Did Jesus visit Glastonbury England?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Did Jesus visit Glastonbury England?

Post by BelieveNothing »

I spent some time in Glastonbury years ago, hired a tour guide who is well versed in the entire story you tell averagejo.

I walked Wearyall hill, saw the holy thorn tree (was not blooming at the time) saw the second holy thorn cut from it and placed at the ruins of the old Abbey.

Did the spiral walk up the Tor, stood under the druid alter at the top and looked out over Somerset.

I visited chalice well and drank the water.

Visited the church where King Arthur was said to be buried... and so much more!

Most in the community are knowledgeable about this story and more than happy to share, many books and much research has been done.

I recommend to anyone visiting the country to visit Glastonbury to learn and explore the rich history.

You can also find these stories laid out in the novel " The Mists of Avalon" it is the female perspective of Camelot/Avalon and King Arthur and his knights of the round table - an excellent read if you like novel format.

Thanks for sharing, its a great memory you re-kindled in me.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Great pictures! Thanks.....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Interesting find....Originally from the Britannica Encyclopedia of 1779.

Timeline of British History - Britannica History.....

AD
5 - Rome acknowledges Cymbeline, King of the Catuvellauni, as king of Britain

43 AD- Romans, under Aulus Plautius, land at Richborough (Kent) for a full-scale invasion of the island. In the south-east of Britain, Togodumnus and Caratacus have been whipping up anti-Roman feeling and have cut off tribute payments to Rome. Caratacus leads main British resistance to the invasion, but is finally defeated in 51.

51 AD- Caratacus, British resistance leader, is captured and taken to Rome

61AD - Boudicca, queen of the Iceni, led uprising against the Roman occupiers, but is defeated and killed by the Roman governor, Suetonius Paulinus

63 AD- Joseph of Arimathea came to Glastonbury on the first Christian mission to Britain.

75-77 AD - The Roman conquest of Britain is complete, as Wales is finally subdued; Julius Agricola is imperial governor (to 84)

http://www.britannia.com/history/time1.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”