The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 6th, 2017, 9:17 am

Well isn't this very interesting....how all the St. Michael's sanctuaries line up perfectly from Mount Carmel Monastery, in Haifa to Ireland....Incredible!

7 Sanctuaries linked by a straight line: The legendary Sword of St. Michael

Image

According to legend, the line represents the blow with which St. Michael sent the devil to hell.

A mysterious imaginary line links seven monasteries, from Ireland to Israel. Is it just a coincidence? These seven sanctuaries are very far from each other, and yet they are perfectly aligned (siviaggia.it).

The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel represents, according to legend, the blow the Saint inflicted the Devil, sending him to hell.

It is surprising how well these sanctuaries are, in fact, aligned. But the details of such alignment are also astonishing: the three most important sites, Mont Saint Michel in France; the Sacra of San Miguel in Val de Susa; and the Sanctuary of Monte Sant’Angelo in the Gargano are all the same distance one from the other. Some say this is a reminder from the Holy Archangel: the faithful are expected to be righteous, walking the straight path.

If all this was not surprising enough, the Sacred Line also is perfectly aligned with the sunset on the day of the Northern Hemisphere’s Summer Solstice.

https://aleteia.org/2017/05/31/7-sanctu ... t-michael/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby gman313 » Jun 14th, 2017, 4:00 pm

yep draw the circles big enough and you can make them line up

the earth is round, map them on a globe they don't line up

and non of this is real
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2475
Likes: 979 posts
Liked in: 1066 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 14th, 2017, 10:42 pm

gman313 wrote:yep draw the circles big enough and you can make them line up

the earth is round, map them on a globe they don't line up

and non of this is real


Use smaller circles then and see if they line up properly.... :D
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

gman313 likes this post.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby LANDM » Jun 15th, 2017, 5:14 am

It is simply the most well known of the religious Ley Lines.

"Ley lines /leɪ laɪnz/ are apparent alignments of land forms, places of ancient religious significance or culture, often including man-made structures. They are ancient, straight 'paths' or routes in the landscape which are believed to have spiritual significance."

There is another St Michaels Ley Line, the St Michaels Alignment in Britain that includes many more than this.

There are also Ley lines that connect Woolworth stores in England. Really spooky.....not.

Start at St Michaels cathedral in Kelowna and start drawing lines.....I bet you will intersect other St Michael sites too.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5899
Likes: 1530 posts
Liked in: 2990 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby gman313 » Jun 15th, 2017, 8:22 am

LANDM wrote:It is simply the most well known of the religious Ley Lines.

"Ley lines /leɪ laɪnz/ are apparent alignments of land forms, places of ancient religious significance or culture, often including man-made structures. They are ancient, straight 'paths' or routes in the landscape which are believed to have spiritual significance."

There is another St Michaels Ley Line, the St Michaels Alignment in Britain that includes many more than this.

There are also Ley lines that connect Woolworth stores in England. Really spooky.....not.

Start at St Michaels cathedral in Kelowna and start drawing lines.....I bet you will intersect other St Michael sites too.


I can connect any two points on earth on a flat map with a straight line. i'm still not convinced. and the earth is round

someone explain this to me
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2475
Likes: 979 posts
Liked in: 1066 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 15th, 2017, 11:59 am

gman313 wrote:I can connect any two points on earth on a flat map with a straight line.


Ok! I challenge you to line 7 same named places in a straight line in the world like the Sword of St. Michael.....

Should be pretty easy.... :135:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby LANDM » Jun 15th, 2017, 9:40 pm

averagejoe wrote:
gman313 wrote:I can connect any two points on earth on a flat map with a straight line.


Ok! I challenge you to line 7 same named places in a straight line in the world like the Sword of St. Michael.....

Should be pretty easy.... :135:

I already named one that has far more than that.
See above.
And they aren't the same name. They are named for Michael. Like the other one.
Or for Woolworths......
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5899
Likes: 1530 posts
Liked in: 2990 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby neilsimon » Jun 16th, 2017, 12:08 am

I suspect that if you plotted all of the religious structures dedicated to Saint Michael on a map of Europe, you would be able to string together quite a few lines and maybe even use certain ones to join the dots and spell a word. Europe is so densely populated with religious sites that this kind of stuff is childsplay if you have a few weeks to do it.
Were this actually a result of divine intervention, I would expect the line to be such that it goes through the centre of each structure with sub-atomic precision. That would be trivial for God to do.
User avatar
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 852
Likes: 434 posts
Liked in: 766 posts
Joined: Aug 13th, 2015, 7:35 am

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby LANDM » Jun 16th, 2017, 5:33 am

neilsimon wrote:I suspect that if you plotted all of the religious structures dedicated to Saint Michael on a map of Europe, you would be able to string together quite a few lines and maybe even use certain ones to join the dots and spell a word. Europe is so densely populated with religious sites that this kind of stuff is childsplay if you have a few weeks to do it.
Were this actually a result of divine intervention, I would expect the line to be such that it goes through the centre of each structure with sub-atomic precision. That would be trivial for God to do.

Precisely.

I bet one could actually spell the word "GOD" with lines and curves which intersect Michael-dedicated structures in Britain, given enough wasted time and effort. Actually, one could do it pretty quickly probably.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5899
Likes: 1530 posts
Liked in: 2990 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 16th, 2017, 6:43 am

Image

Here is the St. Michael or St. Mary's Line. This would intersect with the Sword of St. Michael at St. Michael's Mound at Penzance harbour.

at least 4 St. Michael's name are on this line.

1) St. Michael's Mound

2) St. Michael's Brenfor

3) Creech St. Michael

4) The ancient St. Michael's Church on top of the Tor at Glastobury

Mary, Mother of Jesus is said to be buried along with her Uncle Joseph of Arimathea at the Glastonbury Abbey.

That's a possibly why it is also call the St. Mary Line
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby LANDM » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:15 am

averagejoe wrote:
Here is the St. Michael or St. Mary's Line. This would intersect with the Sword of St. Michael at St. Michael's Mound at Penzance harbour.

at least 4 St. Michael's name are on this line.

1) St. Michael's Mound

2) St. Michael's Brenfor

3) Creech St. Michael

4) The ancient St. Michael's Church on top of the Tor at Glastobury

Mary, Mother of Jesus is said to be buried along with her Uncle Joseph of Arimathea at the Glastonbury Abbey.

That's a possibly why it is also call the St. Mary Line

I'm not aware of it being widely said that Mary is buried at Glastonbury. It may be said.....I don't know who has said it, but it is not a widely held belief.

Edited to add that I found the references. Scholars do not appear to agree with this "legend". Seems more like a marketing tool for the Abbey.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5899
Likes: 1530 posts
Liked in: 2990 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:36 am

As legend goes, she is buried in the St. Mary's Chapel part of the Glastonbury Abbey which for approx. 1,500 years was one of the most Holy places in Europe. Many from the day that Joseph of Armithea, Mary and others arrived in Glastonbury 3 years after the Passion of Christ in 36 AD and still to this day pilgrimage to Glastonbury....

Here is a start about the Legend's of Glastonbury....

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55732&hilit=glastonbury
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:37 am

LANDM wrote:Edited to add that I found the references. Scholars do not appear to agree with this "legend". Seems more like a marketing tool for the Abbey.


Really? Your kidding right?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:46 am

If you connect all of the houses on my street, (8 of them side by side), you'd get a straight line. I'm not aware of anyone named Michael living in them, but I'm quite sure there have been visitors by that name. Or maybe some of the trades people who built the houses were named Michael. Anyhow, I'll call this amazingly straight line a spear. It's obviously gods work. Show me another street in which the many made structures could follow a straight line.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 697
Likes: 186 posts
Liked in: 421 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: The Sacred Line of Saint Michael the Archangel

Postby averagejoe » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:51 am

12 hides of land given to Joseph of Arimathea is recorded in the ancient British history book called the DomesDay book.

Oral, and later written, traditions tell that Joseph of Arimathea came to Cornwall to trade with tin miners and to the Mendips for lead, some versions asserting that Jesus visited with his great-uncle. Then in ad 63 Joseph returned with 11 followers and, granted 12 hides of land by King Arviragus, built a wattle and daub church in Glastonbury—the first Christian church in Britain. The site of the Vetusta Ecclesia, or Old Church, is now occupied by remains of the Lady Chapel that was built following a well-documented fire in 1184.

https://britishheritage.com/mists-over-glastonbury/


Introduction:

The Domesday Book - compiled in 1085-6 - is one of the few historical records whose name is familiar to most people in this country. It is our earliest public record, the foundation document of the national archives and a legal document that is still valid as evidence of title to land.

Based on the Domesday survey of 1085-6, which was drawn up on the orders of King William I, it describes in remarkable detail, the landholdings and resources of late 11th-century England, demonstrating the power of the government machine in the first century of the new Millennium, and its deep thirst for information.

It was an exercise unparalleled in contemporary Europe, and was not matched in its comprehensive coverage of the country until the population censuses of the 19th century - although Domesday itself is not a full population census, and the names that appear in it are mainly only those of people who owned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/no ... y_01.shtml
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11575
Likes: 2505 posts
Liked in: 1897 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests