Did Jesus visit Glastonbury England?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Did Jesus visit Glastonbury England?

Post by Thinktank »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 8th, 2014, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Eusebius (A.D. 260-340), Bishop of Caesarea and the father of Church History says: "The Apostles passed beyond the ocean to, the isles called the Britannic Isles."

After the Crucifixion of Jesus the Christ. Joseph of Arimathea lead a group to Glastonbury. Having taken Jesus there as a youth. Joseph had known the area very well.

History
Joseph of Arimathea was the virgin Mary's uncle (younger brother of her father according to the Talmud). He lived in the town of Arimathea, called Arimathaim in the Septuagint and Amartha by the historian Josephus. This is present day Ramallah which is eight miles north of Jerusalem. He was a wealthy merchant having a fleet of ships that delivered tin from the mines in Cornwall, England to Phoenicia. Because of the tin trade he was well acquainted with the British kings Beli, Lud, Llyr and Arviragus, who gave Joseph and his companions twelve 160 acre parcels of land, tax free. Arviragus would become God's "Protectorate" for Glastonbury. Caradoc, Pendragon of England, would become God's "Protectorate" of the fledgling English Church. Caradoc spent seven years under "house arrest" before returning to Britain. It was his children who were the core of the Roman church.

Here is the list of those who were with him according to Cardinal Baronius, Curator of the Vatican Library.

St. Mary, wife of Cleopas
St. Eutropius
St. Salome
St. Martial
St. Trophimus
St. Cleon
St. Saturninus
St. Maximin (the blind man)
St. Sidonius (Restitutus)
St. Joseph of Arimathea
St. Mary Magdalene
St. Martha
St. Lazarus
Marcella, the Bethany sisters' maid
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

England's alternative National Anthem to "God Save the Queen".

"Jerusalem"

The poem 'Prelude to Milton' by William Blake (1757-1827) is better-known as the popular "hymn" Jerusalem, set to music by Sir Hubert Parry and Sir Edward Elgar, and sung at national events since the First World War, when it was adopted as an 'anthem' by the Women's Institute. As well as being sung in church, it is now a popular alternative to the England's official God-Save-The-Queen anthem, to close national cultural events, like the last night of the Proms concerts.

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O Clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire.

I will not cease from Mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

http://www.storyline-features.co.uk/glastonbury.htm

http://www.storyline-features.co.uk/gla ... n-350w.jpg
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Linus son of a British King and Claudia are mentioned in the Bible. How did Linus become a Christian in 64 AD having being from England? That's only 27 years after Joseph of Armithea and his group were to have arrived in Glastonbury England?

Dictionaries - Smith's Bible Dictionary - Linus

Linus [N] [H]

(a net ), a Christian at Rome, known to St. Paul and to Timothy, ( 2 Timothy 4:21 ) who was the first bishop of Rome after the apostles. (A.D. 64.)

He also made Linus first Bishop of Rome; Linus was the son of Caractacus, the British King, who was taken prisoner to Rome. And it must have been Linus and Gladys (who changed her name to Claudia on being adopted by Claudius the Emperor) who founded the Church in Rome, as we know that neither St Peter nor St Paul did so.

◄ 2 Timothy 4 ►

King James Bible

Preach the Word

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Personal Concerns

9Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. 11Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. 12And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. 13The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. 14Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.

The Lord Remains Faithful

16At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Final Greetings

19Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. 20Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick. 21Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.

22The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

{The second epistle unto Timotheus, ordained the first bishop of the church of the Ephesians, was written from Rome, when Paul was brought before Nero the second time.
King James Bible

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Linus who is mention in the Bible as earlier posted, father Caractacus, the first Christian King and he was from England?

Caractacus was the Welsh King that fought the Romans 40-51AD..His daughter was Claudia who married a Roman Captain called Pudens..Her brother's name was Linus...Caractacus was firstly, a learned Druid,with 20 years of Druidic schooling under his belt before becoming King...He was also the FIRST Christian King...see Apostle Paul's letter to Timothy (2) 4:21..KJV

Read more:

http://troedyrhiw-greenmeadow.blogspot. ... /svds.html

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

wow averagejoe, great thread!

i don't know that i would debate you on any aspect of this 'theory', i wholeheartedly believe jesus did at least visit britain, if not 'retire' there.

the article in the op, was written by an english person i would believe, and if you listen to dr strachan, you might find him to be english as well, despite being born in scotland. http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/showb ... -minister/

i point this out because, as this thread is titled, as dr strachan's words/terms support, as the author of the article in the op words/terms support, and as words/terms of all the authors of the articles you have provided, with the possible exception of the last one, are evidence of a genocide. a genocide almost correctly alluded to in your last link. that article i believe is written by an anglicized welsh person.

The Angle Saxon called the language 'Welsh' (in Welsh,...y Gymraeg) and the people 'Welsh' (y Cymry) and Wales (Cymru) ...Just remember that "Welsh" is the old English(Germanic) word for "foreigner/alien"..The Welsh,(2.4 million of them in 300AD) are the original Britons and don't let any one persuade you that they were 'absorbed' by tens of thousands of Jutes,Saxons and Angles..Do the words genocide and ethnic cleansing come to mind

Fact...English people came from Germany...the Angles and the Saxons.

in the time of jesus, there was no such thing as an 'england', at least not on or anywhere near great britain. maybe there was someplace on the continent called england, or anglia, but not on great britain or in britain.

your isleofavalon article tells us in the "late 600s Arrival of the Saxons in Somerset", so glastonbury was first 'saxonized' before it was ever anglacised. anglia only came to be on britain sometime in the 6th century, and england only came to exist in the 10th century, so, unless jesus traveled thru german lands, which i completely doubt, or lived for over 500 years, which seems unlikely, he never went to any 'england' or 'anglia'.

i certainly believe jesus went to cornwall, and likely wales, but 'if' he went to glastonbury, of which i have no doubt, where was he then? cornwall, wales, and somerset, the three regions all the articles have in common, all those articles written by english people, are english terms, english creations. they are not british.

the older and modern english/german people, which include usa people, at least the ones that have had and do still wield the power, and 'canadians' to a certain degree, because many are english, are either wholly unaware of, or specifically loathe to mention the name of the people of glastonbury, as all articles posted thus far are testament of.

the people that the romans, german/saxons/angles did or tried to perpetrate genocide upon were/are the dumnonians. glastonbury was/is in dumnonia. so, 'if' jesus went to glastonbury then he had gone to dumnonia.

the kernow (cornish), cymry (welsh) and dumnonians were three of the british peoples that lived in britain and on great britain at the time of jesus in the places dr strachan has suggested jesus went. each spoke there own dialect of breton, the language of the british. what the kernow and/or the dumnonians called britain, the cymry called prydain. this can make research tricky because there could be at least three different names for places and things in southwestern britain from the time of jesus.

this from a recent article

A national assembly with powers broadly equivalent to those of the Scottish Parliament would give the people of Cornwall the government they “need and deserve”, says Mebyon Kernow.

Using St Piran’s Day to launch the party’s White Paper on a devolved assembly, MK deputy leader Andrew Long said: “The time has come for us to press again to allow the people of Cornwall to decide their future.”

Speaking at a reception at The County Arms in Truro, Mr Long, who represents Callington on Cornwall Council, unveiled the party’s 28-page consultation document, Towards a National Assembly of Cornwall. Under MK’s plans, the assembly would control the majority of the public sector in Cornwall, including the NHS, education, a wide range of public bodies and local government.

The launch, compered by Cornwall Councillor Loveday Jenkin, was addressed by three of the party’s prospective parliamentary candidates. Rob Simmons, a member of Penzance Town Council, set out the background to Cornwall’s claim for devolution, recalling 2000’s 50,000-name petition for a Cornish Assembly. However, describing “talk of Celtic kingdoms, Dumnonia and the setting of the Tamar border in the 10th century” as “matters for historians”, Mr Simmons said today’s task was to focus on the “modern fight for self-determination”.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Meb ... story.html

with the information i have presented, possibly most importantly the reality that english/germanic authors are so ardently prejudiced against and hateful of dumnonians as the genocide continues, i would suspect anyone researching this topic will have new avenues to explore.

a fun question to inspire exploration, where was jesus crucified? in rome of course. rome the city? maybe, but the rome to which i refer is of course rome the nation/empire.

and another, does the 'king of jews' need be a jew? of course not.

again, great thread! :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Thank you A_Britishcolumbian! Nice to see someone who actually can contribute to the discussion. I agree with almost all of your comments.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

From the article: Dr Gordon Strachan claims Jesuses uncle was Joseph of Arimathea and he came with his uncle for the tin mines. He added: “Eventually he came to Glastonbury and he built a church.

“He probably was going to say hello to the druids.”

My earlier posting:

Linus who is mention in the Bible as earlier posted, father Caractacus, the first Christian King and he was from England?

Caractacus was the Welsh King that fought the Romans 40-51AD..His daughter was Claudia who married a Roman Captain called Pudens..Her brother's name was Linus...Caractacus was firstly, a learned Druid,with 20 years of Druidic schooling under his belt before becoming King...He was also the FIRST Christian King...see Apostle Paul's letter to Timothy (2) 4:21..KJV

Caractatus could have been Baptized by Joseph of Armithea?

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here is an interesting article...regarding Pontius Pilate being born in Scotland.

Pontius Pilate lived from around 20BC until some time after AD36. He was the Prefect of the Roman province of Judaea from AD26 to AD36, and is best remembered as the judge at the trial of Jesus Christ in AD33, and the man who subsequently ordered his crucifixion. The wider picture in Scotland at the time is set out in our Historical Timeline.

o what is a page about Pontius Pilate doing in the Biography section of Undiscovered Scotland? There has long been a story that Pontius Pilate was actually born at Fortingall in Perthshire, also known as home to an ancient yew tree that could be as much as 5,000 years old (and, if so, is probably the oldest living thing on Earth). At first sight the story of Pilate's birth here looks unlikely. The Romans arrived in southern Britain in 55BC, but only briefly. They returned to invade what is now England in AD43, and only invaded Scotland for the first time in AD80, reaching the area including Perthshire in about AD83. Against this background, how could a Roman have been born here in, roughly, the decade either side of 20BC, which seems necessary to have allowed him to become Prefect of Judaea in AD26?

The story of Pilate's Scottish origins was set out most fully in an article published in the New York Times on 15 January 1899. It seems that between the Romans' first incursion into Britain and their later invasion, Ceasar Augustus dispatched envoys to establish diplomatic relations with some of the important British and Caledonian chieftains. These included a Caledonian chieftain called Metellanus, whose stronghold was at the head of Glen Lyon. A member of the Roman delegation to Metellanus's tribe fathered a child with a Caledonian woman, and this child subsequently returned to Rome with his father (and, possibly, his mother), and was brought up as Pontius Pilate.

As there appears to be no clear record of the circumstances of Pilate's parentage or birth, this story seems at least as likely as alternatives that would have him born in Tarragona in Spain or Forchheim in Germany. And if he was born in Fortingall, that would make him only the first of very many Scots who throughout history have travelled abroad to achieve high office in the service of other people's empires.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/u ... ilate.html

http://www.sacredconnections.co.uk/holy ... pilate.htm

http://www.scottish-places.info/towns/t ... t1306.html

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

From the article posted by A_Britishcolumbian:
The Welsh,(2.4 million of them in 300AD) are the original Britons and don't let any one persuade you that they were 'absorbed' by tens of thousands of Jutes,Saxons and Angles.

Celtic people were at one time all over Europe, from the British Isles in the west, to even as far as what is now Turkey in the East, living in tribes or clans with their own chief or king. The ancient Greeks coined the name ' Keltoi' to refer to, as they saw them, their mysterious neighbours. It meant "hidden/secretive people".

The Celts have been around since at least 700 B.C. in Central Europe, the earliest recorded settlements being at Halstatt in what is now Austria, which was an important salt-mining area - salt in those days was nearly as valuable as gold! The expansion of the Celtic heartland was possibly due to their wealth from salt, and certainly due to their expertise as horsemen. Another early heartland in the 5th century B.C. centred around the La Tene settlement on Lake Neuchatel in what is now Switzerland. During the 5th to 3rd centuries B.C. they expanded south towards Italy, west to Gaul and Iberia, and east into Hungary, Greece and Turkey. In 387 B.C they sacked Rome, and 98 years later plundered the sanctuary of Delphi in Greece.

http://www.mauiceltic.com/celtic-history.htm

Great migration maps....

http://www.ksc.kwansei.ac.jp/~jed/EGG/

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Lost Missing Years of Jesus, in BRITAIN - E Raymond Capt (Traditions of Glastonbury)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRleFbhJK2U

wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Here is some information on the Chalice Well at the base of Glastonbury Tor, which is now a world peace garden.

The Chalice Well at the base of the Glastonbury Tor has been in use for over 2000 years. In 2001 it became a world peace garden.
Christian lore suggests the Chalice Well marks the site where Joseph of Arimathea placed the chalice that had caught the drops of Christ's blood at the Crucifixion, linking the Well to the wealth of speculation surrounding the existence of the Holy Grail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalice_Well . There are also references to King Arthur being buried near Glastonbury Abby, and the lid of the well has a design that could be referencing Excalibur King Arthur's sword.

Wellesley Tudor Pole in1959 founded the Chalice Well Trust which preserves the Chalice Well and Bride's Mound of Glastonbury, England. http://www.chalicewell.org.uk/index.cfm ... egory_id/2
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Glastonbury holy well's links with Jesus Christ.

The Chalice Well at the foot of Glastonbury Tor is one of the best known holy wells in Britain.

Joseph of Arimathea is said to have buried the cup which Jesus used at the Last Supper at the site.

The water that flows at the well is sometimes called the "blood spring" and its high iron content is said to have strength-boosting properties.

Presenter Tom Craine talks to Natasha Wardle about the well's remarkable history.

The Great British Story - Glastonbury was broadcast on BBC One West on Tuesday, 12 June, and is available for seven days on the BBC iPlayer.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Domesday Book of Britain indicates "Joesph of Arimathea" & "Boy Jesus" Visited England.

Very good old video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgVBSxV2i8

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Joseph of Arimathea was the first Apostle to Britain...

Disciple of Jesus Philip ordained Joseph of Arimathea as the apostle to Britain. Then Prince Arviragus gave Joseph twelve hides of land, which amounted to 1,920 acres, at Glastonbury.

Ecclesia Apostolica Jesu Christi was founded in Britain circa A.D. 36, having been consecrated by Christ Himself who is sole Head of the Church. Its first bishop was Joseph of Arimathea, the apostle of Britain, who lived within four years of the second expulsion of the Romans. Only John, of the original apostles, outlived Joseph. Fifty years after he had placed the Body of Jesus Christ in the tomb in Palestine, Joseph went to his immortal reward and joined the saintly company that had preceded him on July 27th, AD 82. Cressy wrote in the Church History of Brittany: “Joseph was buried near the little wattle church he built.”

On Joseph of Arimathea's grave...

Etched into the stone lid of the sarcophagus into which his bones were later placed was the simple inscription: “Ad Brittanos veni post Christum Sepelivi. Docui. Quieve.” (“To the Britons I came after I buried the Christ. I taught. I have entered my rest.”)

http://www.holygrail-church.fsnet.co.uk ... 0Graal.htm

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”