Evolution of God

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Re: Evolution of God

Post by alexoliversen »

You could say money is the root of all evil, but didn't it say somewhere in there that to not pay offering to god is like ripping him off? So... Let's be realistic, spiritual peace and love is not always about money and exchange, but at the same time, if you give no money or authority to your love ones then you are just ripping off your social group. If you think money is the root of all evil then why don't you stop donating money to your church and see what happens? ;)
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

alexoliversen wrote:You could say money is the root of all evil, but didn't it say somewhere in there that to not pay offering to god is like ripping him off? So... Let's be realistic, spiritual peace and love is not always about money and exchange, but at the same time, if you give no money or authority to your love ones then you are just ripping off your social group. If you think money is the root of all evil then why don't you stop donating money to your church and see what happens? ;)

No, the Bible does not say that it is ripping God off to not give Him money. The recurring theme in the Bible is that wasting God-given talents and blessings on sinful living robs oneself, as well as God.

Furthermore, the Bible doesn't say that money is the root of all evil but that the love of money is. Why? Well, consider the things money empowers people to do, like controlling others, bribing people, becoming selfish and exploitative, as some examples.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

concernie wrote:No, the Bible does not say that it is ripping God off to not give Him money. The recurring theme in the Bible is that wasting God-given talents and blessings on sinful living robs oneself, as well as God.

Furthermore, the Bible doesn't say that money is the root of all evil but that the love of money is. Why? Well, consider the things money empowers people to do, like controlling others, bribing people, becoming selfish and exploitative, as some examples.

Really? I could have swore there was something about not paying tithes to the church... Hmmm... Isn't there something about not being able to serve two masters as well? I know that the version I read it said money is the root of all evil, but hey its all in the interpretation, isn't it? Words are imperfect anyways. They are only a simulation of real life and the objects themselves. Well you seem like devoted to what you believe so you know better than me.

Peace out. :)
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

alexoliversen wrote:
Really? I could have swore there was something about not paying tithes to the church... Hmmm... Isn't there something about not being able to serve two masters as well? I know that the version I read it said money is the root of all evil, but hey its all in the interpretation, isn't it? Words are imperfect anyways. They are only a simulation of real life and the objects themselves. Well you seem like devoted to what you believe so you know better than me.

Peace out. :)

There is nothing about paying tithes in the New Testament. Give when you can to the works of the Body of Christ, whether with your labour or money.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

Well money and God is interesting, as it is both something intangible (now a days its just a number!). They both are concerned with words and what people want, they both control people time, and resources. Is money not just a measurement of god? If you believe in a all powerful god that created everything then he created money too, cause if he didn't create it he wouldn't of created everything. Something to think about! ;)
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

TMixer wrote:The history of religion goes:
Little fat thing
Egypt
Vikings
Christians

Bill Gates
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

It's interesting that Bills like money,
and Gates like internet connections,
Has such a appropriate name...
Such a strange world isn't it?
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction... :P
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

If you believe in a all powerful god that created everything then he created money too, cause if he didn't create it he wouldn't of created everything. Something to think about!

What's so wrong with him creating money? He creates it, we manage it. If we do a good job, he will give us more. If we do a bad job, he won't.

That in my opinion is God's way of determining the difference between rich & poor.

All my opinion only, of course.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

GoStumpy wrote: If you believe in a all powerful god that created everything then he created money too, cause if he didn't create it he wouldn't of created everything. Something to think about!

What's so wrong with him creating money? He creates it, we manage it. If we do a good job, he will give us more. If we do a bad job, he won't.

That in my opinion is God's way of determining the difference between rich & poor.

All my opinion only, of course.

I ain't saying it's a bad thing, but it an oxymoron of sorts, no? Especially with the phrase "The love of money is the root of all evil."

So does that mean God (or Gods) want us to be greedy? Does that mean we should always look for more?
Can you serve god and Mammon at the same time? Things to discuss!

Personally, I don't know... I am just asking the question. But, I feel the cartoon is making a point about how the only common thing we have is in society is money. It could be interpreted as sarcasm in a way.

God evolving into money? Maybe. As a business or organization (which vital part of them is money) is an organism which greater than ourselves.

Money as the final say? Personally, I thought it was more the internet and robots! :D

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”