion, Christianity.

Totally cool cliffy.I was gonna ask to join to but felt it not my place .I felt the church i was baptized in was where I should help my community .Turns out to be the closest to .My gram always use to say "were here to do for others"I totally agree.It mostly old people now like my gram and I felt needed.There helping me sing better to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdFqzPBaDJA
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 6th, 2013, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Hmmm wrote:One evil(IMO) religion isn't exactly a world view. Its like trying one kind of vegetable you hated and were forced to eat for twenty years and then say I hate vegetable's.

But I do have equal disdain for the catholic church. I think the popes in direct connection with Satan. And I am familiar with a lot of proof that they are in fact evil and the opposite of Christian. Disgusting. That being said, I do not hold all faiths in that same regard.

Graham Adder wrote:I left "my" church and tried others, but found them all to be the same.
Sneaksuit
Board Meister

Post by Sneaksuit »

Graham Adder wrote:I left "my" church and tried others, but found them all to be the same.

What churches?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Sneaksuit wrote:
What churches?

anglican
presbyterian
united baptist

The very likely "typical" on account of them all being in the same town within blocks of each other.
It wasn't that I was desperately seeking a new system of belief nor a new way of teaching an old one.
I was simply going with friends that belonged to those churches as I was "open" to try new things.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I have a brother who travels the world on a spiritual journey .He recently returned from india and is living at a Sikh home .He was impressed with how the community pulls together to help one another.He started going to their temple.One elder said to him "we have many curious visitors".When they started asking for money he bailed.I said to him "how do you think they keep them gold domes afloat and help their community."A cool monk once said you can not serve god and mammon both.I liked my church it was so small and humble.
I felt like a 'spiritual tourist ' a human being on a quest to understand the spiritual realm to question if I believe.
Reading all form of practice seeing what was right for me .I just accepted that i'm eternal and am making my own way through the universe.
The church cant control me .my belief has nothing to do with the ritual.The ritual joins me to my ancestry and gives me an outlet for my belief. I'm not uncomfortable their anymore it feels like its my place.It shows me how I can do for others and that i don't have to journey through the universe alone.
Peace be with you.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

cliffy1 wrote:"And Man created god in his own image" - Mark Twain.
And when Man created god, he gave him all the quirks, hang ups and emotional instability that he witnesses in himself.
A murderer has a reason for killing, a thief has a reason to steal and a rapist has a reason to rape. It may not make sense to anyone else but it makes sense to the perpetrator.

That's a great quote from Twain.

I also happen to believe what George Harrison said is also true, "God is within you, not without you."

We created him, not the other way around.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

We created him, not the other way around.

to explain the unexplainable.We all have words to describe it ,none are better or worse.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”