The Talmud - is a good book?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Talmud - is a good book?

Post by averagejoe »

Thinktank wrote:
^^^That's stupid. Paul is trying to say it's a good thing when someone gives his life for another person. Was Paul a Jew?
anyone know?..

Paul was first named Saul who was the head of the Jewish Sanhedrin, who had judged Jesus before Roman Governor for Judea Pontius Pilate. Saul became the chief hunter of Jesus's followers after the Crucifixion.

The change is commonly linked to Saul’s conversion on the Damascus Road, when the Lord Jesus commissioned him to take the gospel to the Gentiles (Acts 9:1–19)

Saul's conversion by Christ on the road to Damascus..

Why Saul Became Paul

http://biblehub.com/library/maclaren/ex ... e_paul.htm
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

... sounds like Paul should not be given as much respect as we like to give him. He was a jerk.

:-X
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

It has to be the most horrible literature that I have ever read.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Hmmm wrote:The Talmud is collection of Jewish rabbinic writings. In other words it is a written record of the oral teachings of men. Jesus said the Jews made Gods word null by their (Jewish leaders) traditions. So Do what you will, but I for one wouldn’t waste any time reading it and certainly not follow it. I’m sure some things are true and good in the book, but why not go to the source? I’ll leave the hypocrisy and way over the top rules to the......you know.

So Christians are allowed to write books of commentary, but Jews are not? There are no hypocrites in Christianity?

Where does God's word begin for you? The book of Matthew?

Yeshua [Jesus] says, "If you love me, you will keep my commands." (John 14:15) And since the New Testament wasn't written at that point, I guess he was referring to the "Old" Testament (or the first two-thirds of the Bible as it exists now).
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

daria wrote:So Christians are allowed to write books of commentary, but Jews are not?

the key word is Commentary. Commentary is okay.

Crap is not okay. The Talmud is loaded with crap. Must have been some weird stuff going on with the Jews in those days.

:chicken:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”