Is it true?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Is it true?

Post by I Think »

Is it true that the radical Christians are against a peaceful nuclear agreement, because they think that Israel must go to war with Iran in order for the second coming to happen?
Is it part of the 'end of days' nonsense?
Is that why the tpublicans and tory's are crying for ramping up military support for Israel?
We're lost but we're making good time.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Is it true?

Post by cliffy1 »

Nibs wrote:Is it true that the radical Christians are against a peaceful nuclear agreement, because they think that Israel must go to war with Iran in order for the second coming to happen?
Is it part of the 'end of days' nonsense?
Is that why the tpublicans and tory's are crying for ramping up military support for Israel?

I would have to say your fears are well founded. The Moral Majority (remember those fruit loops?) got Raygun in for wanting to proliferate nuclear arms. Since then the religious right have been chomping at the bit to start the end times. "Armagettin tired of waitin" is their battle cry.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

where on earth have you read this? LOL!!!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Netanyahu for US president !!!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

where on earth have you read this? LOL!!!

Ferri it is out there, Sarah Palin thinks that the second coming will be in her lifetime, I meet Christians who are preparing for the end times and who think it is imminent.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Nibs wrote:Ferri it is out there, Sarah Palin thinks that the second coming will be in her lifetime, I meet Christians who are preparing for the end times and who think it is imminent.

i have never heard her say that, but i suppose she has a right to believe anything she wants. what exactly is a "Christian"? never heard of it. as far as people getting ready for the 'end times', they are called Preppers and have nothing to do with religion. if you look back through history you will see that they have always been around.
― Albert Einstein
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

There are Christians who believe that Christ's return is imminent...within the lifetime of today's adults.

I've never heard any say that a war among humans will bring this about, but maybe I don't get around much.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Friend of mine US catholics, reformed say they were taught that war and Israels dominance were prerequisits for the second coming.

Ferri asked what is a Christian............. someone who believes in the magical power of a long dead person to be reconstituted, to stomp around on this cool green sphere.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i have never heard a Catholic say anything close to that. but then i really don't worry about what others believe. lol

the Muslims have a similar belief. their 12th Imam.
― Albert Einstein
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

ferri wrote:where on earth have you read this? LOL!!!

ferri, I have been around a long time. I have been politically aware since the 60s and have studied comparative religions for 45 years. I have been particularly interested in the shenanigans of TV evangelists for decades. My sources are to many to even remember. The evangelicals make up the majority of Zionists because they believe that Armageddon with begin there and bring on the return of JC. Rayguns election and the Moral Majority's support in that election are a matter of history. These might help you with this:
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/18/the_evangelical_presidency_reagans_dangerous_love_affair_with_the_christian_right/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_Majority
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I do believe its true that the far right Christian groups believe Armageddon will start in Israel. Some may be even trying to force Gods hand by trying to start a war there. These people all are nuts.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Who did the "religious right" vote for before Reagan? Why is it wrong when this group supports Republicans, but not wrong when they support Democrats? Seems like left-wing sour grapes to me.

I've read before that Christians used to favour the Democrats, and so did men, but now both groups favor Republicans, though these types of things ebb and flow over time, so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Interesting... Christians 'more likely to be leftwing' and have liberal views on immigration and equality

Another interesting thing is that the vast majority of Jews are left-wing, more so than gays, blacks, atheists, Muslims, or any other identifiable group, at least in the way they vote. 100% of Jewish senators in the states are Democrat, but the interesting contrast is that the few right leaning Jews (Benjamin Netanyahu, Jonah Goldberg, Dennis Prager, Ezra Levant, etc.) make it appear that Jews aren't that left-wing, even though they are on average more left-wing than any other group in America or Canada. Leftists brand the few right-wing Jews as evil Zionists who are extremely dangerous even though they are an extremely small percentage of the population. As Jonah Goldberg says, "this is the left's way of trying to win an argument without having it at all."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”