I want to add a chapter to the Bible

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

I want to add a chapter to the Bible

Post by Thinktank »

Except for some killing and other ugly things that happen in the old testament,
I don't mind the bible at all. I actually like the book. But after all these years, I
think one new chapter needs to be added to the bible, and since I know I'm easily
the most honest and fair person on this forum - BY FAR - there's no better person to write
this new chapter than me.

Does anyone see a problem with adding a new chapter to the bible, and deleting some other
stuff that isn't that great?

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I want to add a chapter to the bible, and delete some st

Post by Thinktank »

OK.

This is the wrong forum for bible talk. Looks like no one knew that God
clearly said no one is allowed to add one word or take away one word to the bible.
If I would have added a chapter, no matter how good that chapter was, God would be mad.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
trelen

Post by trelen »

You can add a chapter or two if you want. People have been doing it for years.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

trelen wrote:You can add a chapter or two if you want. People have been doing it for years.

Yes, but you will notice that they are all dead now. Proof god got mad a smote them.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Thinktank wrote:OK.

This is the wrong forum for bible talk.

You are correct.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote:clearly said no one is allowed to add one word or take away one word to the bible.

I think that what it said was this, which is not the same thing that you're saying it says.

Even so, if I were God, I'd be a bit upset too if Thinktank's ramblings were added into any book used for spiritual guidance. Heck, even if I weren't God, and just a fan of good literature, I'd be pretty upset.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I want to add a chapter to the Bible

Post by Thinktank »

Anyway - only a pope is allowed to add or take away from the bible, I've heard.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”