Christianity: Shaking the dust off our feet

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Christianity: Shaking the dust off our feet

Post by cliffy1 »

concernie wrote:Western Civilization isn't imploding. It is being systematically eradicated. This isn't a surprise to the faithful. For the Lord, in His divine knowledge, predicted it.

That sounds rather paranoid. We are responsible for our own actions. Civilization is imploding. We are eradicating ourselves with greed and indifference. And nobody is going to save us from ourselves, divine or otherwise. We created this mess and it is up to us to straighten it out (or choke in it).

Anybody with the slightest knowledge of history could have predicted it. History just repeats itself with every new civilization. It seems to be in our nature. I wonder why we are the way we are. Could it be that we were created that way? Is that why we are so predictable?
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Re: Christianity: Shaking the dust off our feet

Post by alexoliversen »

Thinktank wrote:Matthew 10

And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13And if the house be worthy, let your peace come
upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14And whosoever shall not
receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off
the dust of your feet
. 15Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land
of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

After getting ripped off by some church people, and trying to talk to them, I left and shook the dust off my feet.

Instead of worrying about me, the rest of the church just shook MY dust off their feet - and they shunned me.

My whole church was one of those who, when it came to other churches, we shook the dust off our feet.
JWs shake the dust off their feet every itme they come to a house, and the people don't agree with them.
But that's okay, because all other churches in Canada have shaken the JW dust off THEIR feet. It's
what the bible tells us to do.

In fact, every church shakes off the dust of other churches, off their feet all the time. That's the story
of Christianity, summed up - shaking the dust off our feet. According to the bible, if people don't want to hear my words,
I am supposed to leave, and shake the dust off my feet. I left another Canadian forum recently, shook the dust off my feet and never returned. That's perfectly according to the bible.

Did you shake the dust off your feet recently?

discuss

What does this mean anyways? I have problems with others who won't leave even when I ask them to. Thus they don't even dust their feet, they just pester the heck out of me! So what does that tell you? Depends upon the environment and situation no? When there are no or little options you dig in, when their is places to leave to then you have options - but that is dependent upon your own situation and the spirit of the times.

Although the bible has a lot of useful info, it also is very contextual, and can be misinterpreted by different people.

As all information we attain in our lifetime is relevant to our own understanding. What would you know about quantum mechanics if you never even seen the stuff? How can you even understand it? For it could be just an lie to trick you. You'll never know. Thus one's own understanding is the only thing that can be proven. Thus "I think therefore I am" the only proof of one's own existence, and the idea of emptiness - all phenomenon is not separate from the self. Thus my own existence the only thing that is real.

The question then why is there such antagonism in the environment? :)

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”