Jews and Jesus

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Jews and Jesus

Post by Thinktank »

Jesus is the most important thing on earth for 1 billion people.
Or at least that's what they claim. Jesus is God.

Jesus is nothing to the Jews.

It's a good topic. Why the h_ell would certain topics be deleted and other topics allowed?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

lakevixen wrote:another more perplexing off shoot is mormons but that's a whole other thread lol. but in europe there is few different offshoots that started ways back like protestant and anglicans , i could google those definitions but anyone here give short run down ?

So... You don't really know anything about the topic or anything related to it (a topic which you yourself started and yet you can't even stay on topic) and you're too lazy to do any research on it (and even if you were so inclined, Google is the best you could come up with) and now you're asking random people to fill you in. Yeah, no wonder you're so clued out on the subject.

See my signature line if you're confused by my response. (And you probably are, you seem confused in general)
Last edited by OREZ on Jul 8th, 2015, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

You say you were reading...congrats!!!....Note to the wise....Mad Magazine is not an authority on religious history.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

lakevixen wrote: It's a very popular question. Why don't Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah? Aren't the proofs convincing?

What proofs? The Jews were waiting for their prophecy to be fulfilled, that the King of Kings would lead them in overthrowing the Roman Empire. Instead, Jesus preached peace, turning the other cheek, and “unto Caesar give Caesar his due”. That wasn’t so popular with a people oppressed waiting to get out from under the yoke of subjugation. “Next Messiah please!”
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

steven lloyd wrote:...Jesus preached peace, turning the other cheek...

Wonder why he suggested that? No one ever does it.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

steven lloyd wrote:What proofs? The Jews were waiting for their prophecy to be fulfilled, that the King of Kings would lead them in overthrowing the Roman Empire. Instead, Jesus preached peace, turning the other cheek, and “unto Caesar give Caesar his due”. That wasn’t so popular with a people oppressed waiting to get out from under the yoke of subjugation. “Next Messiah please!”

Many thousands of Jews were well ready for Christ's message and accepted it. If you'd ever studied the Bible you'd know that. It was the religious and political "leaders" which were threatened by Christ. Just like they are now.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

steven lloyd wrote:...Jesus preached peace, turning the other cheek...

Thinktank wrote:Wonder why he suggested that? No one ever does it.

Continue wondering then. It's a start.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 9th, 2015, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again without the insults.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

lakevixen wrote:it wasn't a right or wrong question , it was more of a why question

I could answer why. But on a forum with nearly 2,000 pages on two 'word game' threads,
I'm afraid answering that question about Jews and Christians would cause people to freak out.

But if people are interested in 'thinking' - I'll answer the question - why.

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Thinktank wrote:But if people are interested in 'thinking' - I'll answer the question - why.

Because, although Jesus of Nazareth may have been a real person, the divinity called Jesus Christ did not. Jesus was just another prophet at the time, a teacher. He wasn't deified until 300 some years later. Lots of people claim to study the history of the bible, but most don't have a clue because they start out with a presumption and filter out everything that doesn't support their presumption. Jesus didn't fit the Jews idea of a messiah, that is why he was rejected. The Romans invented the story in the bible to get control of the many competing religions, many of who were Christian derivatives, who were tearing the empire apart with violence. As an historical document, the bible is completely bogus, especially the NT.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

nice answer cliffy ty
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

correct me if im wrong but if the romans invented the story of jesus then why do so many folks think it is part of past reality ? i think there probably was a jesus myself to and probably was nice guy and helped the poor ,but i cant make the jump to that equaling a son of a god
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

lakevixen wrote:correct me if im wrong but if the romans invented the story of jesus then why do so many folks think it is part of past reality ? i think there probably was a jesus myself to and probably was nice guy and helped the poor ,but i cant make the jump to that equaling a son of a god

We are all children of god according to Jesus. I believe the Universe created itself. If nothing can be created out of nothing, then we are made of the same stuff that the Universe is made of, which means we have the same creative energy. We create ourselves and our personal reality within the confines of the group mind of our culture and of the human species. We have been programmed since birth (brainwashed) into thinking what we are experiencing is reality but in fact is only a program.

There have been many throughout history that have seen past the program and have been able to tweak the program: some yogis and shaman come to mind. Some of the things they did seemed miraculous to those who are stuck in the program. Jesus may have been a shaman of his time which would explain the "miraculous" things that he is supposed to have accomplished. But he was not the only one. The Romans did not create the story of Jesus. They invented the story of Christ which is a compilation of many other ancient "gods" from older cultures: Egyptians, Sumerians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Hindus. That is how the Romans were able to amalgamate all the competing religions that were tearing apart their empire.

It is no different than how the Catholic church were able to subdue the tribal Europeans and Americans. They adapted various characters from those people into their narrative: the virgin Mary was taken from the Celts Gaia, the original Santa Claus was a Russian shaman who ate amanita muscaria mushrooms and had visions (gifts) that helped his people. Once you start looking into the history of religion you begin to understand the evolution of the human mind. Natural psychedelic plants have played a major role in that evolution and why modern humans are turning away from religion and more toward a spiritual life.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

cliffy1 wrote:I believe the Universe created itself.

might as well remove the whole thing while we're at it.

*removed*
Last edited by Thinktank on Jul 11th, 2015, 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Thinktank wrote:Yabbut - you're off topic.

Not really. Jesus was a Jew, the Jews rejected him probably because he said a rich man couldn't get into heaven. You make money your god, so you are headed in the other direction.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”