Mr. Carlin and God warning NFWS language

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Mr. Carlin and God warning NFWS language

Post by Gixxer »

That's a separate issue, you're making a fuss about people making fun of the silliness of Christianity, and trying to compare it to racism.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Gixxer wrote:That's a separate issue, you're making a fuss about people making fun of the silliness of Christianity, and trying to compare it to racism.

That's right. I'd say people people react to both about evenly. You're trying to compare it to what make of car you drive, again unless you know of Subaru suicide-bombers, it's your comparison that's way off.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

zzontar wrote:
That's right. I'd say people people react to both about evenly. You're trying to compare it to what make of car you drive, again unless you know of Subaru suicide-bombers, it's your comparison that's way off.

Religion is a choice, you can choose whatever religion you want to believe in, the same way you can choose what brand of car you drive. As for the Subaru suicide bomber what's your point, is this your way of deflecting the topic to Muslim extremists?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Gixxer wrote:Religion is a choice, you can choose whatever religion you want to believe in, the same way you can choose what brand of car you drive. As for the Subaru suicide bomber what's your point, is this your way of deflecting the topic to Muslim extremists?

I'll try one more time. People get killed for drawing cartoons mocking religion. No one has been killed for having a Calvin cartoon peeing on the symbol of another car. If you can't tell how one is taken more seriously than the other, that's a big problem you have.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

zzontar wrote:
I'll try one more time. People get killed for drawing cartoons mocking religion. No one has been killed for having a Calvin cartoon peeing on the symbol of another car. If you can't tell how one is taken more seriously than the other, that's a big problem you have.

Again that's a separate issue. You complained that making fun of Christianity is the same as racism which it's not.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Gixxer wrote:Again that's a separate issue. You complained that making fun of Christianity is the same as racism which it's not.

Here's exactly what I said:
I'd say people people react to both about evenly.
... see, I didn't say they were the same... more like people might react the same, which is quite different than how people react to mocking one's choice of automobile.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You can make jokes about Christians because they can handle it. Same goes for French jokes. You can't, however, make jokes about those who are perceived to have thin skins (from our condescending white guilt perspective).

Last edited by Glacier on Apr 13th, 2016, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Favourite Atheist humour -Dave Allen, Billy Connolly, Tim Minchin, Eddie Izzard, the Monty Python boys, David Cross, Ricky Gervais, Jim Jeffries, Seth MacFarlin (spelling?), Bill Maher, Patton Oswalt.

Oh, sky cake,why are you so delicious?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”