Hell

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Lore
Übergod

Re: Hell

Post by Lore »

Thinktank wrote:I told you before - I'm not religious. I just can't stand anti-religious nuts any more.

Hell would be on a forum full of people who "just don't get it."

You mean who don't get YOU.
Guess your in hell then.Enjoy your stay.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There is no Heaven and there is no Hell. We are made up of billions of particles from the Cosmos and we eventually return to being billions of particles in the Cosmos. We are part of the recycling wonder and miracle of nature.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Fancy writes;

Nah - hell would be stuck with one person who keeps saying "now do you get it"?

How the hell did you meet my sister?
We're lost but we're making good time.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Being tank would be its own very bad hell.
We're lost but we're making good time.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

whatwhat wrote:The idea of Hell always confused me. I definitely am not religious, so maybe it is just my ignorance of that topic.

It always confused me that you could live the most hateful, sinister life, such as a child molester or serial murderer, and on your death bed repent and God will forgive you and to Heaven you will go. But if you live a great, caring, joyful, love filled life but did one thing wrong, like steal food because your family was starving, or loved someone of the same sex as you, that means you would go to Hell. Obviously there are really *bleep* people out there, who do horrible things that you would hope would go to Hell. But I feel that some "sins" are forgivable depending on the circumstances.

When I die, and I find out there actually is a Heaven and Hell, I guess I will probably end up in Hell. I stole a pack of candy once as a kid, and had sex before marriage, I have lied, I drink alcohol occasionally, and used to smoke weed. But I also volunteer with the homeless, work with people who have mental health illnesses, have empathy for the drug addicts, alcoholics, thieves. I hope Hell is more like a super fun party, where people can drink and openly love whoever they want because that sounds like a way better place to be then in Heaven.

Earthly deeds will not get you sent to Heaven, or to Hell. Christians believe that God can see what's in your heart, not just the things you do. And don't confuse an apology with true repentance. The meaning of the word repent is to turn away. It's a change in belief, attitude, and intention.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JayByrd wrote:Earthly deeds will not get you sent to Heaven, or to Hell. Christians believe that God can see what's in your heart, not just the things you do. And don't confuse an apology with true repentance. The meaning of the word repent is to turn away. It's a change in belief, attitude, and intention.

Like this?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Glacier wrote:[Like this?

Yes!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

When did Mideast thinking arrive in Canada ??

Have we sooped to a new highly emotionalized, theoretical low in our Canadian way of thinking ??

Is evolition no longer acceptable ??
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Donald G wrote:When did Mideast thinking arrive in Canada ??

Have we sooped to a new highly emotionalized, theoretical low in our Canadian way of thinking ??

Is evolition no longer acceptable ??

I'm not sure what you're getting at. It seems that your questions would require their own thread.

Are the posts in this forum leading you to ask those questions? Because you're not getting a very broad picture of Canada through this lens.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Donald G wrote: Is evolition no longer acceptable ??

I don't know what you're talking about, but evolution, including social and political evolution, is in fact, inevitable. As the global collective continues to communicate via social media, the reign and influence of the social and political dinosaurs will soon reach its conclusion. Humankind has an exciting future. The hell of conservatism is soon to come to its long overdue end.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

steven lloyd wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, but evolution, including social and political evolution, is in fact, inevitable. As the global collective continues to communicate via social media, the reign and influence of the social and political dinosaurs will soon reach its conclusion. Humankind has an exciting future. The hell of conservatism is soon to come to its long overdue end.

I sure hope you are right, because another 5 years of Harpo and his gang of thugs and there would be no escaping the hell that they will finish creating of what was once Canada.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Steven ...

Hang on to that mythical dream that mankind and society is evolving toward a higher state for as long as you can.

WADR it is only a dream and is not supported by history or evolution in any way, shape or form. Read the book The World in 2050 if you want a far more realistic picture of where mankind and society will be in only about 35 years unless we make some drastic changes in this generation.

Over population, starvation, disease, war for the remaining dwinding food, water and resources, mass immigration and emigration on a scale 100 times larger than present will only be some of the larger issues that the world will have to contend with in addition to vastlay changing local weather patterns.

The bottom line is that the strong will survive and the weak continue to perish, just as the world has always been.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Donald G wrote: Hang on to that mythical dream that mankind and society is evolving toward a higher state for as long as you can. WADR it is only a dream and is not supported by history or evolution in any way, shape or form. Read the book The World in 2050 if you want a far more realistic picture of where mankind and society will be in only about 35 years unless we make some drastic changes in this generation.

You need to read more books, and work harder on trying to comprehend what you read. Selecting a good variety of current research would also serve you well. As far as drastic change? Like evolution, that is inevitable. It has happened many times before (read more books) and will happen again. Don't worry, the days of conservatism are definitely (and thankfully) limited.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Donald G wrote:The bottom line is that the strong will survive and the weak continue to perish, just as the world has always been.

"Blessed are they meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
~ J.C.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Glacier ...

IMO, by the time the strong, who have won every battle for supremacy throughout our 12,000 years of recorded history, are finished with the earth even the meek will not be able to survive on it.

But I have no problem with people thinking that way as it probably makes the world a more peaceful place by offering the "have nots" a payoff "down the road" for the unacceptable lives they lead today.

The very last thing that the world is is "fair to all".

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”