Why do preachers say "the end is near"? (they lie)

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why do preachers say "the end is near"? (they lie)

Post by averagejoe »

You can't find much of what happened to the Northern 10 Tribes of Israel that went into Assyrian captivity in 721 B.C.
Historians write them off as have disappeared or vanished. Yet 700 years later, Jewish Historian Josephus writes at the time of Christ that the 10 Tribes of Israel are to numerous to count that live on the east side of the Euphrates River. This is smack in the middle of the Parthian Empire. The Parthian Empire included the area near the Caspian Sea where these 10 Tribes were take. It was called Media. Some Cities around that area include Israelite names like Gozan (Where Israelites were in Egypt). Dara, was a Grandson of Judah (It was the name of the first Parthian Capitol), Samariane (name of the Capitol City of Israel, Samaria). Just to name a few.

List of Parthian Kings

http://americanhistory.si.edu/numismati ... /prulf.htm

Here is the area the Romans and Parthians battled for 300 years. Notice the border between the Roman and Parthian Empires is the Euphrates River....

http://americanhistory.si.edu/numismati ... omeinv.jpg
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

This is an interesting comment from Wikipedia....

Jesus is considered one of God's important prophets and the Messiah, who was sent to guide the Children of Israel
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote: Mar 18th, 2014, 4:55 pm Here's another from benny Hinn's website

dvd says - absolute proof we're living in the end times.

Benny Hinn bought himself a jet

The guy is a crook who preys on the poor.
Screenshot_20240321-154855~2.png
https://youtu.be/leWioCpGZRw?si=-mvAHdphZx2WlsCo
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tele-evangelist are the biggest scam artists out there, don’t give these :cuss: holes a dime of your hard earned money or the time of day.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Because Abrahamic religions are based on fear not fact.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

1nick wrote: Mar 22nd, 2024, 7:12 am Because Abrahamic religions are based on fear not fact.
I was under the impression that vast majority of religions are based on faith, which ones are based on fact.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

GordonH wrote: Mar 22nd, 2024, 7:24 am
1nick wrote: Mar 22nd, 2024, 7:12 am Because Abrahamic religions are based on fear not fact.
I was under the impression that vast majority of religions are based on faith, which ones are based on fact.
None.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

You do realize there are seven billion people on earth and everyone does something different when it comes to religion.

For example, I have no fear at all when it comes to pandemics. Other religious and non-religious people were "freaked out" as they described it. That means they were terrified of dying from a bad cold.

I wonder what Abraham would have done?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Thinktank wrote: Mar 22nd, 2024, 2:19 pm
You do realize there are seven billion people on earth and everyone does something different when it comes to religion.

For example, I have no fear at all when it comes to pandemics. Other religious and non-religious people were "freaked out" as they described it. That means they were terrified of dying from a bad cold.

I wonder what Abraham would have done?
Dude…

[never mind, you’re not worth it]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Preachers are like Lawyers, they only lie when they speak.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

The thing that impressed me most about my Abrahamic religion was when they said all other Abrahamic religions (except the Jews) - all "organized" denominations - were no good - especially the Catholics. They said "The Catholic Church and it’s organized religion is the worst of all the worlds false religions."
“And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth” (Rev 17:9)
Rome today is called the city of seven hills.
wow.gif

And they said more stuff - nothing about fear - everything about real stuff. They said Israel defeated their enemies in a miraculous way - six days - because Israel is special. Chosen. :smt045

And I remember it was during the first Iraq war when I was going to my "Abrahamic religion" church. Some of the people said, "this is the end of the world" like it's a good thing USA is going to exterminate that other Abrahamic religion - the Muslims. Others acted like God had something to do with the war. I'm not making this up.

One of the pastors said he was a pastor for twenty years and married fifty people and forty eight are STILL married. Since one in two marriages end in divorce, I thought this religious group must be on to something amazing. Then I got ripped off by one of the guys in church and that was the end of it.

But it wasn't fear. No one that I remember went around in fear about anything. It was more like - we're better than everyone else.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

:up:

Did you ever wonder how someone can go thirty four years without getting the flu, and others get six doses of covid vaccine AND flu shots because they're afraid it might be a twindemic - twice as bad?

Most of us live a scared life based on media's fear. "I was freaked out" one person told me, so I got the thing, but won't get it again.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: ...
Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 46:1-3

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalm 118:6

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here is a 4 hour video debunking this Benny Hinn dude as a fraud who should be in jail. It's a bit nerdy, but it's an open and shut case, the guy is a grifter of the worst kind. If there is a Hell, he's going there right next to Hitler. So gross how he preys on the poor and sick so he can get rich.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

looks like a nice guy to me.

:D

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”