5 yr old gets a glimpse into the afterlife after car crash

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
spiritualteachers

5 yr old gets a glimpse into the afterlife after car crash

Post by spiritualteachers »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FinTmZUyl1A

Hard to deny these experiences especially when it comes from a child.
janalta
Übergod

Re: 5-Year Old gets a glimpse into the afterlife after car c

Post by janalta »

Hard to deny that she had an experience of some kind.
Easy to argue that it was a cause and effect of a traumatic brain injury, hallucinations, dreams while in a coma or suppressed memories of watching her mother and brother die.... and not a sign of god at all.
Not everything we don't fully understand is automatically religious sign. Really.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
spiritualteachers

Your right something like this will never be proven as a real thing but I think it should be looked into more than just dismissing them all as hallucinations. It's the same type of experience people get before they die at an old age. They see deceased relatives who come to visit them.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

People experience hallucinations all the time. Son of Sam thought his dog was telling him to kill people. Your brain can make you experience absolutely anything. I have felt myself fly in my dreams, that doesn't mean my body ever left the bed.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

http://www.livescience.com/11010-death- ... ation.html

People who report near-death experiences have elevated levels of carbon dioxide in their blood and may be suffering oxygen deprivations, according to a new study published in the medical journal Critical Care.

The study, by Slovenian researchers, examined 52 heart attack patients in three large hospitals. Of those, 11 reported having near-death experiences (NDEs), such as movement toward a bright light, feelings of peace and joy, and profoundly spiritual moments during their heart attacks. Studies suggest that between 10 percent and 25 percent of heart attack survivors report NDEs.

Exactly why has remained a mystery, but the new study provides a clue. The link between oxygen deprivation in the brain and near-death experience has been suggested for many years. British researcher Dr. Susan Blackmore, author of "Dying to Live: Near-Death Experiences" (Prometheus Books, 1993), notes that many NDEs (such as euphoria and the feeling of moving toward a white light) are in fact typical symptoms of oxygen deprivation.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
spiritualteachers

Yes I've heard all the attempts to explain it and it's easy to read an article and believe that's the answer.

Problem is near-death experiences are too organized. I mean most of them are told "you have to go back it's not your time" "or you can't stay" etc....why would the brain be programmed to give each person dying that specific message that makes no sense.

Why would the brain program a life review in which you get to feel how you've effected people in your life as well as feel it from other peoples perspectives too? That also a process of a dying brain that all those people had?

If NDE's were all random I wouldn't even follow them but they are too far from random makes me think the possibilities of something else.

So for that I'm not so quick to believe in a study claiming to explain it.

Speaking of oxygen deprivation....

This guy has had both an NDE and oxygen deprivation as a pilot he say's it's not he same thing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIRX8drboAI
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

spiritualteachers wrote:I mean most of them are told "you have to go back it's not your time" "or you can't stay" etc....why would the brain be programmed to give each person dying that specific message that makes no sense.

Our brains are amazing. Oxygen deprivation most likely affect the brain in a similar way with most people, thus they would experience similar feelings and sensations which might include hearing a voice that their oxygen deprived brain interprets as being told to "go back".

Doctors can stimulate parts of the brain so you can hear pass conversation, and/or see past events in your life.

spiritualteachers wrote:This guy has had both an NDE and oxygen deprivation as a pilot he say's it's not he same thing..

different events and variables can equal different experiences.

There is too much science out there for me to believe that brain function isn't the cause.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

This one lady died on the operating table and saw herself laying there being frantically worked on by the physicians & nurses. She felt herself rising through the ceiling. as she proceeded upwards out of the building she noticed a shoe on the roof.

A bunch of other things happened next but i'll skip that part to avoid any atheist heads accidentally exploding.

The medical staff managed to get her heart going again and when she regained consciousness some time later she remembered the shoe on the roof and mentioned it to one of the staff who went to have a look... and came back with the shoe.

Now that's one awsome "hallucination" that can make matter spontaneously manifest itself.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Or...perhaps it is the religious folks who's head may explode if they grasped the concept that there is so little really known about the human brain/mind and what it is capable of - that it is within the realm of possibility that many 'miracles', visions or godly explanations are created within that complex brain itself...and not from heaven or some sort of creator at all.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

sobrohusfat wrote:This one lady died on the operating table and saw herself laying there being frantically worked on by the physicians & nurses. She felt herself rising through the ceiling. as she proceeded upwards out of the building she noticed a shoe on the roof.

A bunch of other things happened next but i'll skip that part to avoid any atheist heads accidentally exploding.

It isn't that I don't want this story to be true, there's just no good reason to think that it is true. You have a story that was documented and reported years after it allegedly happened, at which point it was impossible to confirm any of the details with the "Maria" in the story. This is a story with embellished details, told by someone who wants to believe that such things are real and true. This is all just confirmation bias, both on the part of people who take it at face value, and on the part of the hospital employee who reported it 7 years after she says it happened. I want to believe...but this is just BS.
spiritualteachers

Here as actual video of the story they are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGqpxa32og
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

sobrohusfat wrote:This one lady died on the operating table and saw herself laying there being frantically worked on by the physicians & nurses. She felt herself rising through the ceiling. as she proceeded upwards out of the building she noticed a shoe on the roof.

The medical staff managed to get her heart going again and when she regained consciousness some time later she remembered the shoe on the roof and mentioned it to one of the staff who went to have a look... and came back with the shoe.

Now that's one awsome "hallucination" that can make matter spontaneously manifest itself.

The CBC was mentioning recently that they have started conducting scientific experiments on this very subject by placing specific pictures high up on shelves in the operating rooms such that they would only be visible from the viewpoint of the ceiling.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

spiritualteachers wrote:Here as actual video of the story they are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGqpxa32og

So instead of reading the written account of a story someone made up, I can actually watch the crazy person talk about it. This is all anecdotal BS, and it's not even anecdotal evidence from the person who supposedly had the experience.

You can find exactly the same "evidence" from people who claim to have been abducted by aliens or raped by Bigfoot. Sure they sound like interesting stories, and if you're looking for them, you might even find patterns and what sound like common experiences. At the end of the day though, it's nothing more than stories.
spiritualteachers

Re: 5 yr old gets a glimpse into the afterlife after car cra

You've made up your mind about these I'm sure before you've even studied these stories. If you believe they are all liars fabricating stories for kicks and giggles that's fine :) cheers.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”