The Big Bang or God/Allah or some other Deity?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
opinion2015
Fledgling

The Big Bang or God/Allah or some other Deity?

Post by opinion2015 »

I am just into a book on "The Cosmos", the Big Bang theory, and evolution and it got me to start thinking about us human beings, and the age old question- 'how did we get here'?

So I am asking for help from forum members. All theories are welcome. Ever since I was a young boy looking up at the stars on a clear summer night, I have been tortured by the age old question- "how did we get here?"

This question is not scientific- but- if you believe the 'big bang' theory, then who/what gave us the 'compressed primordial matter', that rapidly expanded and exploded. Was it a 'god'? If it was a 'god', where in the heavens did he/she/it come from?

I have asked this question of everyone I have ever known- teachers/friends/families- and never got an answer.

Do any of you want to take a stab at this? To be clear, the question is:

"In life, nothing happens without something being initiated. How did anything 'happen' if no one initiated anything? If you believe in the big bang theory, how could 'compressed primordial matter' be formed- if there was no person/thing/God to initiate it?"

I sense this is a useless exercise, but any help you can provide would be much appreciated!
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Big Bang or God/Allah or some other Deity?

Post by JLives »

I don't think "nothing" has ever existed. Nothing is a man made concept. Whenever we expect to find nothing, we always find something. I think our universe has been an endless cycle of expansion and contraction with no initiator at all.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

or every black hole starts a universe somewhere else, what is outside of the universe maybe something our physics doesn't comprehend yet .

Another surprising revelation was that superstring theories are not just theories of one-dimensional objects. There are higher dimensional objects in string theory with dimensions from zero (points) to nine, called p-branes. In terms of branes, what we usually call a membrane would be a two-brane, a string is called a one-brane and a point is called a zero-brane.
What makes a p-brane? A p-brane is a spacetime object that is a solution to the Einstein equation in the low energy limit of superstring theory, with the energy density of the nongravitational fields confined to some p-dimensional subspace of the nine space dimensions in the theory. (Remember, superstring theory lives in ten spacetime dimensions, which means one time dimension plus nine space dimensions.) For example, in a solution with electric charge, if the energy density in the electromagnetic field was distributed along a line in spacetime, this one-dimensional line would be considered a p-brane with p=1.
A special class of p-branes in string theory are called D branes. Roughly speaking, a D brane is a p-brane where the ends of open strings are localized on the brane. A D brane is like a collective excitation of strings.
These objects took a long time to be discovered in string theory, because they are buried deep in the mathematics of T-duality. D branes are important in understanding black holes in string theory, especially in counting the quantum states that lead to black hole entropy, which was a very big accomplishment for string theory
http://www.superstringtheory.com/basics/basic7.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9FQTcG9kcw

i think life is a part of the universe as much as a star is , i think the universe is actually alive
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

opinion2015 wrote:I sense this is a useless exercise, but any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

Accept the mystery? Some questions are just beyond our ability to answer at this point in time.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
cori

Post by cori »

You write:"In life, nothing happens without something being initiated." Could this only be only a belief?

Our mental is time and space conditioned and limited and therefore cannot understand Eternity. May be Eternity exist/… or not?..., we do not know because being time limited, we cannot prove its existence or non-existence .

Eternity is not within time but time could be within Eternity. If eternity would exist life could come from there, being eternal and your question, being then nullified would be answered.

All what we think/know is just concept, we are never in contact with Reality, but just with our inner perceptions so it is hardly if not impossible to have the real answer to your question which answer topic is out of the grasp of our limited mind.

May be a helpful departure point to help understand “how did we get there?” would be:

What is that “WE” used in the former question?

May be that from your conception of that WE, several different answers may arise?

Friendly yours
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

Certainly our time, on this planet, in our solar system, in the Universe, cannot be properly measured, but a snap of the fingers would be way to long! I certainly will not live long enough to ever get an answer.

Are those "Cryonics" clinics still in operation?!
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”