Question to theists.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Question to theists.

Post by Hmmm »

Rosieodonell wrote:Question to all the theist...

So I am wondering about divorce and the various churches. My mother was raised Roman Catholic and my parent's marriage ended up in divorce. My Mother paid for an annulment and in the eyes of her god her marriage never happened after she shelled out the cash. Does that mean I am now a bastard-child? (filter won't let me say bast child, which is silly since I am referring to myself) Does this make her a *bleep* for having a child out of wedlock? I found this completely hypocritical and I am just wondering about how theist feel about this.

I know a majority of theist are against same-sex marriage but I never hear anything about people asking for divorce to be made illegal?

Aren't people making a sacred vow before their god, proclaiming a man and woman become one flesh and can only be separated by death?

As a theist, do you shun friends that have commited this sin/act? (meaning divorce).

The catholic church is satanic and disgusting and anyone who could still believe they are the one true church is deceiving themselves. You're right, what does paying a priest have to do with being free from the marriage? Nothing.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

janalta wrote:Joe...You are a perfect example of why atheists, or non-theists, non-believers or agnostics have such a difficult time comprehending such devoutly religious people. You buy it all, lock, stock and barrel...no questions asked. It's written in religious text, therefore, it's all true. Many years of study of ancient migrations of Israelites, writting in stone by Assyrians, Freeing of Israelites by Scythians, Ancient writings in Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Persian cravings and writings by Persians, Historical Israelite relics, Blood line of the British Royalty from King David to Queen Elizabeth, including Jesus, Historical writings by many famous ancient historians, Joesph of Arimathea in Britain known as the Prophet to Britain, I could go on for a long time...

To answer your question...YES.....ALL religious text from the beginning of time has been written by humans. ALL of them.The God of Israel was written by the Holy Tribe of Levi. That was their job, to keep Holy Historical word of God and history of the Israelites. A whole tribe of people dedicated to it.
There is not a single book, golden plate or stone tablet out there that god wrote with his own hand...not one. Wrong, the original 10 Commandments written by God's finger, then had the Israelites build the Ark of the Covenant to carry with them in their wanderings and then Approx. 500 years later. King Solomon of the Israelites built a massive Temple to house this Ark with the 10 Commandments written by God's finger as the showcase of the Temple.

Throughout history, it was always men who were instructed 'by god' what to write. God inspired
No...the almighty - who had the power to create the earth, the universe, humans and everything else....didn't have the ability to write. That doesn't seem a little odd to you at all ??? No. What other things would he have written? Just 1, His Commandments.

So...your proof that god is real is that he showed himself to some Israelites thousands of years ago ? Why no appearances since then ? Why doesn't he show himself now....with the media and such, it would make a lot bigger impact on people.

Oh, sure...I know....some churches claim to have living prophets to this day...men who god still chats with. Other than their word....where's the proof that they're not just off their rockers or loving the attention ? His 2 witnesses will be the next Prophets to come to give God's final warning before Jesus Triumphant return. The 2 Witnesses will take on the anti-Christ Leader of the one coming one world government and his world religious leader named Maitreya. So, something to look forward to. Well except Christians

Yes, Ok, so Solomon built a temple. And he claims that this temple was built to house the Ark of the Covenant...in which supposedly, were the stone tablets that Moses wrote ( er...I mean god ). LOL
Did anyone ever actually see the tablets? How about the Ark ? ( besides Indiana Jones ) Of course the Hollywood version has to be added. Millions of Israelites saw it in there day and for 500 years till they built the Temple for it. Then Millions more while the Temple stood till the Babylonians destroyed the Temple. You really need a history lesson of great magnitudes...
Now, the story goes, the Ark and the tablets are kept in Africa...guarded by one elderly monk...who s the only person alive who has ever seen it. There many stories regarding the Ark of the Covenant other than the Ethiopians having it.

What atheist web sites am I getting my information from ? Are they run by satan ? Because, heaven forbid, no one could possibly not believe in god, religion, Jesus or the bible if a satanic atheist web site hadn't led them astray.
I don't happen to spend my time reading any atheist web sites or literature, thanks.
Could have fooled me..LOL
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I do believe Jesus existed because there is actual documented proof of him. He was being groomed as the next massaih by the Israelites but his exile to Egypt when the Romans ruled current Israel changed his views and ended up getting him crusified. There is some proof he spent many years with a tribe in Egypt that practiced transcendental meditation. They used sensory deprivation in order to become one with the devine which they believed was in each of us. In other words he believed we were all devine and children of God. Not a popular view at the time and a real slap in the face of those who had groomed him to become thier massaih. His words have been perverted ever since and in particular by Constantine, the emperor of Rome at the time. He saw Christianity as a tool to control the masses and reduce the tension between his teachings and paganism. This is the birth place of the bible, a roman ruler, not the words of god.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Poindexter wrote:I do believe Jesus existed because there is actual documented proof of him. He was being groomed as the next massaih by the Israelites but his exile to Egypt when the Romans ruled current Israel changed his views and ended up getting him crusified. There is some proof he spent many years with a tribe in Egypt that practiced transcendental meditation. They used sensory deprivation in order to become one with the devine which they believed was in each of us. In other words he believed we were all devine and children of God. Not a popular view at the time and a real slap in the face of those who had groomed him to become thier massaih. His words have been perverted ever since and in particular by Constantine, the emperor of Rome at the time. He saw Christianity as a tool to control the masses and reduce the tension between his teachings and paganism. This is the birth place of the bible, a roman ruler, not the words of god.

Constantine's Christianity came from Britain. I have posted numerous postings on the subject. Also I have a Thread on Constantine and his recovery of the True Cross of Jesus. He destroyed the Sassanid Persians Empire getting it back.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55361

Here is the history of the True Cross of Christ. Also known as the True Cross of Ctesiphon. The recapture of the True Cross of Christ brought down the Sassanian (Persian) Empire by the Christian Byzantine Empire.

The finding of the Cross by the Empress Helen (the mother of St. Constantine the Great) on Golgotha in 326 AD, the place where Christ was crucified.

Underneath the Basil, the Cross of Christ was found, but with it were the other two crosses, those used to crucify the two thieves on either side of Christ. The sign with the inscription, "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews", also lay among the three crosses. In order to determine which one was the true cross, a sick woman was told to kiss each of the three crosses. The woman kissed the first cross with no result. She kissed the second cross and again nothing happened. However, when the ailing woman kissed the True Cross, she was immediately made well. It so happened that a funeral procession was passing that way, and so the body of the dead man was placed on each of the crosses, and when it was placed on the True Cross, the dead man came to life — thus the name the “Life-Giving” Cross, which gives life not only to that man, but to each person who believes in the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross and His all-glorious three day Resurrection.

The recovery of the Cross on which Jesus Christ was crucified from the Persians. The Persians had captured the True Cross as a prize of war when they sacked Jerusalem in 614 AD. It was recovered by the forces of the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire)) in 627 AD, when Emperor Heraclius decisively defeated the Sassanid Persians at The Battle of Nineveh, surrounding their capital Ctesiphon, recovering the True Cross, and breaking the power of the Sassanid dynasty. The Elevation took place on March 21, 630 AD, when Emperor Heraclius entered Jerusalem amidst great rejoicing, and together with Patriarch Zacharios (609-632), transferred the Cross of Christ with great solemnity into the temple of the Resurrection, joyously held up for veneration by the Christian faithful.

Read more...http://orthodoxwiki.org/Elevation_of_the_Holy_Cross

http://godalonesufficeth.wordpress.com/ ... ist-jesus/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Poindexter wrote:I do believe Jesus existed because there is actual documented proof of him. He was being groomed as the next massaih by the Israelites but his exile to Egypt when the Romans ruled current Israel changed his views and ended up getting him crusified. There is some proof he spent many years with a tribe in Egypt that practiced transcendental meditation. They used sensory deprivation in order to become one with the devine which they believed was in each of us. In other words he believed we were all devine and children of God. Not a popular view at the time and a real slap in the face of those who had groomed him to become thier massaih. His words have been perverted ever since and in particular by Constantine, the emperor of Rome at the time. He saw Christianity as a tool to control the masses and reduce the tension between his teachings and paganism. This is the birth place of the bible, a roman ruler, not the words of god.

Could you please post your readings, I would like to examine them regarding Jesus in Egypt and him practicing Eastern Religious stuff?

Please see my thread on Jesus in Glastonbury England...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55732

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Thanks for the non-defensive and enlightening post. I lack the faith muscle so it still seems absurd to me but I do appreciate it nonetheless.

I read about the time Jesus spent in Egypt in a book called the Jesus Chronicles. Been a while since I read it and may be time to refresh as it was a fascinating perspective on the incredible human who wasn't afraid to go against the doctrine of he time and changed the world.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Guardians of the Ark of the Covenant... The Levites.

King James 2000 Bible
And they commanded the people, saying, When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then you shall set out from your place, and go after it.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

off topic. start a new thread.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 9th, 2014, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.

Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

Joe, absolutely nothing that you have posted would be considered evidence by any reasonable person.

Try this instead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/solomon_qa.shtml
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 9th, 2014, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Geckonidae wrote:Joe, absolutely nothing that you have posted would be considered evidence by any reasonable person.

Like I've said before, you and a few others need to read some ancient history.

Try this instead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/solomon_qa.shtml

So you have come conclusion that everything is a fake?

The ancient nation of Israel was fake
The fall of Judah by the Babylonians and taken into captivity was fake
The fall of the Northern Nation of Israel by the Assyrians was fake
Jesus is a fake
12 Apostles are fake
Josephus the Jewish historian is a fake
Israelite People are fake
King Solomon's Temple is a fake
Stone of Israel is a fake
40 years of wondering by the Israelite's in the desert is fake.
King David is a fake
10 Commandants is fake
Stone of Israel is fake
All the Israelite names of towns and Cities in Modern Israel are all fake names
All the Israelite names in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq are fake
The King Solomon Mountain range is a fake mountain range
All the fake history of Jesus visited Glastonbury England
The fake fall of the Persian Empire when Constantine destroyed the their Empire to get the Cross of Jesus back
Last edited by averagejoe on Jul 9th, 2014, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Geckonidae wrote:Joe, absolutely nothing that you have posted would be considered evidence by any reasonable person.

My questions from your article....

Who then built Jerusalem?

The only evidence is the Bible. There are no other records describing it, and to date there has been no archaeological evidence of the Temple at all. What's more, other archaeological sites associated with King Solomon - palaces, fortresses and walled cities that seemed to match places and cities from the Bible - are also now in doubt.

There is a growing sense among scholars that most of these archaeological sites are actually later than previously believed. Some now believe there may be little or no archaeological evidence of King Solomon's time at all, and doubt that he ruled the vast empire which is described in the Bible.

Ancient layout of Israel.....

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/12/04/an ... sal/map-2/

One ancient stone table exists in the Israel Museum...

Inscriptions from the First Temple Period are extremely rare. In fact only one other royal inscription from this period has been found in Israel. The 'House of David' Victory Stele, now in the Israel Museum, contains the only reference to Solomon's father David which exists outside the Bible.

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Joe, absolutely nothing you have listed proves there is a deity. You are going on and on about histories of people and mythology but that only proves people and mythology existed. Why can't we get a huge face in the sky saying "Hey there I'm real. Stop destroying everything I made."? For someone that created everything he sucks at leaving any trace of his involvement.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

jennylives wrote:Joe, absolutely nothing you have listed proves there is a deity. You are going on and on about histories of people and mythology but that only proves people and mythology existed. Why can't we get a huge face in the sky saying "Hey there I'm real. Stop destroying everything I made."? For someone that created everything he sucks at leaving any trace of his involvement.

Maybe you should read what I posted. What mythology? Maybe to you....read some ancient history and you might learn something instead of your atheist websites. LOL

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”