History Channel pushing debunked Christ-Mithra theory

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: History Channel pushing debunked Christ-Mithra theory

Post by steven lloyd »

concernie wrote: According to the media, the majority of the world is gay, atheist, transgender, feminist, free from the bondage of logic and reason.

I know it is not the media that is promoting the idea there is a correleation between being gay, atheist, transgender, or feminist, and free from the "bondage" of logic and reason. Are you suggestibng a correlation exists between these conditions ?
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

steven lloyd wrote:I know it is not the media that is promoting the idea there is a correleation between being gay, atheist, transgender, or feminist, and free from the "bondage" of logic and reason. Are you suggestibng a correlation exists between these conditions ?

I am only suggesting the obvious bias of the media. The media has been anti-Christian for a long time, along with Hollywood.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

concernie wrote:I am only suggesting the obvious bias of the media. The media has been anti-Christian for a long time, along with Hollywood.

The media is owned mostly by Jews. Perhaps the perceived persecution of Christians is a Jewish conspiracy.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:The media is owned mostly by Jews. Perhaps the perceived persecution of Christians is a Jewish conspiracy.

Where do you get your information, hate groups?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Your avatar is interesting cliffy1.

Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.

You do have a hate on for Christianity.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:Where do you get your information, hate groups?

I was being facetious. It is just as absurd as your statement.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Your avatar is interesting cliffy1.

You do have a hate on for Christianity.

Funny that you should read hatred into that statement. You know the old finger pointing thing about the three fingers pointing back at you. As I have always said, if you want to know the truth, go to the source. If you want to have a personal relationship with your god, then emulate Christ. Belief is not enough.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

concernie wrote:Perhaps on a global scale, but the mainstream media presents a different picture. According to the media, the majority of the world is gay, atheist, transgender, feminist, free from the bondage of logic and reason.

You think the atheists are the ones free from logic and reason? Last I checked that was the christians.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

(off-topic comment removed - fluffy)
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

I am only suggesting the obvious bias of the media. The media has been anti-Christian for a long time, along with Hollywood.

Dude, what are you talking about? Look at Hunger Games, The Road(novel), etc, etc, their all pro Christian themes. Your just deluded. The majority of media has some Jesus plug in there some where. Your just paranoid. I used to feel the same way about other religions such as Shinto and Buddhism, but hey that's probably the little guy in me saying I need love, and the world out there is so big, I am afraid. You just got to enjoy life and go talk to your wife, girlfriend and have a beer with the friends. Hey, we all just trying to find some peace.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

underscore wrote:
You think the atheists are the ones free from logic and reason? Last I checked that was the christians.

I am not saying this about all atheists, but the religion of scientism, rooted in the mystical teachings of Freemason Charles Darwin and Newton, is empirical based, not logic based. Early Christianity, on the other hand, was so based in logic and reason that Christianity was often referred to as Hellenized Christianity. It still is today to some degree. It is exactly the Hellenization of Christianity which helped it proliferate throughout the world and for over a thousand years. Hellenized Christianity is the foundation of Western Civilization, not empiricism.

Empiricism is the result of the Masonic takeover of Europe. And no, this is not a conspiracy, it's the historical evidence. Newtonian physics has its roots in alchemy and magic.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

To add to my last post, Underscore, consider that the Greek New Testament refers to Jesus as Logos.

Logic (from Classical Greek λόγος logos; meaning 'speech/word') is the study of the principles and criteria of valid inference and demonstration. The term "logos" was also believed by the Greeks to be the universal power by which all reality was sustained and made coherent and consistent.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Logic

One could render John 1:1: In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

To deny the fact Christianity was based heavily on the Mithras' ideology is ridiculous.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Necro wrote:To deny the fact Christianity was based heavily on the Mithras' ideology is ridiculous.

Good luck getting actual scholars to back up this ridiculousness. This lie is only perpetuated on fringe websites and in fringe books.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

the only difficulty with truth is those who deny it.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”