Mormon Leaders now have blood on their hands

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Mormon Leaders now have blood on their hands

Post by Farmmaa »

Since the new changes to official LDS doctrine that was leaked in November regarding those with 'same sex attraction', there have been 34 suicides of young LGBT church members, the majority occurring in Utah.

34 young lives have ended as a direct result of the bigotry not only taught by, but officially endorsed by, the leadership and their so called prophet.

What was originally leaked was a change in the leadership handbook, hidden from the general membership of the church, which stated that those who are involved in same sex relationships are apostates of the church and would be excommunicated. As well, children who reside ( even part time ) with a parent who is involved in a same sex relationship can not be involved in any official church assignments or ceremonies. No baby blessings, no baptisms, no priesthood ( which isn't the same as priesthood in other religions )...until that child is 18 years of age and agrees to disavow their parents and the lifestyle they are involved in.

34 children took their lives in the past three months because of this policy...which the church leaders have now said was a direct revelation from god, therefore, can not be altered or reversed.
Sick, disgusting, bigoted cult.

Oh...but that's not all - oh no.
This week, upon hearing this news, the leadership had a PR spokesman make a statement on the matter. The crux of which is - Shame on the members for not doing more, praying more, helping more. After all, who knows what really led to these suicides - probably just a wild coincidence - because - LDS Inc supports it's poor confused, misguided gay members.
Ok...as long as they promise to never, ever, for all eternity, actually act on their same sex attraction...ever...even after they're dead. Support them because they are confused - pray for them so that they can see the light and marry someone of the opposite sex. Welcome them...unless they are actively gay - then..well...they're out.

The timing of Montgomery’s report has raised concerns in the LDS LGBT community that church leaders’ Nov. 5 announcement of new policies regarding same-sex couples and their families could have contributed to increased anxiety for some

You think ??!! This policy may have caused some anxiety ??? No, sorry...not the policy itself, simply the public announcement of it. Because - god made the policy up...not them.

You have blood on your hands Monson. You and your rich, white , hypocritical, lying bigots did this...YOU killed these young people with your hatred and intolerance.

Here is the pathetic - We mourn for the tragic loss announcement
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... unity.html

Here are direct quotes from several ex-Mormons over the church's new policy and on the leadership:

The response to LGBT suicides is utterly despicable. Stop trying to spin this as something the members are causing by not being "welcoming" enough. Stop trying to act as though you are the good guys in this situation, and that any of your platitudes are going to fix this. You are complicit in these deaths; even more, you are the root cause.

Have you ever been to a funeral for a gay Mormon kid who committed suicide? Because I have. It's been five years, and I still can't forget the uncontrollable sobbing of his little sister as his casket was wheeled down the aisle of the chapel. I can't forget how inconsolable everyone in our friend group was, how it took months for any sense of normalcy to return to our life. I can't forget the hundreds and hundreds of people who were at his funeral, all of us never the same again. And I can't forget the feeling that I had deep down that maybe he was right; maybe I should follow his example, because what else was there for gay people in the church?

So, dear newsroom, until you have similar experiences, shut the **** up. Stop touting your support for housing nondiscrimination ordinances; they don't help when people are dead. Stop telling people how great your mormonsandgays website is, when it gives no hope of a solution. Stop trying to duck responsibility. Either own up to the pain you (not the members, not the scriptures, not ex-Mormon misunderstanding, but you the leadership) are causing and state that you are willing to accept all these deaths as collateral damage, or realize that the price is too high to pay and back down. Your empty words are meaningless unless you actually do something.

I, too, have been at the funeral of a young gay man who committed suicide, and a high-profile one at that. In its wake two of his gay friends also killed themselves.
**** this evil church for spreading hate and homophobia and leaving destruction in its wake. Mormon leaders are as cold and slimy as eels and as evil as the "Satan" they supposedly believe in. May they spend a lot of time in Satan's hell. I wish I believed in such a place.

I am so sick of this passive aggressive 'we mourn with you' BULL*!
Talk is cheap you good for nothing waste of an organization...led by narcissistic, homophobic, cowardly pieces of *bleep*.
Oh, this isn't your fault? You have no blame? We can't help what Elohim chooses to be his commandments? You sympathize with those that mourn? Really?
How about getting off your Butts and actually doing something.
Why are you hiding behind some PR mouthpiece?
Get out from behind your desks....answer some questions!
Stop the rhetoric!
ONE life is too many!
They would have done it anyway??? **** you.
You don't know that!
There should be a letter read from every pulpit this sunday...lesson manuals need to be changed....now!

You don't want gays in your church? Fine....but stop telling them they are sinners! Apostates! Oaks, Uchtdorf? You are the sinners! Christofferson? You ought to be ashamed of yourself!
Maybe you can't prevent every suicide....but at least try!
I am so floored right now....you sympathize with those that mourn the loss of members of their 'counterfeit' family? Give me a break!
Bow your heads and say....**** You!

There are more...pages and pages more. Suffice it to say - this policy may well be one of the most disturbing things this cult has done for a few decades now.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Mormon Leaders now have blood on their hands

Post by JonyDarko »

Religion and blood go well together.
John-the-Ranger

Post by John-the-Ranger »

would the freemason symbols stitcht to there holy underwear concern them?
please Mormons. don't call yourself christians.
but right, your prophet atmitted that already .sorry.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JonyDarko wrote:Religion and blood go well together.

So true. That's why Mormons have higher crime rates than the general public. Hence, Utah has one of the lowest homicde rates in the USA.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I command you in the name of God (as long as my interpretation of the word of God is the one we use) to forsake your hedonistic ways and to swear on the life of your most precious that you will never succumb to these demonic and unholy urges!!

The power of Christ compels you! Oh wait, wrong ritual.

Religion in the hands of zealots is disastrous. God is supposed to be all knowing, all understanding and all loving. I don't think there's a caveat that says you are entitled to love, understanding and knowledge as long as you're not gay.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:So true. That's why Mormons have higher crime rates than the general public. Hence, Utah has one of the lowest homicde rates in the USA.

Right - because Mormons would never think to do anything illegal - like forming a militia to overtake government property .
They would never murder hundreds of men, women and children trying to cross through their land on the way to the west.
They would never have had actual blood atonement rituals in their temple ceremonies.
They would certainly never declare that anyone who married a Black should be murdered, as should any offspring of that unholy union.
They would never think of marrying more than one woman, sleeping with 14 year old girls or marrying other men's wives after sending the men off on missions.
Oh...wait.

Utah also happens to have the highest rate of depression in the US.
Not hard to figure out why.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

No one said anywhere Mormons don't murder, cheat, and steal. Let's not get silly with strawmen. There is some link between Mormonism and polygamy, but linking religion and blood is just silly. If there were a causational relationship the Amish would be the world's number one killers.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:No one said anywhere Mormons don't murder, cheat, and steal. Let's not get silly with strawmen. There is some link between Mormonism and polygamy, but linking religion and blood is just silly. If there were a causational relationship the Amish would be the world's number one killers.

I was simply responding to your post, insinuating that Mormons don't commit serious crimes.
The history of the LDS church is full of criminal activity.

LOl. Some link between Mormonism and polygamy ? It's what the church was founded on....a bit more than some link I'd say.

I also never linked the church with blood - but it is their bigotry which is directly responsible for young members taking their own lives...which indeed leaves blood on their hands.
They didn't murder them in cold blood, but it was a direct result of their actions that caused these deaths.

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly defend such hatred, bigotry and segregation in this world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Farmmaa wrote:I was simply responding to your post, insinuating that Mormons don't commit serious crimes.

I never insinuating anything like this. Thinktank, is this your new name?
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:So true. That's why Mormons have higher crime rates than the general public. Hence, Utah has one of the lowest homicde rates in the USA.

Perhaps you can explain exactly what it is that you were trying to insinuate then?
If your intent was not sarcasm, then I honestly don't understand what you were trying to say
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Farmmaa wrote:Perhaps you can explain exactly what it is that you were trying to insinuate then?
If your intent was not sarcasm, then I honestly don't understand what you were trying to say

That Mormons are no more likely than anyone else to commit bloody acts.
- Douglas Murray
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I think jonydarko was just being cynical, I don't think his remark was meant to stand up to critical analysis.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JayByrd wrote:I think jonydarko was just being cynical, I don't think his remark was meant to stand up to critical analysis.

Fair enough. I can be cynical too... all in good fun of course.

- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

All in good fun is good - sometimes.
Personally, I don't think it pertains to a thread about young people killing themselves because of the prejudice and bigotry in the church they were raised in.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”