Why are Christians obsessed with sex?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Why are Christians obsessed with sex?

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Regardless of what god says the secretary at the office has the right to say no >>>>
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Moodwrecker.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Not sure that the Torah actually says people should have sex every Friday, science does say that you should have sex at least once per week, so maybe it's a good idea. Nothing wrong with scheduling things like that.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

C’mon guys what’s with passing out the ammo?

Frum Satire

One man’s apikorus is another man’s talmid chochom

by Heshy Fried on November 24, 2010

http://www.frumsatire.net/2010/11/24/is ... e-mitzvah/

Commenter Batsheva sent me this question and I thought it was both funny and thought provoking enough to share here.

So here is something I’ve always wondered, but never had the guts to actually ask anyone. Maybe it’s common knowledge. I didn’t go to yeshiva, so there’s a lot I don’t know. WHY is it a mitzvah (double mitzvah, I’ve heard said) to have sex on Friday night?

. . ..
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

If time ever comes that mankind accepts that religious writings that are foundation of all world religions do not originate from any divine authority but from man and that they have been interpreted, rewritten, and applied over the ages by those in power who want to keep power and others wanting to gain power, all conversation about organized religions and their doctrines will take on a whole different dynamic.

(....and this comment is not about whether there is a God by any definition, or not)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think it must be because of all the "begetting" they are expected to do. Sex is one of the fastest ways of begetting things.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The fact that it seems accepted that Christians are permitted, if not actually expected, to be obsessed with sex must be one hell of a drawing card for the church. In addition Christians are permitted to play out their sexual obsessions while they are alive on earth while Muslims men must wait until they get to "Allahland" to carry out their sexual obsessions.

Not much on earth or in Allahland for Muslim women though. Women getting "stoned" is often mentioned though.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Must be where the TGF originated from?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”