A Question of Love

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
cliffy1
Übergod

A Question of Love

Post by cliffy1 »

In my late teens and early 20s I rejected the bible, god and religion in general. Then I was introduced to the Moody Blues. Their lyrics and music inspired me to start my spiritual journey. I became ravenous to devour all I could concerning spirituality and our relationship with Life, the Universe and the Creative Force behind it all.

What I found was so far beyond anything I was taught, I looked at the world and saw that 2000 years of Christianity had got us no where. We were still barbarians, still killing each other over doctrine and dogma. There was still suffering, starvation, and war. Christians had learned nothing from the teachings of Jesus or the bible. Everything in this religion is about personal salvation and everybody else be damned. So I looked into the teachings of all the other religions I could find.

I spoke to numerous people of a wide variety of religious persuasions. I went to prayer meetings, healing circles, ceremonies and rituals, always looking for what would bind us all in spiritual union. What I found was that religion is the singular most disruptive force on Earth that separated us, each thinking that their way was the only way.

What I found was that there is a unifying principle that does bind us all as humans. It has nothing to do with religion or beliefs. It is only about loving ourselves as we would like others to love us. Love is the only unifying principle in the Universe. Religion does nothing toward this end. It only promotes exclusivity. There is no faith in religion, only belief.

There has always been those who found faith through the path of religion, but they are few and far between. Faith can only be found with an open mind and heart. Thinking that you have found the answer is a sure way to stop your spiritual growth, which is an evolutionary process that never ends. Even the Creative Force evolves as we do. God is not a stagnant being and it is not separate from us or any other part of the Universe. It is everything and grows with everything in It.

Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: A Question of Love

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Smoking a fat one by chance while you were listening to The Moody Blues?

Everyone I know was.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Smoking a fat one by chance while you were listening to The Moody Blues?

Everyone I know was.

Sometimes, not always. I haven't smoked in decades and the universal truth of it still touches me deeply.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Universal Truth? Is that what we're calling it now?

Back in the day we just called it flashbacks. 8-P
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Universal Truth? Is that what we're calling it now?

Back in the day we just called it flashbacks. 8-P

Now you are just being cynical.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^ ooohh what a surprise from LW,

Cliffy, sounds like you and Thinktank have a lot to talk about.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Queen K wrote:^^ ooohh what a surprise from LW,

Amen to that!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I remember my dad listening to the Moody Blues when I was young. Definitely psychedelic music.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I remember listening to the Moody Blues when I was young - brings back great memories.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Fancy wrote:I remember listening to the Moody Blues when I was young - brings back great memories.

They did a show at Prospera back when it was still called Skyreach Place.
ronnewman

Post by ronnewman »

One of the greatest gifts I feel I have been blessed with in my life is my connection to the source of my creation. I have come to believe that I don't know anything and that I am constantly amazed that I am able to accomplish anything by trying to force it. I am constantly reminded that letting go and opening up to the flow of life has created and manifested amazing opportunities that I could have never created without the grace of the source of life itself. The beauty of the universe is that it manages to organize total chaos intricately in the universe. It is beautiful and magnificent, and it does all of this effortlessly. The grass doesn't strain to grow, and an acorn effortlessly grows into an oak tree.
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Smoking a fat one by chance while you were listening to The Moody Blues?

Everyone I know was.

I would need a huge fatty to listen to the world's suckiest prog band. So many better bands in this genre.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Cliffy1 thank you :)

I appreciate very much you sharing some of your experience and your sentiment.

I completely agree.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”