Peaches Geldof obsessed with the occult and spirtuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Peaches Geldof obsessed with the occult and spirtuality

Post by averagejoe »

Interesting article on Peaches Geldof

From Scientology to libertine cult Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO): How Peaches was obsessed with the occult and spiritual study

Peaches was devotee of religious cult led by occultist Aleister Crowley
She had sect's acronym, OTO, tattooed onto her right arm in a heart shape
Three weeks ago she tweeted picture of shelves filled with Crowley's works
He wrote The Life Of A Drug Fiend and Magick, In Theory And Practice
Peaches defended Crowley to a detractor, calling him a 'beautiful thinker'
The 25-year-old's family were worried by her interest in the mysterious sect

While Peaches Geldof appeared to have beaten her drug demons, her continuing fascination with the occult, and particularly a mysterious religious cult called OTO, worried her family.
Just three weeks ago Peaches, 25, tweeted a picture of bookshelves groaning with works by Aleister Crowley, the British founder of the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO).
She also posted a photograph of Crowley's book, Magick - In Theory And Practice, praising him as a 'beautiful writer and thinker'. Her interest in OTO ran alongside previous fascinations with the Scientology cult, and Judaism, the religion of her husband, Thomas Cohen.

Crowley, who styled himself as 'the Great Beast, 666' and was dubbed 'the wickedest man in the world', revelled in sadomasochistic sex rituals with men and women, and the use of hard drugs including opium, cocaine, heroin and mescalin.
Peaches, who had 'OTO' tattooed in a heart on her right arm, is said to have become interested in the occultist's religious theory during her short-lived marriage to musician Max Drummey when she was 19. At the same time, she also pursued an interest in Scientology after talking to actress Katie Holmes, then married to Scientologist Tom Cruise.
She was said to have visited Scientology centres in Los Angeles and New York, before losing interest in the cult. More recently, Peaches, whose husband, Thomas Cohen is Jewish, developed an interest in Judaism.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... study.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Peaches Geldof obsessed with the occult and spirtuality

Post by averagejoe »

Another article on Peaches...

Peaches Geldof has signed up to Aleister Crowley's sex cult OTO

The celebrity tweeted a picture of one of the cult's books, and has inked the initials on her body too. But what do we know about OTO?

Peaches Geldof: believes in a thing called Thelema.
Peaches Geldof: believes in a thing called Thelema. Photograph: Michael Bowles/Rex Features

Appearance: Daft tattoos on daft people.

What does OTO stand for? Ordo Templi Orientis.

Meaning? The Order of the Oriental Templars.

And what does the Order of the Oriental Templars stand for? The "wisdom and knowledge" of, among many others, the Gnostic Catholic Church; the Rite of Memphis; the Order of the Sat Bhai; the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light; and the Illuminati.

Is this, by any chance, a stupid cult? No, actually it's a respected school of academic thought known for its rigorous system of peer-reviewed publishing and many seminal contributions to the philosophy of mind, ethics and epistemology.

Really? No, of course not. It's a stupid cult.

So why is it in the news? Why are stupid cults ever in the news?

Ah. Because of a famous stupid cultist? Bingo. In this case, Peaches Geldof.

Daughter of Bob? Yes, that Peaches Geldof, former dabbler in Scientology and present owner-operator of a heart-shaped "OTO" tattoo.

What has she done? Tweeted a picture from one of the cult's books to her 148,000 followers with the message: "#93 #Thelema #o.t.o for all my fellow Thelemites on instagram!"

And what exactly is a Thelemite? A believer in Thelema.

Which is? The religion created by occultist, practitioner of "sex magic", "wickedest man in the world" and former head of the Order of the Oriental Templars, Aleister Crowley, based on the central tenet: "Do what thou wilt."

Meaning? Meaning, in practice, rituals based around sexual exhaustion and, for the highest level members of the Order of the Oriental Templars, instruction in secret techniques for masturbation, heterosexual and homosexual sex. Crowley wrote the religion's founding text, The Book of the Law, in 1904, after an angel and messenger of the Egyptian gods named Aiwass appeared to him while he was on holiday in Cairo with his wife. Although obviously that didn't happen.

I think she may have been better off with the Scientologists. Now there's a sad state of affairs.

Do say: "Why does anyone follow this utter charlatan?"

Don't say: "Her tweets aren't even good."

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/shor ... x-cult-oto
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

How many members does a religion need for it to be not classified as a cult?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

1nick wrote:How many members does a religion need for it to be not classified as a cult?

I give up? How many?

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

1nick wrote:42

What a great number....

Jesus Christ Earthly mission was 42 months.

God's two coming Witnesses give warning for 42 months.

In the genealogical table of Jesus Christ’s physical lineage in the book of Matthew, the Greek word gennao is used 42 times. Its correct translation is the word 'begat' because the lineage is through males who 'beget' a son.

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Apr 9th, 2014, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Apr 9th, 2014, 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

It looks like she clearly was a satanist. That being the case her death could have been for many bad reasons. If ones get involved with such outwardly evil people don't expect nice things to happen.

Of course I have know idea what happened to her but this is just a general statement of truth. If I hang around an outlaw biker gang I shouldn't expect good things either.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

True...you are usually know for who you hang out with. The OTO tattoo doesn't help, giving your hidden secrets away. Her dad has it too......runs in the family I guess?

Hmmm wrote:It looks like she clearly was a satanist. That being the case her death could have been for many bad reasons. If ones get involved with such outwardly evil people don't expect nice things to happen.

Of course I have know idea what happened to her but this is just a general statement of truth. If I hang around an outlaw biker gang I shouldn't expect good things either.

eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

Probably MK'd to boot
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

eMeM wrote:Probably MK'd to boot

Good possibility!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”