My favourite bible story that never happened.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

My favourite bible story that never happened.

Post by Thinktank »

According to the bible, Samson killed 1,000 people with the jawbone of a donkey.
That seems possible to me.

Another story from the bible that seems totally possible - is the three Jewish boys
in a fire - that never got burned. Or how about Jona, being swallowed by a big fish
and actually livning inside that fish for three days? I can't see anything unusual about that.
There might have been oxygen inside the fish's belly - to last him three days.

But there's one story in the bible that never happened - the Story of Job.

The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.” 8 And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?”

That story above - never happened. There's no way God would talk to the devil like that.
If I was God and the devil showed up, I would zap him with lightning, not come up with a plan to cause
grief to an innocent person who did nothing wrong.

What's your favorite bible story - that never happened?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: My favorite bible story .......that NEVER happened.

Post by cliffy1 »

The bible is full of irrelevant nonsense. There are some gems in it, but for the most part, it is just overburden you have to sift through to get to the nuggets.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
ronnewman

Re: My favorite bible story that never happened.

Post by ronnewman »

My favorite bible story that never happened also involves Job. Job has endured through all of the tests and finds himself on the top of a mountain. He cries out to God for answers as to why he had to endure so much. There is no response as Job pleads time and time again for an answer. As Job begins to walk away, he is stopped in his tracks by claps of thunder as God booms his response. "I guess there is just something about you that pisses me off." I know this is a bit on the edge, but I enjoy it because it shows a side to god and reality that is true. There are universal truths to life, and when we don't follow them we will upset the balance. If we upset the balance, it bucks back until things are back in place, and many times we just aren't prepared to hang on for the ride.
John-the-Ranger

Post by John-the-Ranger »

whats about zecharia3.1
matthew 4
sounds like there is komunication.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Where does one possibly start with this one ?

God created Adam. He then molded a woman from Adam's rib. They then populated the world with their offspring.

Moses parted the Red Sea so that his people could all just cruise across the ocean bottom. Let's not forget that the man also sat on top of Mt Sanai for 40 days and nights with no food or water while waiting for God to show up.

Goliath was the modern equivalent of 9'9" tall.
Elijah prayed to God for drought, so it didn't rain anywhere on earth for three years.
God created all animals to consume only plants, no meat.
God ordered humans to never boil a baby goat in it's own mother's milk.
Talking snakes and donkeys.
Not enough room here to list all of the bizarre feats that Ezekiel accomplished
Noah's Ark
Tower of Babel
Immaculate conception
God says that we can cure leprosy by killing a bird, putting the bird’s blood on another bird, killing a lamb, wiping the lamb blood on the leper, and killing two doves
A storm is stopped because Jonah is tossed into the sea
Jesus could walk on water, turn water into wine...oh, and cursed a fig tree

Meh...not enough time or space to list it all.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

janalta wrote:God created Adam. He then molded a woman from Adam's rib. They then populated the world with their offspring.

The actual translation would be side, not rib.

For me the most unlikely story would be that of Lot and his daughters. For many of the others like God creating Adam and Eve, the natural world would not apply because God transcends the laws of nature, however, when Lot's first daughter gets Lot drunk to get pregnant, and then the very next night the other daughter does the same thing, one has to ask themselves, what are the odds that two sisters would be ovulating at the same time. Did they know about this back then, and how could Lot be so stupid to get so drunk two nights in a row that he didn't have a clue what had happened during the night?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: My favourite bible story that never happened.

Post by Thinktank »

Samson
He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and killed a thousand men with it. Then Samson said: “With the jawbone of a donkey, Heaps upon heaps, With the jawbone of a donkey I have slain a thousand men!”

The only way to kill 1,000 people with the jawbone of a donkey - is to do it one at a time.
You would have to ambush these thousand people one or two at a time, because 1,000 people
all at once would totally be able to take the jawbone away from one guy.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: My favourite bible story that never happened.

Post by 1nick »

Well it could of been a magic jaw bone.
Samson could've had extensive ninja training,maybe it was 1000 really outta shape guys.
That's just three off the top of my head
Come on thinktank get it together man.

I like the Noah story.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”