Christian vs Christian.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Christian vs Christian.

Post by I Think »

In my mind;
A christian is one who follows the teachings of christ, and/or tries to become as christ like as he can.

A Christian is one who dons the mantle of christianity but is not a christian. Christians are few and far between, Christians are all around us.

Dictionaries differ, some say that Christian is pejorative, some say that it is not.
We're lost but we're making good time.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Christian vs Christian.

Post by I Think »

Heck, I thought the people who don't like to be called chr!strs would have been all over this. I guess nobody objects to my use of the word.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

I Think wrote:In my mind;
A christian is one who follows the teachings of christ, and/or tries to become as christ like as he can.

A Christian is one who dons the mantle of christianity but is not a christian. Christians are few and far between, Christians are all around us.

I agree with your assessment. I spent many years talking to people of many different religions, the majority from different Christian denominations and I found that a very small percentage actually understood the message on a heart level. Most only understood it from the ego level and those are the ones who are self righteous, bigoted twits. This is also true of other religions, to a lesser degree, except for the Muslims. I found the most tolerant, peaceful and accepting were the Baha'is.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Since no one appears to be outraged at the use of the word Christian, maybe it is not pejorative after all.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Or no one gives a *bleep* what you think.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

And sure, now that me saintly mother has passed on, it is hard to find anyone that cares.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”