Christ the Lord Has Risen Today!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Re: Christ the Lord Has Risen Today!

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Glacier wrote:Those are the states with high black populations. Are you saying that there must be something wrong with black people to cause such obesity?

Yeah, that's not racism at all.

Tell me Glacier, the study concluded with "Summary - Black People are fat."
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Come on, man. Do you known about sarcasm? But just for fun, I will Google for you the results you want to see. Oh, here you go.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155735/black ... least.aspx
http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/ad ... ate-by-re/

Well that was easy. Back on topic, did you actually read the article I posted that debunks your claims?

BTW, are you willing to admit that you were making a false statement about linking Buddha to immaculate Conception? I have heard atheists state in the past they atheists are the first people who are willing to admit that they are wrong, but it seems that the online ones on Castanet are the least likely folks to do so. There is no shame in admitting you were wrong. Being wrong is one way we learn and progress toward truth. I've been wrong many times before, and will be in the future. We all have, but only the true grown-ups have the gonads to admit it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

OREZ wrote:Not that it matters, but I wonder why a few people now have assumed that healtyskeptic is a guy.

I know it's off topic but hey, most of the stuff she... uhm, he(?) posts is off topic too.

"Christ The Lord Has Risen Today" = Christians are fat and atheists aren't. yyyyeah, okay. :138:

Healthyskeptic wrote:Please provide the quote where I stated "Atheists aren't fat."

My, you Christians like to misrepresent things.

My point is that as usual you are wildly off topic.

These religion forums have topics, you know? They're not just there for you to express your hate. It's very tiresome.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

im·mac·u·late- free from flaws or mistakes; perfect.
synonyms: unblemished, spotless, impeccable, unsullied, undefiled, untarnished...

Re: Prince Siddhartha's birth. Aka Buddha's Birth Story.

Yup, a baby conceived by Dream Elephant Tusk and not by naughty, carnal sex can't be called ' Immaculately Conceived .'

There are rules. Rule #1 for Christians?
Lie for Jesus.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You can claim all you want that Buddha's daddy was an elephant tusk, but that is not Immaculate Conception. Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with how Jesus was conceived, but rather how Mary, his mother, was conceived. UNBLEMISHED from Original Sin, not unblemished from physical intimacy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Stated by Healthy Skeptic:

"If you look at US statistics on obesity you'll see where weight/ ill health/ lack of access to any healthcare is concentrated.

It's in the fat and Christian states of the south, south east."

Bigotry much?

Do you also believe that most gays live in cities and especially ones like San Francisco and New York? Do you believe the homosexual men are all hairdressers or ballerinas? Wearing pink tutus?

AND are you going to run to the mods now and claim victimhood and/or bigotry, when you have made it your mission to exhibit bigotry towards Christians? Simply because of their faith? What makes you different than ISIS?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Back on topic please. Thanks.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Proof that Mary was not conceived in the normal way or that she had no 'sin stains from Eve', please.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/ ... tion-Jesus

<snip>
"The women are at a loss, stymied, filled with perplexity. Their quandary is broken by the appearance of two men in clothes that gleamed, a description that suggests Luke means angels. Heavenly appearances are often bright (9:29; 10:18; Acts 9:3; 22:6). Any doubt that Luke means they are angels is removed in verse 23. The presence of the pair may invoke the "two witnesses" theme of the Old Testament (Deut 19:15). Luke's noting of two angels corresponds with John 20:12, while Matthew 28:2-4 and Mark 16:5 mention only one figure. The angelic appearance frightens the women, who bow to the ground in reverence. They know heaven is visiting the earth (Dillon 1978:26-27). The reason becomes clear in the angels' response.

It begins with a mild rebuke that is also an explanation: "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" Put simply, Jesus is alive, so do not expect to find him in a tomb. Then the angels ask them to recall the promise he made to them in Galilee. "Remember how he told you, . . . `The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again' " (9:22; 18:32-33). God is not surprised at Jesus' resurrection, and neither should they be surprised. Jesus' authority is summarized in the crucial Son of Man title. Here is a man who bears the authority of deity, through judgment given over to him by the Ancient of Days (Dan 7:13-14). Luke 22:69 is coming to pass. In fact, the key term dei ("it is necessary") is used here to express the idea of divine design. God, the great cosmic director, has orchestrated what took place here (compare Acts 2:22-24). From the arrest through the death to the resurrection, Jesus walked in God's will. The women need not have wasted their money on the spices to preserve Jesus' body; God has taken care of it and has been in control all along." <snip>

More at Link
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

The napkin religion is the one true religion. It says so on the napkin.

The level of evidence for Christians.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Healthyskeptic wrote:The napkin religion is the one true religion. It says so on the napkin.

The level of evidence for Christians.

What do you have to say about the resurrection of Christ, as that is the topic.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Healthyskeptic wrote:Proof that Mary was not conceived in the normal way or that she had no 'sin stains from Eve', please.

There is none, but that's what Catholics claim with Immaculate Conception. Whether it is true or not is immaterial to the fact that you claimed that Buddha was conceived in the same way, though perhaps you meant miraculous conception, not Immaculate Conception since you seem to be saying that Buddha's dad was an elephant tusk, which isn't exactly true, but hey close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades, and hatetheists.
- Douglas Murray
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

"THE ICON OF CHRIST'S RESURRECTION"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d6Bn6Kqzgg

Published on Apr 19, 2014

The Icon of the Resurrection depicts the most important moment in the history of time!
When the uncreated God pulled us out of our fallen state of death and brought us in to ever lasting light.
Enjoy!
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 26th, 2016, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”