The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Postby Thinktank » Nov 28th, 2017, 6:04 am

Good news everyone. If you've ever read about all the killing, lying, stealing and miracles written in the bible and wondered "what does it all mean?" for the first time ever, you don't have to go to a group of white guys in New York who are sitting on one billion dollars of real estate to get the bible translated. (the JWs) You don't even have to go to a group of eighty "cardinals" mostly white guys in Rome sitting on billions and billions of dollars of real estate to be able to understand what God wrote in the bible. You might have been thinking the whole bible is about some valuable real estate the size of El Salvador sitting between Egypt and Syria that was promised to some chosen people, and now they can't stop killing people over that real estate. You don't even need one individual preacher in the Okanagan who is trying to pay off one small piece of real estate - a million dollar home - to explain the bible to you.

Nope - now, for the first time ever, you can understand the bible - yourself. ...thanks to me, who will tell you what it's about, in three simple words.

LIVE LIKE-A BUDDHIST

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 494 posts

Re: The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Postby youjustcomplain » Nov 28th, 2017, 8:42 am

Thinktank wrote:Nope - now, for the first time ever, you can understand the bible - yourself. ...thanks to me, who will tell you what it's about, in three simple words.

LIVE LIKE-A BUDDHIST

Is it the first three words?
youjustcomplain
Board Meister

Liked in: 316 posts

Postby capleton » Dec 6th, 2017, 12:35 pm

So why would I want to know about a primitive book that says slavery is okay?
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 33 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Dec 6th, 2017, 3:21 pm

3 words:

MY REDEEMER LIVES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the story goes, a man came to each of the two most prominent Rabbis of his day (1st century BC) and asked them both for a condensed explanation of Torah - but he wanted them do so quickly; "...while i stand on one foot"

The first Rabbi he went to see (Shammai) got angry at this "impossible" request and threw the man out.

The second Rabbi he visited (Hillel) considered his request and patiently explained how difficult it is to teach in seconds what his students take a lifetime to study - but he did give the man this answer:

"What is hateful to YOU, do not do to another. ...that is the whole Torah, the rest is commentary - go study it."

Nice! - short, sweet, & Simple. Just a variation of what we'd come to later know as the "Golden Rule"
Well that's good - i already mean harm to NO ONE as it is - so i certainly don't need to join a club or read someone elses' book telling me how to be what i already am.

...unless there's more going on than that - and what i (we) really need as we navigate this world of darkness and evil, (packing around all our own baggage along the way), can only be found through the only Redeemer who IS the "Light of the world" and who has - does - and will - actively engage in real and tangible ways in our lives. (...but seldom just how we want at the time)

Maybe you think you've never needed a redeemer? - just wait...
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1464 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 6th, 2017, 3:28 pm

The 3 words I have will just get bleeped!
Deja Poo, the feeling I've heard all this crap before!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 9477 posts

Postby RanchLife42 » Yesterday, 11:48 am

So I read, no one has made any real explanation. Why are you and I here? Most people live for money, largely to be consumers and greedy,selfish. And I noticed no one gets out of life Alive. So to all those self righteous, I know none can give an absolute answer. It is all probability and projections of it all. Enjoy each day, maybe try not to be as greedy as our leaders are. We are led by the devils workers.
RanchLife42

Liked in: 2 posts

Return to Religion & Spirituality