Going Overboard With Your Beliefs

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Bubalouie
Guru

Going Overboard With Your Beliefs

Post by Bubalouie »

I have a question for those of you that are religious/spiritual. Why is it necessary for every post on your FB page or anything else you post always, always have to be religious?
Sige
Übergod

Re: Going Overboard With Your Beliefs

Post by Sige »

::grabs popcorn and gets blanket::
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

One more added reason not to have FB, thank-you OP.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Either un-friend those or just change your settings so you don't see what they post.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bubalouie wrote:I have a question for those of you that are religious/spiritual. Why is it necessary for every post on your FB page or anything else you post always, always have to be religious?

People have areas of interest and passion. Why should religion be any different? If you don't like it, simply take Bsuds' advice, or PM them and tell them how it makes you feel, and ask them to tone it down a bit. They may or may not listen, but at least they will be aware of how you feel.

It takes all kinds to make the world go around. I have a friend who is a rabid animals PETA loving social justice warrior who posts all kinds of things that have to do with his causes, most of which I disagree. I used to engage in debates about whether or not eating meat is morally reprehensible, but now I just let him preach to the converted since neither of us are going to change our positions in any significant way. I have found that this works best for most controversial topics I see in my feed. Just live and let live, and leave the debating to Castanet forums.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Oh I have changed settings, etc. I guess it's the same as some fanatics are about their hockey, etc. etc. Just seems religion is more over the top......could just be me. Kinda like the non soliciting sign at my friends condo building but there seems to be almost every weekend, people wandering around the complex with pamphlets to hand out
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I think there are two perspectives about what FB should be used for. Many people believe that Facebook is meant to be a social gathering place of mixed company where you do not discuss taboo topics like religion and politics. This seems to be more commonly held by those of the female persuasion. Others believe that FB is a sounding board for whatever floats your boat.

Facebook is so new that we are still hammering out the social rules of engagement.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”