A Secular Jew Comes to Faith in Christ

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: A Secular Jew Comes to Faith in Christ

Post by Glacier »

rustled wrote:Which is why I will decline your most recent invitation to debate.
Debate? Heck no! Discussions are better!

I did not post what I believe. I posted the first link that came up. I would love to hear other explanations since I don't know what to believe on this subject, and would love to hear better explanations. It's sad to think that you'd let that one stand as the default when you could come up with a better one. Hearing different perspectives is how I learn, and I would assume it's how you learn too.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: A Secular Jew Comes to Faith in Christ

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:Which is why I will decline your most recent invitation to debate.
Glacier wrote:Debate? Heck no! Discussions are better!

I did not post what I believe. I posted the first link that came up. I would love to hear other explanations since I don't know what to believe on this subject, and would love to hear better explanations. It's sad to think that you'd let that one stand as the default when you could come up with a better one. Hearing different perspectives is how I learn, and I would assume it's how you learn too.

(Sorry about the edit after your post. Yes, that was in my post when I posted it. I hadn't yet seen your latest, and was responding to your edit while I was writing my post. Need head-exploding smiley here.)

Well, Glacier, it seems to me that you are far more interested in debate, but there I go, presuming that's your preference. FWIW, I am basing it on how you respond to my posts, and others', so in the interests of self-examination and learning, you may want to think about how "let that one stand as the default when you could come up with a better one" sounds. More like point-scoring than true introspection. But hey, maybe that's not how you mean to sound. After all, I don't know you any better than you know me.
:130:
But enough about us.

Now, what was your topic again?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”