'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: 'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees

Post by Hmmm »

Opeeved wrote:Well, if you read all my posts here it might give you a clue. Nope, not interested in running to Google. I neither have to back myself nor prove myself, just like you don't.

You can believe your book written by man. I simply don't.

As for an example of predictable metaphor prophecy, here's a choice one- apple doesnt fall far from the tree. True then as it is now, only several hundred thousand years in the making.

I think that you really have no knowledge of things you think you understand. What you are saying is typical rhetoric and is not based on any facts. The Bible is full of prophecies thats a fact. People may or not not believe they are from God and that I understand. But to say they spring from where you say they did, is just not even close. Its clear you are criticizing from the sidelines and have not actually EVER read them or know of even one example to back up your statement.

You sound like someone going to a car lot and arguing about the merits of the car models but actually doesn't know anything about cars, The car guys at the lot you are arguing with know very well you have no clue.

This is where you are at. And this is also why I usually avoid this mess in the forum area, its full of know everything repeaters that have not actually EVER READ THE BIBLE.

Prove me wrong; Please give one example to back up your statement. You don't have to go into detail, just name the prophecy and maybe where it can be found in the Bible.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Hmmm wrote:
Opeeved wrote:Well, if you read all my posts here it might give you a clue. Nope, not interested in running to Google. I neither have to back myself nor prove myself, just like you don't.

You can believe your book written by man. I simply don't.

As for an example of predictable metaphor prophecy, here's a choice one- apple doesnt fall far from the tree. True then as it is now, only several hundred thousand years in the making.

I think that you really have no knowledge of things you think you understand. What you are saying is typical rhetoric and is not based on any facts. The Bible is full of prophecies thats a fact. People may or not not believe they are from God and that I understand. But to say they spring from where you say they did, is just not even close. Its clear you are criticizing from the sidelines and have not actually EVER read them or know of even one example to back up your statement.

You sound like someone going to a car lot and arguing about the merits of the car models but actually doesn't know anything about cars, The car guys at the lot you are arguing with know very well you have no clue.

This is where you are at. And this is also why I usually avoid this mess in the forum area, its full of know everything repeaters that have not actually EVER READ THE BIBLE.

Prove me wrong; Please give one example to back up your statement. You don't have to go into detail, just name the prophecy and maybe where it can be found in the Bible.

What do you want me to say and why do I have to prove you wrong. You've clearly not read a thing I've said in this thread, more like in arrogance you feel a need validate your own beliefs in attacking me personally. Want the truth? I believe you have an imaginary friend that keeps you warm. Maybe I'm ignorant, but that's my right. If you said I'm wrong, fine.

I clearly stated I have no answers. Neither do you.

I don't need to fully read works of fiction to define my place in the cosmos.

So, why did you venture in this thread then if you rarely do here? To kick my tires to make yourself feel better?

I've said why I believe the way I do.

The onus is on you to prove me wrong, since you haven't spoken about the thread topic and chose me as your scape goat.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I'm not trying to attack you. I'm nearly defending the Bible from the standard unmerited criticism. You are the one who said it's prophecies can easily be said based on observing human behaviour. That statement is clearly wrong and baseless. At least it is to all those who have actually read the book. When you make such statements you should expect rebuttals and be ready to defend the accuracy of it.

I'm also not interested in your literary work on the forum, so it won't impress me as to your expertise. We can end this discussion now without further reply or you could simply and humbly state that you will research the subject further by reading the bible and seeing for yourself. That would be a real change for this forum, someone actually admitting they may not know everything. I certainly don't know everything, but I also, as I stated earlier have been studying the Bible for over 30 years and i do know about that. Have a good sleep.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Well, that's a departure from the typical. Ill retract both "attacking" and "works of fiction" <- , in latter case, do knew historical fact is there.

However,I feel I stated my beliefs in this thread. I also feel that had you read them you might have an inkling of that. I do feel you singled me out, which I'm big enough to humbly say, I over reacted, I'm an animal subject to the same emotions and drive that I saw my cat do when another cat ventured onto my porch, he became aggressive and chased it away.

The more I look at the natural world the more I see *bleep* sapien.

Please, humbly, what prophecies have come true. I haven't read cover to cover but a good part of it.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

And to add, because I am being humble. I have no doubt that a man named Jesus Christ walked the earth. However, I feel he was an enlightened man that could connect pre contemporary Darwin dots i.e. survival of the fittest, meaning working together to achieve a common goal (ant or bee colony), not the strongest as most think the quote means.

It's out right clear to me that in the early days of our hominid ancestors that we depended on each other for survival. To me, that's where the ten commandments come into play, omitting the "for I am a jealous god" parts. The rest just make sense. Those "commandments" elevate homosapien above other animals in the animal kingdom because we have larger cranial capacity. Why? We don't fully know. Fire equals digestible sugar, to agriculture allowed us time to think instead of foraging? Makes common sense to me.

We've built, engineered, launched billions of dollars worth of scientific instruments to explore who we are and where we come from; literally mapped the radiation from the big bang (cosmic background radiation). There are PhD's clarifying and supporting this factual theory. I can "peer" review these findings, come to a conclusion based on that. The early literary religious works did not have this knowledge. A god that created the universe would know this. Space-time is flexible,e.g. Time linearly slows/stops approaching the speed of light. This is inarguable fact. Our whole network is based on Einstein's theory of relativity which is solid and allows us to send spacecraft to distant worlds. Spooky action not withstanding.the realm of quantum mechanics-which I don't fully understand.

Why isn't Einstein held up as the son of god? Beyond his time and genius to the point a century later we still use his mathematical equations to explain our place in the cosmos.

Conversely, the bible is written post stone age entering the bronze age where the old testament is in essence eye for an eye (succinctly put) and then the new testament is about a man (succinctly put).
All? Written decades and centuries later then edited by earthly power hungry clergy and kings.

Which would a scientific knowledgeable person align with?

I believe what I believe based on evidence. Some "shaman" high as a kite, because we know that drugs were a huge part of and I've experienced that myself ("we just have to take a trip to realize things". Opeeved circa ,1990 on lsd) penned over 2000 and upwards of 5000 years ago doesn't wash for me.

Again, what prophecies have come true?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Please mods don't delete as off topic. It's valid and the natural course of such discussion.

It took time to write such a hypothesis/ point. :)
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I appreciate your thoughts, but my only response was to your specific criticism regarding prophecy and your reason for why it's not anything special. Being from observing human behaviour and extrapolateing it to predict. That specific thing you said isn't even close and that's the one point I was making. Prophecy isn't written that way at all and that told me, you were simply repeating what you heard and actually had know idea about the subject.

That's ok, we are all tempted to speak about things we know little of or at least things we think we understand, but really don't. Not a big deal.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Appreciate that, too. I don't know everything, Hmmm. And I would honestly like to hear what you have to say regarding prophecies.
Im not so closed minded. Personally I think what I've already said.

However, I'm not done this journey and I'm never done learning.
I get your point. one thing is I've definitely shyed away from is the mystical.
Will you share? About this? Via pm even?

I'm so curious now.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Every religion, every spiritual path has had prophesies. Christianity doesn't have the monopoly on prophesy. Most are couched is such ambiguous terms that they can be interpreted many different ways. Many people think Nostradamus was a prophet but what I have read of his writings, you really have to do mental gymnastics to attribute what he said to what most people interpret them to mean.
I find the same with much of biblical prophesy as well. It is real easy to take mistranslated and misinterpreted ancient texts and attribute them to recent events - more mental gymnastics. It is fine to believe that those texts are the word of god but that does not mean that they are. I can believe that aliens genetically engineered humans to be slaves in their gold mines but does that make it true?
From my studies of the bible and its history, I came to the conclusion that it was a work of fiction. But that is my opinion. It doesn't make it the truth any more than your belief in it as the word of god makes it the truth. A billion people believe the Koran is the inspired words of god but how many Christians have read it? How many have read the Bhavagad Gita? How many have any idea about the Hopi prophesies? It's a big world out there with lots of books and belief systems. Thinking you can find all the answers in just one of them, to me, is delusional at best.
The point is, just because someone has a different belief system than you do and they express their beliefs doesn't mean they are personally attacking you and/or your beliefs. That is just silly ego nonsense. It always amazes me that people think they have a right to express their beliefs but that nobody has a right to question them. Beliefs are not truth. They are opinions. That they are true to you does not necessarily mean they are true to the next person.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I remember in the '70s that there were those concerned that the black-lined product codes on merchandise were the mark of the beast! Next was needing to use a bank card...
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

20,000 Swedes Have Been Implanted with Microchips – Voluntarily

Would you get your travel card implanted into your HAND? 3,000 Swedish commuters are now using microchips to pay for their journey

In a new BBC interview it was revealed that 3,000 customers use the service
The firm does not microchip people itself, and they must have it done elsewhere
But several companies in Sweden already offer the service to their employees

When you’re in a rush, it can be easy to forget your travel card on the way out of the house.

But for around 3,000 commuters in Sweden, this isn’t something to worry about.

The brave commuters have futuristic microchip implants embedded into their hands to pay for their journey.

But the technology raises security and privacy issues, as the data generated could be used to track people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... cards.html

https://needtoknow.news/2017/09/20000-s ... luntarily/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

If I commuted by train or metro daily, and could benefit from not having to pay daily, or bring a travel card with me. Then YES, I would absolutely prefer a chip inbedded in me. I would have it installed without a second thought. And it would not make be "brave" as you put it. It would only indicate that I prefer convenience over privacy.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”