One Truth Towers Above All!!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Jamz

One Truth Towers Above All!!

Post by Jamz »

Here's something I've thought and felt for many years.

I think there is one Truth in the world that towers above all others by far and that truth is simply the inner power of the Soul. It is in awareness of this universal treasure in which the entire world could become one. And honestly you can see it in a person's eyes. So I can only conclude that at least 90% of the world's population simply aren't aware of it. But imagine, no amount money, no social position, no country, culture or language can exclude one from this divine inheritance. That is Soul Vision and we are equally blessed in this way.

I think of life not as a game of material success, (which is an obstacle and distraction like appetites), but the great puzzle in which pieces are put together and remembered, through feeling, intuition, dreams and visions to create the whole picture of the true meaning of life, and true purpose, our spiritual selves, cosmic rays of divinity. Time to fly!

Here's the "Soul Story" that came to be back in 1996: http://www.bondaygee.com/soul-stories/3 ... mes-purdie

Does it resonate with you as well. These days I love The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, translated by Charles Johnston. It's written from a Christian perspective actually. I find it connect and fits very well with what I've learned. https://librivox.org/yoga-sutras-of-pat ... patanjali/

Cheers!

James
atenbacon
Übergod

Re: One Truth Towers Above All!!

Post by atenbacon »

My one truth that towers above all else is that Bacon is yummy. But hey.. Yoga looks cool too.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

atenbacon wrote:My one truth that towers above all else is that Bacon is yummy. But hey.. Yoga looks cool too.

It is yummy as yoga is for the tummy..hahaha.

Yoga is great. I had tried twice prior, but the third was a charm. And it really started with a meaningful body health change, then sudden increased intuitive awareness, meaningful dreams and bang...I found the yoga wisdom books and realized....."hey....I learned this stuff in my Counselling/Soul/Art Psychology stuff years before!" That was a great connection. It is universal. Soul is the underlying phenomenon of all spiritual practice whether people realize it or not. Hopefully they do soon and we call all be as one like John Lennon said.
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

The other thing I wanted to add which is amazing about yoga and general soul-wisdom is this feeling of physical connection. And by that I mean an actual physical connection that you can often feel with other people who have advanced along this path and made certain realizations. This chi energy sensation seems to act like something of a radar and can actually detect other people. It can do a lot more than that.

Anyways the point I want to make here is that religion and spirituality have a physical element you are supposed to experience. You can feel it touch you, well up in the solar plexus. Some call it Chi, Chakras, the energy, Gi, Qi, etc. It comes in powerful dreams, visions and intuitions as well as feelings. So I think that's how you know it works. And that it's not simply a mental idea. It's something beyond mentalization, more like the feeling when you get the spirit of some great song you love.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Jamz, you need to do a little research as to where your yoga religion comes from.......
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here is a start.....

Helena Blavatsky And the Theosophical Society

Today, we associate the new age movement with a whole host of alternative beliefs and practices. Yoga, meditation, crystals, spiritual healing, channeling. The list is endless. Where did the practice of these beliefs then, have their origins? In the west, we have been immersed in Christianity for hundreds of years, the indigenous religions of the celts druids and pagans being replaced and often subsumed by a rampant Christian religion, spreading its tentacles from its centre Rome across Europe in all directions.

http://www.thenewagewebsite.com/beginni ... sophy.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

averagejoe wrote:Jamz, you need to do a little research as to where your yoga religion comes from.......

What you list down below isn't new to me at all. But for that matter, who isn't learning everyday? Connections open ever day!

I have taken Origins of Christianity, I have read the Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels and the Nag Hammadi Scrolls, I have taken history of Psychology, etc.

That doesn't change the fact that sooner or later people realize spirituality and soul is a Universal phenomenon which is supposed underlay all religion and usually often the products of creative genius as well! This is how we become connected.

Where are your creative products and or evidence to back your statements? The way I see it, when we have profound religious or spiritual experiences, we don't usually have physical, material objects or mementos to show for it, but often deep, creative works emerge from it, allegories, parables, and wisdom stories, testaments of that which has been experienced, full of numinous energy, great for meditation!

The Yoga Sutras of Patanajli I consider to be one of the best miniature psychology and soul development texts I've ever seen. The stories of Christianity are inspiring, but they seem to lack a methodology on soul growth, "the instructional booklet".

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”