So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
pepsilover
Übergod

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Yes, of course, you have me all figured out and you know exactly what I think and feel.

And yes, it's exactly the same thing, because as we all know, terrorist attacks like 911, Paris, Brussels were all simply attacks on Christians. They weren't politically motivated at all. I mean, after all, these attacks did not occur in public places which were frequented by a large mix of people from different races, cultures and religions. The targets were clearly Christian gathering spots and places of worship.

If it's good enough for John Kerry, it's good enough for me. Google GENOCIDE and then apologize.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2583443/islam ... ohn-kerry/

AND

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... -iraq.html

"“We know that in areas under its control, [ISIS] has made a systematic effort to destroy the cultural heritage of ancient communities—destroying Armenian, Syrian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic churches; blowing up monasteries and the tombs of prophets; desecrating cemeteries,” said Kerry. “ … We know that [ISIS] has threatened Christians by saying that it will, quote, ‘conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women.’”

more at link
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Yes, of course, you have me all figured out and you know exactly what I think and feel.

And yes, it's exactly the same thing, because as we all know, terrorist attacks like 911, Paris, Brussels were all simply attacks on Christians. They weren't politically motivated at all. I mean, after all, these attacks did not occur in public places which were frequented by a large mix of people from different races, cultures and religions. The targets were clearly Christian gathering spots and places of worship.

Here's a parallel you will understand, because it's been used hundreds of times by people such as yourself in debates of this nature. If the time period was 1939 - 1945 and Hitler was busy rounding up the Jews for genocide in the ovens etc., and somebody wrote an article in a newspaper whose title was "So Much for the Whole Jew Persecution Theory" and then went on to describe how gypsies, homosexuals etc. were also murdered by the Nazis, what would you think of that?

This makes you freakishly close to the 'there was no holocaust' bunch. No JEWISH holocaust anyways. Is that what you believe?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

moses.jpg
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

http://time.com/4268579/brussels-attack ... rism-isis/
Hhmm...no mention of targeting Christians.

http://www.ibtimes.com/indonesia-terror ... ta-2265736
A Muslim country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/swede ... lm-n562811
Sweden - a country where 8 out of 10 people are considered either non-religious or atheist.

Your accusations about the holocaust do not deserve a response.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Young atheist in Yemen kidnapped from his home and shot for what were considered blasphemous comments on FB

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... m=facebook
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:http://time.com/4268579/brussels-attacks-islamist-terrorism-isis/
Hhmm...no mention of targeting Christians.

http://www.ibtimes.com/indonesia-terror ... ta-2265736
A Muslim country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/swede ... lm-n562811
Sweden - a country where 8 out of 10 people are considered either non-religious or atheist.

Your accusations about the holocaust do not deserve a response.

And why is that? You don't back up what you post? You coined the title, and it speaks volumes. You won't reply to it because you don't want to be labelled an 'anti-semite', but it's ok to be anti-Christian. Gotcha.

"Here's a parallel you will understand, because it's been used hundreds of times by people such as yourself in debates of this nature. If the time period was 1939 - 1945 and Hitler was busy rounding up the Jews for genocide in the ovens etc., and somebody wrote an article in a newspaper whose title was "So Much for the Whole Jew Persecution Theory" and then went on to describe how gypsies, homosexuals etc. were also murdered by the Nazis, what would you think of that?"
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Christians are NOT being rounded up by the tens of thousands and executed.
This is NOT a holocaust. It is NOT an attack against one group.
This is not a parallel to Nazi Germany and concentration camps in any way, shape or form.
ISIS is NOT targeting Christians....for at least tenth time now- they are targeting ANYONE who does not follow their extremist religious and political agenda.
ISIS is terrorizing everyone in the world who does not agree with them, or who refuse to join them.

YOU are the only one making anything a Christian issue.
YOU are the only one who has this crazy idea in your head that Atheists hate Christians...it simply is not true...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of responding to your accusations over and over again, only to have you respond with the exact same comments.

You still have never answered the many times you have been asked exactly where you get this idea that Atheists defend every other religion but Christianity.
Atheists , in general, have nothing against people of any race, religion or culture....it is simply religious gods that we don't believe in...any gods...not just yours.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Farmmaa wrote:You still have never answered the many times you have been asked exactly where you get this idea that Atheists defend every other religion but Christianity.

There are MANY examples of this. They are called regressive leftists. To be fair the smart atheists are calling them out on their B.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNv75ARwWU
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:There are MANY examples of this. They are called regressive leftists. To be fair the smart atheists are calling them out on their B.S.

There are also MANY examples of completely insane zealot Christians and fundamentalists out there - and yet, I have not seen the atheists here accuse the religious posters of the same tactics - because people are individuals.
Are there one of two Kim Davis type wacko posters here ? Absolutely - but....I still have not seen anyone classify all, or even most Christians as such.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Why are you changing the subject? You asked and the poster gave a link. Apparently this is a waste of peoples' time to try and discuss anything with you.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Christians are NOT being rounded up by the tens of thousands and executed.
This is NOT a holocaust. It is NOT an attack against one group.
This is not a parallel to Nazi Germany and concentration camps in any way, shape or form.
ISIS is NOT targeting Christians....for at least tenth time now- they are targeting ANYONE who does not follow their extremist religious and political agenda.
ISIS is terrorizing everyone in the world who does not agree with them, or who refuse to join them.

YOU are the only one making anything a Christian issue.
YOU are the only one who has this crazy idea in your head that Atheists hate Christians...it simply is not true...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of responding to your accusations over and over again, only to have you respond with the exact same comments.

You still have never answered the many times you have been asked exactly where you get this idea that Atheists defend every other religion but Christianity.
Atheists , in general, have nothing against people of any race, religion or culture....it is simply religious gods that we don't believe in...any gods...not just yours.

Make up your mind. On the one hand you scream and shout 'ISIS ISN'T TARGETING CHRISTIANS' yet in other posts you admit that indeed Christians 'make up part of' who you deem is being targeted.

Get over it. Research what has happened in Iraq and Syria at the hands of ISIS. Research why GENOCIDE is being claimed against Christians. Do it, so that you will at least look 'kind of' informed because yes, you do come across as hateful when you are ignorant of the obvious facts and post titles such as you did that are PERECTLY PARALLELED TO THE JEWS just prior to WWII. Check yourself.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Glacier wrote:There are MANY examples of this. They are called regressive leftists. To be fair the smart atheists are calling them out on their B.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNv75ARwWU

Indeed, I've been saying for a few years now that atheists and muslims are natural allies (the ones who hate Christians anyways). The repercussions of that could be interesting to say the least.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

pepsilover wrote:
Indeed, I've been saying for a few years now that atheists and muslims are natural allies (the ones who hate Christians anyways). The repercussions of that could be interesting to say the least.

Wow.
You are truly unbelievable.

You really don't listen to a thing people say do you ?
I'm not sure how many times the atheists and non-believers here have stated very clearly that none of us hate Christians...but you just keep going on and on and on about it in almost every post.

BTW - I was not asking glacier to answer...I asked you, because you are the one who is continually making these accusations.
Where is your proof that the atheists here are anti Christians and defend all other religions ?

I also did not change the subject.
Saying that yes, i'm sure some Christians have been injured and killed in ISIS attacks most certainly is NOT the same AS your claims that this is a genocide against Christians. It is not.
Try really hard to drop the whole everyone is mean to us Christians game and really look at the situation.
It is ( in their minds ) ISIS against the rest of the world.
They don't discriminate....they don't care if you are a Christian, an Atheist, a Jew , a Muslim, a Scientologist or a Pastafarian - if you do not agree with their radical Islamic law - you will be targeted.
They do not care about anyone's faith or lack thereof....if you don't agree with them, if you won't join their fight, or if you try to stop them....you will be their next target.

It really, really is not difficult to understand.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Farmmaa wrote:I'm not sure how many times the atheists and non-believers here have stated very clearly that none of us hate Christians...but you just keep going on and on and on about it in almost every post.

Kind of like going on about hating everything about gay lifestyles but saying you don't hate gays.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

zzontar wrote:
Kind of like going on about hating everything about gay lifestyles but saying you don't hate gays.

Excuse me ?
Who exactly is going on about hating gay lifestyles ( whatever a 'gay lifestyle' is supposed to be ) ?? :200:

Pretty darned sure that the vast majority of prejudice and hate towards homosexuality comes from religious folks....although it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic, or even this forum.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”