Dinosaurs

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
rideforever
Übergod

Dinosaurs

Post by rideforever »

I heard god killed the dinosaurs because they didn't wear clothes. *bleep*.

Is that true?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Dinosaurs

Post by grammafreddy »

How does "God" explain the dinosaurs?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Everyone knows Jesus had a pet Dinosaur.
image.jpg

A quick search of god and dinosaurs made my head hurt.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

AHA! I knew that lamb had been photoshopped into that picture. :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

There's really no way to know when something has gone extinct. Species that were thought to be extinct turn up from time to time. A massive meteor or ice age hits, wiping out dinosaurs, but this is not proof that they all died. When an animal dies, only in extreme circumstances (such as a cataclysmic event) does it leave traces of when it died.

Any species that went extinct since the last ice age would probably do so without any evidence that it had survived the ice age. Sometimes we see references in history to animals that don't exist today, and we laugh because we've never found any bones, but since we weren't there, we don't really know what was living and what wasn't.

Some people laugh at natives for talking about the Thunderbird, but I would hedge my bet that there was a "Thunderbird" of some kind that has gone extinct. Some people laugh at the Chinese for talk about dragons, but I suspect that their stories are based on a real animal that may or may not have been extinct before modern humans. People laugh at the Greek stories of finding unicorns in India, but since we weren't there, there's really no way of saying that there weren't unicorns at one time. If no one had found bones of the saber toothed tiger, and it had survived long enough to make it into folk lore, a lot of people would laugh and call it superstition. I've listened to many oral stories of native legends when I was young, and believe there is more accuracy in them than people are willing to concede.

Did dinosaurs die before humans came into being? I would argue that there are still a few "terrible lizards" around today. Did the “real” dinosaurs all die before humans? There’s no real way to know for sure, but when we real descriptions in the Book of Job, one is wiser to at least be agnostic about it than flat out believe with all their heart that all the “dinosaurs” went extinct an ice age or two ago. That's just my opinion, anyway.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

The behemoth = hippopotamus.The leviathan = crocodiles.
We certainly coexist with dinosaurs,they're called birds.

Ken Ham science 101 <<gag>>
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

1nick wrote:The behemoth = hippopotamus.The leviathan = crocodiles.
We certainly coexist with dinosaurs,they're called birds.

Ken Ham science 101 <<gag>>

nope,,the behemoths tail is like a cedar tree according to the scriptures... I don't think that describes a hippo tail.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Please do go on.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

1nick wrote:Please do go on.

15“Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17Its tail sways like a cedar;

have you ever seen a hippo's tail? not exactly cedar like is it?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

So you believe we walked along side some sort of brontosaurus and the bible is a scientific journal?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

1nick wrote:So you believe we walked along side some sort of brontosaurus and the bible is a scientific journal?

I walked along side a brontosaurus for 9 1/2 years.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

cutter7 wrote:17Its tail sways like a cedar;

have you ever seen a hippo's tail? not exactly cedar like is it?

And believe me, when you see a hippo start to sway it's tail, run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5GVLbZzs0
They say you can't believe everything they say.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

1nick wrote:So you believe we walked along side some sort of brontosaurus and the bible is a scientific journal?

What I believe is the hippo has a tiny little tail and the bible says the behemoths swung its tail like a cedar... therefore I believe you are wrong.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

Well where do Dinosaurs fit into the bible? They should have come before Adam, but there is no real mention of them. Thus it's not the most accurate book although it does have some interesting tidbits of info.

The problem is how can you fit all knowledge into one book? The answer is you can't that is why you need a library and lexicon of work, and even then it will never cover everything, as human civilization keeps expanding there are always new things to find, new ideas to record, and new combinations which are created. The bible and all holy books are a good attempt at trying to record everything in one place, but let's face it - it's impossible to do. Also we have better and newer methods which is called the internet, and it not only includes ever holy book that has been written but access to every other work as well.

Welcome to the greatest book ever written = the internet.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”