Catholics & Gays

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
my5cents
Guru

Re: Catholics & Gays

Post by my5cents »

Well the good news is that eventually those segments of our society that so faithfully follow the teachings of their particular "god" and discriminate against perceived sinners, will achieve the insight that religion is based on myth and ignorance and has no basis in fact, in the least.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:To those who would compare a gay person to a pedophile as those there is some comparison.....

Shame on you.

If they are both wrong (according to the Bible) then they should not be treated any differently by the Church. That is the comparison.
The Pedophiles are the ones who need to be not allowed in the Church not the others.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:If they are both wrong (according to the Bible) then they should not be treated any differently by the Church. That is the comparison.
The Pedophiles are the ones who need to be not allowed in the Church not the others.

Who's going to give the sermons if pedophiles are kept out of the church ? (you knew that was coming)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

my5cents wrote:Well the good news is that eventually those segments of our society that so faithfully follow the teachings of their particular "god" and discriminate against perceived sinners, will achieve the insight that religion is based on myth and ignorance and has no basis in fact, in the least.

Boy, are you in for some disappointment.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

No kidding.We're stuck with the religious for at least another millennium. (that is if they don't kill us all first)
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

my5cents wrote:Well the good news is that eventually those segments of our society that so faithfully follow the teachings of their particular "god" and discriminate against perceived sinners, will achieve the insight that religion is based on myth and ignorance and has no basis in fact, in the least.

nope, the bible says god will judge, I have yet to read where it says he needs help.

Anyone pointing fingers at how other people live is not following the scriptures
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cutter7 wrote:
nope, the bible says god will judge, I have yet to read where it says he needs help.

Anyone pointing fingers at how other people live is not following the scriptures

Sorry, but Israel had judges that judged the people. This is also carried on in the New Testament. The congregation is not the ultimate judge of course.
King James Version Ex 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.

2Ch 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

thanks hmmm. not the point I was trying to make, but I still learned something.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I learned something too.This god is knacker'd,bushed,shagged out,too tired to sort out the petty stuff.
So much for all powerful.I guess it's a lot of work to smite your own "creations" that you knew were going to screw up but you made them anyway.
And yes I heard about the free will spiel,blah blah blah.
A1-humor

Post by A1-humor »

Hillsong Church Pastors Won't Speak Out On Gays Because Jesus Didn't Either

Jesus said He came to complete the Old Covenant (OT), and He often quoted from it.
He just didn't quote everything ... it's all there to read ... why quote all of it?
Jesus came to focus on His gospel (good news) ...
and how it was an improvement on The Law of the OT.

Both OT and NT speak out against homosexuality.
One either believes what God has caused to be written for our eternal benefit,
or one does not believe it.

God loves the sinner, but hates the sin.
No habitual unrepentant sinner is admitted into heaven.
Here's a simple example from Revelation 21:7-8,
which applies to absolutely everyone on planet earth ...
"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and
all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Humor can be of tremendous benefit for a troubled person
... but sorry, not so much when it comes to spiritual matters.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

A1-humor wrote: God loves the sinner, but hates the sin.

Since homosexuality is not a behavior choice it can hardly be considered a "sin"
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

steven lloyd wrote:Since homosexuality is not a behavior choice it can hardly be considered a "sin"

Homesexual sex is a choice. Just like straight sex is a choice. One doesn't have to do either. So its a choice. Lets not confuse the issue here. What kind of person acts on something without making a choice to do it? Please keep in mind, I'm NOT commenting on the right and wrong of the issue, but adding clarity to the point.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
A1-humor

Post by A1-humor »

steven lloyd wrote:Since homosexuality is not a behavior choice it can hardly be considered a "sin"

IMO, humans have free will to do anything they choose to do.

Actually, homosexuality is a type of satanic bondage.
A door has been opened somehow for a demon of homosexuality
to enter a person's soul (which is comprised of mind, will, and emotions).
You can forget the chemical imbalances stuff.

God almost always only speaks to us in a still small voice.
But, demons PUSH at a person to get them to commit sins of all kinds,
e.g. adultery, suicide, alcoholism, tell lies, take drugs, etc.
These are habitual sins, which a person can have great difficulty overcoming.

People who just cannot control their particular problem/bondage
really need to seek out a Christian deliverance worker who can drive
the demon out ... and set them free from whatever is afflicting them.
Just as Jesus and His disciples and the later apostles did ...
we can set people free from all of their many problems:
physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Humor can be of tremendous benefit for a troubled person
... but sorry, not so much when it comes to spiritual matters.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

You chose an appropriate username
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hmmm wrote: Lets not confuse the issue here.

Why not ??? You obviously have.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”