Satanism growing in America?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
What_the
Übergod

Re: Satanism growing in America?

Post by What_the »

Like those that have illuminated (lol) above. The good book is a construct of man. Lots of great wisdom but ultimately-an imaginary friend.

schools opening space for unsanctioned and unendorsed meetings, I see no reason for the left to raise hell. Unless you're suggesting we picket churches, per se.Like, you know, politicians that base their platform on imaginary friend s
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Seems like a lot of celebrities are thank satan these days...

Christian Bale credits Satan for inspiration on how to play Dick Cheney in 'Vice'

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, the former vice president's daughter, snapped back at Bale on Twitter.

It's a good thing for Christian Bale that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was voting, and not Republicans.

The Welsh-born thespian won the Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture – musical or comedy for his portrayal of former Vice President Dick Cheney in "Vice" and in accepting the award, he made clear where he stands on the real-life subject.

"Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration on how to play this role," said Bale, 44.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awa ... ce-n955506
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I like the Jordan Peterson view of religion in that it's best understood through archetypes and not to get bogged down on whether or not actual events happened.

Let's extend this to Satanism. We can define God as everything that's true, just, and right, and Satanism as everything that's inaccurate, unjust, and wrong.

Satanism is thus all around us, but it's also within all of us. We all lie to ourselves and ignore facts to serve our own desires, usually without realizing it. The object of spiritual enlightenment is to remove those lies from our lives and to focus on what's true, and just, and good. While we mostly do more good than bad, we are all humans who fail frequently to recognize our dark natures.

Someone calling himself a satanist is not really as bad as someone calling himself a Christian while raping little boys. At least with a Satanist we know what that stands for, so he can't be a hypocrite by pretending to be good while doing wrong.

The question should be not whether or not satanism is rising, but rather, is selfishness rising? And it very well might be. In my view it is, but "satanists" make up a very small percentage of the evil in the world.

What are you doing to serve others and God/The Creator/The Force/Whatever-you-want-to-call-the-supreme-goodness-in-the-universe?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

averagejoe wrote:Seems like a lot of celebrities are thank satan these days...

Christian Bale credits Satan for inspiration on how to play Dick Cheney in 'Vice'

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, the former vice president's daughter, snapped back at Bale on Twitter.

It's a good thing for Christian Bale that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was voting, and not Republicans.

The Welsh-born thespian won the Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture – musical or comedy for his portrayal of former Vice President Dick Cheney in "Vice" and in accepting the award, he made clear where he stands on the real-life subject.

"Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration on how to play this role," said Bale, 44.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awa ... ce-n955506

[Whoosh]
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Well that's good news
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I was wondering why joe would like my [whoosh] post that was directed at him.

I wonder no more...https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/link-b ... cientists/

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”