The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Post by Thinktank »

Good news everyone. If you've ever read about all the killing, lying, stealing and miracles written in the bible and wondered "what does it all mean?" for the first time ever, you don't have to go to a group of white guys in New York who are sitting on one billion dollars of real estate to get the bible translated. (the JWs) You don't even have to go to a group of eighty "cardinals" mostly white guys in Rome sitting on billions and billions of dollars of real estate to be able to understand what God wrote in the bible. You might have been thinking the whole bible is about some valuable real estate the size of El Salvador sitting between Egypt and Syria that was promised to some chosen people, and now they can't stop killing people over that real estate. You don't even need one individual preacher in the Okanagan who is trying to pay off one small piece of real estate - a million dollar home - to explain the bible to you.

Nope - now, for the first time ever, you can understand the bible - yourself. ...thanks to me, who will tell you what it's about, in three simple words.

LIVE LIKE-A BUDDHIST

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The Bible Explained - in three easy words

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote:Nope - now, for the first time ever, you can understand the bible - yourself. ...thanks to me, who will tell you what it's about, in three simple words.

LIVE LIKE-A BUDDHIST

Is it the first three words?
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

So why would I want to know about a primitive book that says slavery is okay?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

3 words:

MY REDEEMER LIVES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the story goes, a man came to each of the two most prominent Rabbis of his day (1st century BC) and asked them both for a condensed explanation of Torah - but he wanted them do so quickly; "...while i stand on one foot"

The first Rabbi he went to see (Shammai) got angry at this "impossible" request and threw the man out.

The second Rabbi he visited (Hillel) considered his request and patiently explained how difficult it is to teach in seconds what his students take a lifetime to study - but he did give the man this answer:

"What is hateful to YOU, do not do to another. ...that is the whole Torah, the rest is commentary - go study it."

Nice! - short, sweet, & Simple. Just a variation of what we'd come to later know as the "Golden Rule"
Well that's good - i already mean harm to NO ONE as it is - so i certainly don't need to join a club or read someone elses' book telling me how to be what i already am.

...unless there's more going on than that - and what i (we) really need as we navigate this world of darkness and evil, (packing around all our own baggage along the way), can only be found through the only Redeemer who IS the "Light of the world" and who has - does - and will - actively engage in real and tangible ways in our lives. (...but seldom just how we want at the time)

Maybe you think you've never needed a redeemer? - just wait...
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The 3 words I have will just get bleeped!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
RanchLife42

Post by RanchLife42 »

So I read, no one has made any real explanation. Why are you and I here? Most people live for money, largely to be consumers and greedy,selfish. And I noticed no one gets out of life Alive. So to all those self righteous, I know none can give an absolute answer. It is all probability and projections of it all. Enjoy each day, maybe try not to be as greedy as our leaders are. We are led by the devils workers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I was fully expecting Thinktank to tell us that the three words were "love of money" or some such thing. Well done, thinktank, you fooled me.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Results may vary.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

1nick wrote:Results may vary.

Discuss
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Did not happen.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Rumours and hearsay...

Totally overblown stories.
I am... the law!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

For the Roman Catholic Church the three words appear to be.
Love the children.
Black Dogs Matter
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Peterson's Biblical Series

Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

The Bible... aka "Goat Herders Guide To The Galaxy"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

*sheep* herders. You're thinking of the Qu'ran.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”