Near death experiences the new religion?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Near Death Experiences the new religion?

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

so when you say

No good in dying before ones time... I don't believe that occurs, actually.

you seem to be suggesting one does not have a choice whether one returns or not, as in the ndes like cliffy1 describes.

you also mention the 'human' factor, i do not consider demons to be 'human', and we are shown in corinthians that temptaion comes in not just 'human' varieties.

Corinthians 10:13
No temptation hath taken you -- except human; and God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above what ye are able, but He will make, with the temptation, also the outlet, for your being able to bear [it].
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Yes, the majority of the near death experiences that I have learned about indicate that they were forced to return to their bodies and lives.

A few were given the option of whether or not to go back.

Most were told that it was not their time and sent back against their wishes.

Corinthians 10:13
No temptation hath taken you -- except human; and God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above what ye are able, but He will make, with the temptation, also the outlet, for your being able to bear [it].

Where in this above statement do you read that we are tempted by demons?

I don't think demons are human, no.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

human temptations, like temptations of the physical, the flesh, as opposed to non-himan temptations, spiritually corrupt temptations, temptations of the spirit, for example idolatry.

a larger slice of corinthians chapter 10 for context.

10 And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,
2 and all to Moses were baptized in the cloud, and in the sea;
3 and all the same spiritual food did eat,
4 and all the same spiritual drink did drink, for they were drinking of a spiritual rock following them, and the rock was the Christ;
5 but in the most of them God was not well pleased, for they were strewn in the wilderness,
6 and those things became types of us, for our not passionately desiring evil things, as also these did desire.
7 Neither become ye idolaters, as certain of them, as it hath been written, `The people sat down to eat and to drink, and stood up to play;'
8 neither may we commit whoredom, as certain of them did commit whoredom, and there fell in one day twenty-three thousand;
9 neither may we tempt the Christ, as also certain of them did tempt, and by the serpents did perish;
10 neither murmur ye, as also some of them did murmur, and did perish by the destroyer.
11 And all these things as types did happen to those persons, and they were written for our admonition, to whom the end of the ages did come,
12 so that he who is thinking to stand -- let him observe, lest he fall.
13 No temptation hath taken you -- except human; and God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above what ye are able, but He will make, with the temptation, also the outlet, for your being able to bear [it].
14 Wherefore, my beloved, flee from the idolatry;
15 as to wise men I speak -- judge ye what I say:
16 The cup of the blessing that we bless -- is it not the fellowship of the blood of the Christ? the bread that we break -- is it not the fellowship of the body of the Christ?
17 because one bread, one body, are we the many -- for we all of the one bread do partake.
18 See Israel according to the flesh! are not those eating the sacrifices in the fellowship of the altar?
19 what then do I say? that an idol is anything? or that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything? --
20 [no,] but that the things that the nations sacrifice -- they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not wish you to come into the fellowship of the demons.
21 Ye are not able the cup of the Lord to drink, and the cup of demons; ye are not able of the table of the Lord to partake, and of the table of demons;
22 do we arouse the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than He?
23 All things to me are lawful, but all things are not profitable; all things to me are lawful, but all things do not build up;
24 let no one seek his own -- but each another's.
25 Whatever in the meat-market is sold eat ye, not inquiring, because of the conscience,
26 for the Lord's [is] the earth, and its fulness;
27 and if any one of the unbelieving do call you, and ye wish to go, all that is set before you eat, nothing inquiring, because of the conscience;
28 and if any one may say to you, `This is a thing sacrificed to an idol,' -- do not eat, because of that one who shewed [it], and of the conscience, for the Lord's [is] the earth and its fulness:
29 and conscience, I say, not of thyself, but of the other, for why [is it] that my liberty is judged by another's conscience?
30 and if I thankfully do partake, why am I evil spoken of, for that for which I give thanks?
31 Whether, then, ye eat, or drink, or do anything, do all to the glory of God;
32 become offenceless, both to Jews and Greeks, and to the assembly of God;
33 as I also in all things do please all, not seeking my own profit, but that of many -- that they may be saved.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

I think the experience of being human IS TO be less than what we truly are in spirit, in wholeness.

I think the experience of life in this physical realm is one of limitation and restriction.... which serves a definite purpose.

I understand as best I can the last bible quote you shared, the best I can take out of what is written within it, is that temptation is for our growth and learning.

That God will not temp you without also providing the means and strength to face and overcome that temptation and that within that temptation is the very seed of your actualization.

I am not sure of the bible.... but I do believe in God.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i think the verse most important to our discussion is "Ye are not able the cup of the Lord to drink, and the cup of demons; ye are not able of the table of the Lord to partake, and of the table of demons."

the 'table' of the lord, you would need to think 'plane' or dimension.

as you say, on earth as it is in heaven, a good person will be received well on the next level, post mortem, because the lord will be there to protect you, to take you in.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

demons in dreamland?

One of the girls told a detective they were trying to become "proxies" of Slender Man, a mythological demon-like character they learned about on creepypasta.wikia.com, a website about horror stories and legends. They planned to run away to the demon's forest mansion after the slaying, the complaint said.

The other girl said she sees Slender Man in her dreams. She said he watches her and can read her mind and teleport.

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/1164 ... d-19-times
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

The table of the lord, sounds similiar to his 'many mansions'.

Many near death accounts I have had the opportunity to hear have interestingly enough stated that there was no judgement upon death, only that of the self assessing the self in its incarnation in how he/she interacted with others and the impact they made.

I think more than anything in life it matters what our level of consciousness is. You continue to refer to...as do your quotes...demons, I think we can have demons during our life time depending on what we open ourselves to and allow ourselves to entertain. So, in death as perhaps you are suggesting...we may pass through death with these demons or into the realms where our earthly demons dwell in the astral.

I truely feel that God is beyond these demonic spiritual realms.

This is why I feel it is important to be consciously about the fathers business during our life time.

Its weird that you mention slender man... I was out in the woods the other night having a fire and some fun, a friend of mine brought up slender man and I told her to shut it down! Dont need to pull that energy in at a party!
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Wow...I just read the article.

Careful who you play with :)
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Crazy eh? It goes to show that inside each of us is divinity and demons. It's one of mankind's evolutionary advantages to have inner thoughts that compete for space. Remove the frontal lobe and viola, no more inner voices. This is a product of biology and evolution, not a separate entity that judges or inhabits us. We've been equipped with all the tools to do great and horrific things all on our own.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Poindexter wrote: not a separate entity that judges or inhabits us

I beg to differ.

Demons are actual, they are not a creation of ones inner life, personality or imagination.

Demons are not a mental illness nor are they a biological impulse, voice or entity.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Poindexter wrote: We've been equipped with all the tools to do great and horrific things all on our own.

This I agree with.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

BelieveNothing wrote:I beg to differ.

Demons are actual, they are not a creation of ones inner life, personality or imagination.

Demons are not a mental illness nor are they a biological impulse, voice or entity.

Demons, angels or aliens, are manifestations of the mind. They can exist, to some extent, in our reality. It all depends on our beliefs and thoughts. I have dealt with demons that other people have manifested in their life. To get rid of them, you must first convince the other person that it is of their own making or use their belief system to do so. Although I do not personally believe in them, I have seen other peoples demons. It requires a completely open mind (no personal religious or spiritual bias) and a willingness to get into someone else's head.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

If what you claim is true cliffy...that would be nice.

I used to think and believe exactly as you do... My own experiences have taught me that I was incorrect in my belief that demons are a creation of an individual's psyche.

I was quite humbled, demons are a real entity and can be summoned by any person...sometimes easily and unintentionally and sometimes with ritual and intent.

Demons have to have been created at some point just as humans animals and plants were...but I cant agree that they are soley a creation of an individuals psyche.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

so why did your god create demons?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

You think I have that answer?

I could make up some bs for you if youd like for debate purposes but I wont :)

Like I stated... I used to believe differently about the reality of demons, through no effort of my own was I made aware that I was incorrect and that demons are an entity unto themselves.

The whys and wherefores i have no clue.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”