Radio Church of God

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
eMeM
Übergod

Radio Church of God

Post by eMeM »

Does anyone rmemember the Radio Church of God? Herbert W Armstrong started his evangelical mission decades ago. I think it was somewhere near 100 years ago that he first started to study the bible. His first task was to prove his wife wrong. Imagine that? Ha! Wifey comes home and challenges him to find where in the bible God commanded Sunday worship. Well he couldn't find it. Instead he found countless discrepancies.  Discrepancies he tried and tried to justify but he simply could not prove her wrong. The first being the Sabbath somehow changed from the seventh day to the first. (Saturday to Sunday)
Mr. Armstrong's contributions to restoring apostolic Christianity are many and they deserve recognition. 
Does anyone else remember him telling the world that the Berlin wall would fall? That Communist Russia was NOT a threat? That the European Union was a certainty?  He predicted those things well before they ever came to pass!  His stunning predictions were rooted in bible prophecy. That's why he could predict such things accurately!  Mr. Armstrong has been dead nearly 30 years but his predictions keep coming to pass. How? Why?
Take a look for yourself. 
"He was right!"
https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/1143/he-was-right
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Radio Church of God

Post by averagejoe »

There is group of his people here in town.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

I would like to point out that every wall is doomed to fall, and communist Russia was a threat.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

David Wilkerson Prophecy 1985 - America is going to be destroyed by fire!
Sudden destruction is coming and few will escape. Unexpectedly, and in one hour, a hydrogen holocaust will engulf America and this nation will be no more.

WWilliam Branham America Destroyed
VISION 7
In the seventh and final vision there was an explosion, and the nation of America was turned into ashes from coast to coast.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The business model Herbert. W Armstrong forged, alongside Stanley Radar, for WCG was a simple one that’s been replicated by just about every COG minister since and by multiple other evangelists across the cultist spectrum.

Preach a doomsayer’s message about the Apocalypse, sometimes setting a specific date, other times more generally.
Require tithes and donations from members to “warn the world,” making them think they’re doing their part to save souls.
Repeat. Change end time dates as necessary.

It’s a simple game of fear-mongering and bribery, threatening the member’s souls with oblivion in the Lake of Fire if they don’t tow the line and promising them eternal life and their own planet for giving generously. Obviously, this situation has been rife with false prophecy and financial fraud throughout the COG’s history.

http://silenced.co/fraud/
http://americaslastdays.blogspot.ca/p/w ... royed.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

Having grown up in this cult till I was 16, let me tell you it stole my childhood, something I can never get back. I hope Herbert is burning in hell, he was a mean selfish dictator.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”