Third Jihad: Final Solution for Western Civilization

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Third Jihad: Final Solution for Western Civilization

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank, there are many bad and evil ideologies out there, but Islam is the mother lode of bad ideas. If you had watched the documentary above, you would have heard Walid Shoebat make the point that the adherents to bad secular political ideas (like Nazism) abandon the idea when you defeat it, but Islam is a bad political ideology wrapped in religion, and thus can never be defeated because the Quran is perfect, and can never be altered nor changed for all time.

Note a few things:
1) You do not have to be non-religious to follow bad secular ideologies.
2) Just because some people use religion to promote bad ideas doesn't mean that religion is inherently bad. Instead, it means that religion is a powerful tool that can be used for either good or evil.
3) Islam cannot be reformed because 60% of the trilogy (the Quaran, the Hadith [traditions of Muhammad], and the Sira [the biography of Muhammad]) is about waging war on Kafirs. Removing these parts would render the writings unrecognizable, and would conflict with the Quran that says the Quran is perfect, and can never be altered.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Glacier wrote:

I am uncertain that I would consider the details of any produced or "researched" by Glenn Beck worth watching for the following reasons:

Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It goes without saying that Glenn Beck doesn't have much credibility outside of the right/libertarian side of the spectrum. I'm not really interested in opinions on the author. Instead, I'm more interested in your opinion on the content of the documentary.
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Glacier wrote:It goes without saying that Glenn Beck doesn't have much credibility outside of the right/libertarian side of the spectrum. I'm not really interested in opinions on the author. Instead, I'm more interested in your opinion on the content of the documentary.

The content of the documentary seems like it belongs in the CT threads.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

The Glenn Beck "documentary" was laughable. I didn't want to post immediately after seeing it, because the contents of my derisive thoughts have no place in the Riposte & Parry. That being said, I feel that this "documentary" also doesn't belong here in the Riposte & Parry. I will watch the other documentaries in this thread at some point. I hope that they are less like the 'truther' videos I have seen.

It is very difficult to listen to the likes of Gohmert and Bachmann. They are the lowest of the low amongst the radical Tea Party.

As for the Holy Land foundation, I have heard far different accounts about its charitable work, especially in Gaza.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I agree with you that the documentary is not as good as the one in OP, but on this fundamental issue of Islam, you and I disagree for the most part. This is not a slag against you as a person, only a difference of opinion.

One of the major reasons that so many people dismiss Islam as the core cause of jihad is that people don't believe people could actually believe the crazy radical stuff found in Islam. The Charlie Hedbo Assassinations, the Boko Haram massacres, and the ISIS extremism are all pure Islam. ie. They all get their beliefs and actions directly from the prophet Muhammad himself, and as Sam Harris says, "pernicious beliefs have consequences."

We must win the war of ideas with Islam. Those Muslims that reject these core teachings of Islam are to be treated like everyone else, but those who propagate and carry out jihad should be shown the door.

Here are three short videos by Bill Warner that discuss why the above are in direct response to the core fundamental doctrine of Islam.

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”