We Invented Jesus Christ

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: We Invented Jesus Christ

Post by Hassel99 »

It seems infiently more likley that the world wide empire (at the time) used psycological warfare to control the huddled masses than

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

cutter7 wrote:The jews and the muslims acknowledge jesus existed , they just don't believe he is the messiah.
If the jews acknowledge his existence,, its pretty hard to accept empty theories other wise

Indeed - just another theory. I’m certainly not believing anyone was walking on water, healing disease by touch, turning water into wine or coming back to life after being dead for three days, but I have seen enough historical research into the life of Jesus Christ (including evidence and speculations on his travels to and learning in the Far East, etc.) to accept he was an actual historical figure. For those people who want to create another conspiracy theory for the file – fill your boots.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Was this made up too? Transcript from Pontius Pilate to TIBERIUS CAESAR Tiberius Caesar describing Jesus's physical appearance. (Probably around 30 AD.)

The letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar

This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.

TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:

Your most obedient servant,
Pontius Pilate

Based on the writing style, most experts agree that it was a forgery written in the 4th century, probably by Eusebius or Jerome, two of the guys who decided the original Christian Bible Canon.

Edit: The letter is part of what is known as The Acts of Pilate, a collection of texts that was at one time thought worthy of inclusion into the canon. further evidence that it was forged by the same men creating the canon.

This letter is not entirely dissimilar from the forged paragraph that was inserted into Flavius Josephus' Jewish Antiquities. The paragraph talks about a man named Jesus coming among the Jews and working miracles.
Source:
Here's some additional info that will help: http://www.fact-index.com/p/po/pontius_p...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100719222255AAUxgMn
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jesus could have been a real person, but his biblical story could be made up
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

lakevixen wrote:jesus could have been a real person, but his biblical story could be made up

Jesus of Nazareth could have been a real person (there were many Jesus around at the time) but the deification of Jesus as the Christ was definitely made up.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
moerail

Post by moerail »

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The facts many of you non believer accept are not based on solid evidence. You may feel the same way regarding believers, however that doesn't prove your point but instead only tries to deflect the facts, which in fact there are none proving your case in this issue.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Pot meet kettle.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

It probably is made up. Eh~ so what? Who cares it Sunday entertainment at it's best with flaming pillars of fire to giant floods which covered the world. People like it so give em what they want. It's not like they are teaching people to hurt each other. The message is usually about love and compassion, so let them have their Religious fans! It ain't a big deal.

So what? Someday they'll say Luke Skywalker was some sort of super human saint who was like Jesus. Eh that's life for ya kids! :)

Of course I like to have more of a sound mind, as fanatically zeal sometimes blinds you to the reality around you. But you know, everybody has got their own way so...

You know I wouldn't mind followers of my own! I could use a following! :)

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”