Did Joe sexually assault Mary?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Did Joe sexually assault Mary?

Post by maryjane48 »

Now reason i bring this up is because it was used by a,politician in defence of roy moore in bama .i think its good point . Theres no way joe waited until mary was 19 he was in there hurting and abusing that poor girl
Snman
Übergod

Re: Did Joe sexually assault Mary?

Post by Snman »

^^^Please, tell me you are joking. ^^^
Here's the story for anyone who is interested.

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/11/10/no ... publicans/
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

J watson, MJ posted an entire thread on Roy Moore.

This thread is about a 14 year old jewish girl who would have been stoned to death in her village if she had been found to have been pregnant by "God" or anyone.

Did Joseph abuse an unwed jewish girl by assaulting her. They escaped to Egypt after her giving birth right? Because they were pursued or they weren't married. Persecution for unwed mothers is still on going to day one might argue.

So MJ is asking, can we apply today's mores on ancient biblical figures?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Well QK, why didn't she just ask as much? Guess I never caught her drift but thanx for clarifying.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Queen K wrote: So MJ is asking, can we apply today's mores on ancient biblical figures?

For MJ then - no, we cannot.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

More likely a Roman soldier sexually assaulted/seduced Mary and she or other people claimed that her pregnancy was from some divine agency. Greek and Latin girls and others from ancient cultures would sometimes claim that when they got pregnant that a god like Zeus or Mars was the father. So I doubt this superstitious story of Mary being a virgin, bearing the son of God has any truth to it.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”