A Creator is Evident

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
zzontar
Guru

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by zzontar »

It would be interesting to see what our ancestors were shortly after the one-celled stage, e.g. we must have ancestors that were wormlike, or similar to rats.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

And maybe you are all wrong. It could have been something completely different. It could be that those pesky aliens genetically engineered us out of a more primitive species like *bleep* erectus. Or it could be that we are the fallen angels and being stuck in these meat bags of skin is punishment. i think we give ourselves too much credit for intelligence and rely to heavily on "experts" who are just as primitive as the rest of us. I really don't think we have been able to even scratch the surface of who we are and where we came from let alone where we are going. The ego is a terrible master to serve. To even think that some Omnipotent god gives a rat butt about some barbarian species inhabiting a speck of dust in an infinite sea of specks of dust is insanely delusional to say the least. I think evolutionists and creationists are equally delusional.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:That's because mitochondria DNA goes back 200,000 years to Eve while male DNA only goes back as far as Noah, a much shorter distance into the past. *stirs pot*

Or, perhaps, the DNA of a 900 year old man was too degraded to be of any use. :D
mmt

Post by mmt »

streetpreacherj wrote:Everything we look at in nature, in the universe, is an intelligent design, Created. Logical reasoning 101, there must be an all knowing Creator or God.

That's what I always agree, not about religion, the creator thing. Whatever you try to look, it's un-disagreeable. How perfectly made the birds, butterflies,flowers are and the thickness of fur/skin, metabolism of every living kind, trees, and crops that perfectly match their climate zone to help survive the living. It's just an unexplained phenomenal project. :smt045
And my question is, why?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

mmt wrote:That's what I always agree, not about religion, the creator thing. Whatever you try to look, it's un-disagreeable. How perfectly made the birds, butterflies,flowers are and the thickness of fur/skin, metabolism of every living kind, trees, and crops that perfectly match their climate zone to help survive the living. It's just an unexplained phenomenal project. :smt045
And my question is, why?

Why would a god create such beauty and summitry and then create a species so insane that it destroys the creation? Was this god just bored and in need of entertainment? Or maybe this was all just random replicating DNA? Neither answer is very satisfactory. I think the scope of our inquiry is too limited.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

zzontar wrote:If, according to many atheists, everything started from single-celled creatures, and some evolved into trees while others miraculously became animals, shouldn't there be proof that every living organism has the same ancestor?

this question is rhetorical. There is no satisfactory answer
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby zzontar » Apr 11th, 2016, 8:30 pm

It would be interesting to see what our ancestors were shortly after the one-celled stage, e.g. we must have ancestors that were wormlike, or similar to rats.

Only in recent years have we been able to see what our individual RNA and DNA ancestors may have looked like. Wonderful little "beings".
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

mmt wrote:
That's what I always agree, not about religion, the creator thing. Whatever you try to look, it's un-disagreeable. How perfectly made the birds, butterflies,flowers are and the thickness of fur/skin, metabolism of every living kind, trees, and crops that perfectly match their climate zone to help survive the living. It's just an unexplained phenomenal project. :smt045
And my question is, why?

My question is - why do people ignore all of the negative aspects of the world and just focus on how 'perfect' everything was 'made'?
Floods, earthquakes, volcanos, diseases, birth defects...wasps.
Why is 2/3 of the earth's water supply undrinkable ? That was kind of an oversight.

Crops, for the most part, are the result of human interference and manipulation....not nature.
Animals are perfectly suited to their environment due to hundreds of thousands of years of evolving what they need to survive there...that, and migration.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Yep. Random DNA reproduction with millions of jumping Genes and DNA copy mistakes and survival of the fittest leads to a plant or animal that can better survive. About 20,000 per generation over millions if not billions of years. From chemicals to amino acids to bacteria, to trillions of groups of specialized cells that became symbiotic and on to the modern human body which is still evolving.

The modern ongoing miracle ...
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

http://phys.org/news/2016-05-complex-li ... rlier.html

Life is 1.5 billion years old on earth. Tribal Near East religions disagree, of course. LOL
Poindexter
Guru

Re: A Creator is Evidentues

Post by Poindexter »

Nomaster wrote:http://phys.org/news/2016-05-complex-life-billion-years-earlier.html

Life is 1.5 billion years old on earth. Tribal Near East religions disagree, of course. LOL

The fact so little life existed for a billions years challenges the notion of intelligent design. Reason being it doesn't make sense that god would waste a billion years of his efforts and earths history on goo.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

So what? A billion years is nothing to God.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Zeus?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

The whole concept of personifying the creative energy behind the evolution of the Universe is so outdated and primitive. Why do we need to personify energy? I could understand the need in primitive peoples a few thousand years ago who had very little concept of how things work in this reality, but today it makes no sense.
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07k8lpv
Forces Of Nature with Dr. Brian Cox

Now that we have sciences, we don't need fairy tales written by primitive men.
If you take medication or need surgery, you really know prayer doesn't work.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”