So, who actually owns Kingdom Halls or Catholic churches?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

anyone know?

Because I know I don't don't own them. I was taught it's not nice to store up treasures on earth.

But if there are thousands of Kingdom Halls or Catholic churches, that would be worth a lot of money.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: So, who actually owns Kingdom Halls or Catholic churches

Post by Thinktank »

The congregation in whose territory the Kingdom Hall sits have a non-profit corporation formed consisting of 3 elders from that congregation (usually the service committee, PO, SO, and Secretary). If any brothers are removed, DF'd or move from the congregation, replacement elders are named to the corporation. As long as the congregation exists, they are considered the owners of the property, as a non-profit corporation. If the corporation or congregation is dissolved, the building and land and other assets, revert to the parent non-profit corporation, the Watch Tower Society.

Now, let me see if I got this straight....
1. The congregations donate their labor to build the hall!
2. They borrow the money from the Society which they actually contributed!
3. The Society charges them interest on the money!
4. When the loan is paid off, The Society owns the building?

So it looks like the people pay for all maintenance and repairs and taxes and the people payed to build the building in the first place, and if some major disaster were to happen, like Armageddon, that would prevent all those millions of people
from attending the Kingdom Halls, then the Watchtower Society in New York would be the owners of $billions worth of real estate.

And Armageddon is very near. Wow.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”