My Problem With The Bible

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: My Problem With The Bible

Post by Hmmm »

annexi wrote:
"...go directly to Source to find out the truth..." Indeed, I agree.

"Seek and ye shall find, ask and you shall receive." One of the beautiful truths to be found in the bible. There are entirely too many biblical interpretations ultimately made with the end of serving the misguided ego.

Opening that connection with source/God is easier said than done however. How does one do such a thing in your opinion?
If you DID find it, and it differed from what you thought or like, would you change?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

annexi wrote:
"...go directly to Source to find out the truth..." Indeed, I agree.

"Seek and ye shall find, ask and you shall receive." One of the beautiful truths to be found in the bible. Of which there are many.

Opening that connection with source/God is easier said than done however. How does one do such a thing in your opinion?
Hmmm wrote:If you DID find it, and it differed from what you thought or like, would you change?

Yes. Show me God, the real God, not the false God-notions humanity has accepted, and I will change.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

annexi wrote:Yes. Show me God, the real God, not the false God-notions humanity has accepted, and I will change.

Sounds like it has to be on your terms only. You must be very very important. I say this, because he (God) has revealed himself to us humans, but we as a whole reject him. The very issue is related to your answer and thus its doubtful you will ever know the truth.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”