Worst scriptures in the Bible

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Worst scriptures in the Bible

Post by Thinktank »

A rich guy asked Jesus what he should do to have eternal life.
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
- Mark 10:21

That is the worst scripture in the bible for many reasons.

- The advice to become flat broke was only intended for that one person. None of the other seven billion
people on earth would ever benefit from listening to that advice.

- I doubt there actually was a rich guy who cared what Jesus had to say. Most rich people I've seen
care only about money. They would laugh at Jesus before they would ever go away sorrowful.

- There are a billion people on earth who live on $1.00 per day. I spend twice as much on internet as these people
spend to live. That's how twisted this world is. There are a lot of really poor people on earth, so why would God
waste valuable New Testament space telling some goofball rich guy something he'll never pay attention to anyway.

- I'm so poor I only order water at restaurants. I'm so poor I read newspapers at the library. That's why I don't like a bible scripture that says it's okay to get rid of everything you own - and be poor.
If someone told a starving African they should sell everything they own it would be a criminal offense.

- And yet preachers seem to like Mark 10:21. They repeat it over and over, never stopping to think
how ridiculous it is that of seven billion people on earth, - not one would ever sell all they own and give to
the poor, and especially not a rich billionaire.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: #1 worst scripture in the Bible

Post by Thinktank »

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. - (Matthew 13:44-46)

Why that scripture is absurd - One billion people on earth live on $1.00/day. If they would attempt
to not have treasures on earth, they would die. No shovel, no plow, for example would mean no food - dead.

And for another two billion people on earth, it's also absurd to tell them not to have treasures on earth.
they're insanely poor too, even if they earn more than $1.00/day.

And the third reason that scripture is absurd - all the richer Canadians sitting in a church every Sunday
would not pay attention to any scripture that says no X-Box, no giant sized TV, no new car, no bigger house,
no second car, no Mexico vacation, and no fancy furniture.

So who exactly was Jesus talking to when he said don't store up treasures?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

just you
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

No man can serve two masters: (<--- not true) for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. - Matthew 6:24

^ That is confusing. It can really mess up the mind of a beginner Christian - really bad. I know of a few JWs who actually try
say they only want enough money for their needs. Can you think of anything more insane than only wanting a little
bit of money? The Jews would never say such a ridiculous thing. It's extremely absurd.

And the scripture is not true. Because it is possible to serve two masters. We do it all the time.

We serve God and money - ALL. THE. TIME.

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Thinktank wrote:#3

No man can serve two masters: (<--- not true) ...

So he's lying? You're saying Jesus lied?

Oh, of course - he was a jew.

...Then the very next verse he tells us not to worry.

mmmmaybe as a "Christian" you should start worrying just a little.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Matthew 6:31-33

There's another dangerous scripture. Do you see a pattern here? The bible seems to be getting the "gentiles"
to become more comfortable with the idea of being poor. The above scripture is dangerous because the last thing
you want to tell a gentile - is not to try get money.

We already go out and blow $thousands on useless crap at Christmas time.
We already spend $million on total crap at Halloween.
We waste money like crazy on the most useless crap you can imagine.
So when the bible tells us not to worry about the future ( not to save our money) that's a crime.

That's a big big crime.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Worst scriptures in the Bible

Post by Fancy »

Isn't one more important than food etc.? Don't worry about it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

#5 - There are 443 occurances of GOLD in the bible. All 443 scriptures are the worst
in my opinion because if someone were to read them all, he would become confused.
And.... most people on earth have no gold. I know I have no gold, and even less of a clue
about what God thinks about gold.

And yet, with all those bad scriptures in the bible - we can still see something about Christians
that isn't too bad. Look at these pictures.
Atheist.

^ nice Christian family. Hockey people might recognize them.

which one looks better? the Atheists? Or the Christians?

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Athiest:

Christian:
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

How about the scripture explaining how god sent a bear to eat children for laughing at a bald man? That one always cracks me up.

Or unicorns. The only "real" bible has unicorns. That has me in stitches.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Tacklewasher wrote:How about the scripture explaining how god sent a bear to eat children for laughing at a bald man? That one always cracks me up.

Or unicorns. The only "real" bible has unicorns. That has me in stitches.

Of course, everyone (except Thinktank and a few others who think the Bible was originally written in King James English) knows that that is a mistranslated.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
spiritualteachers

Post by spiritualteachers »

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

So what I gather is if your kid becomes an overweight alcoholic you should bring him to town so the city can throw rocks at him till he dies?....maybe something got lost in translation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Sam Harris highlights one of the worst scriptures in the Bible.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”