Truth seeker

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Truth seeker

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:Enemy of God and of men. Like I said though, this is a fraction of an answer. Every part of the answer raises more questions, I understand that.

Strange thought process. God is not something separate from the rest of reality, the Universe. How could god have an enemy unless god is a split personality? The only enemy of man is his own ego, the imaginary being that thinks it can separate itself from everything else. Separation is only a concept. It is not real. Everything is interconnected and interrelated. Everything is part of the Whole and the Whole is what people call god.

Religion tells you that god is separate, that you can be separate from the whole. It is nothing more than a trick of the mind, a fallacy that is perpetrated by those who seek to control you and make you feel small. It is a lie of biblical proportions. It is time to wake up to who and what you really are.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

(Cliffy). How could God have an enemy you ask? I believe God is a powerful spirit being and not some force that dwells in all things. Therefore there are those who act and live in harmony with him and those who don't. Some however do it purposely as they prefer evil. Some actually believe in the final war Satan and his followers will win it and then receive power or some reward, I'm not sure, but some do feel he'll win.

I understand this answer is completely different from your beliefs but its what I believe.

Are they any facts to base my beliefs on? Yes. There are many satanic cults who teach theses things.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I still tend to fall back on a metaphorical God concept. It sits comfortably with me to look at the whole heaven and hell, God and Satan, good and evil thing as just another way to look at the way I live my life without having to commit to beliefs that stretch my own boundaries of believability. I can respect your views Hmmm, in a world where there is no definitive proof one way or the other then there can be no wrong answers, it's a personal matter to arrive at something we can believe in while still being true to things we have already come to accept as truth. That's not to say that the whole thing isn't subject to revision, we all discover new little truths almost daily and hopefully a few big ones along the way too.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

fluffy wrote:I still tend to fall back on a metaphorical God concept. It sits comfortably with me to look at the whole heaven and hell, God and Satan, good and evil thing as just another way to look at the way I live my life without having to commit to beliefs that stretch my own boundaries of believability. I can respect your views Hmmm, in a world where there is no definitive proof one way or the other then there can be no wrong answers, it's a personal matter to arrive at something we can believe in while still being true to things we have already come to accept as truth. That's not to say that the whole thing isn't subject to revision, we all discover new little truths almost daily and hopefully a few big ones along the way too.

Life is a constant state of growth, change and learning. When someone thinks they have found the truth and stop looking, they stagnate. They are going against the natural flow of life. Nobody has the whole truth. Neither does any book. Faith is an act of trust in the innate goodness of life. The truth unfolds as we are ready to receive it, as we mature enough to recognize it when it appears. It can come from anywhere or anybody. So faith is an openness to receive truth, to trust its source. Each life is unique and each person has to recognize truth through their own life experience filters. It is not always the same for everybody. Everyone to their own understanding. There is no one fix for everyone. The journey home is a solo one.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

enlightened1, how very cool of you to start this thread and introduce yourself.

given your masonic affiliation, i am curious to know what you feel was lost in 1720 ?

what do you feel was special about the Nicholas Stone works?

why do you feel was Nicholas Stone specifically an 'Accepted Mason', as opposed to why all masons are subsequently?

your response, knowledge, opinion will be greatly appreciated :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

enlightened1, i see you have returned to the forum a number of times since i posted the questions above, yet you do not reply.

i am still very much interested in what you might have to offer.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

for those of you that do view, you can see i have asked enlightened1 some simple straightforward questions, that he has declined to answer.

for those of you that have tried to find the answers for yourself, i will present another question.

why did nicholas stone never receive, ask for, or simply get, a title? why was nicholas stone never recorded to be Sir Nicholas Stone?

he was master mason to the last two scottish kings of the united kingdom. all his 'peers' and contemporaries received titles but he did not. why?

if you can discover an answer to that question maybe you will understand why stephen harper refuses to answer the very simple questions i put to him on a regular basis.
T.Tsarnaev
spiritualteachers

Post by spiritualteachers »

I have found a lot of answers in near death experiences - I've watched/read 100's of them and they all have the same base truth.

- Love is whats important.
- The small good deeds are important
- We are all brothers and sisters.
- There does not seem to be any judgement rather than self judgement ( when you have a life review you feel all the pain you've caused from other peoples perspectives you've touched as well as the positive.
- God/Creator loves everyone

- I've not heard mention of the bible in any NDE's though some have seen jesus, as well as mary? Though, most just see a being of light who they call God. Most likely we put a face on the creator from what we learn in life.

There are videos of these accounts here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NDEaccounts/videos
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

since it seems someone is paying attention, i will ask this, where did the 'Word" come from?

in this case we will use the word 'understand' of course, can anyone tell me where that word comes from?
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”