What Did Jesus Look Like?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: What Did Jesus Look Like?

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:Who’s hating on christians? We’re all free to choose our religion and to abide by it’s codes. For some reason you’ve chosen yours yet ignored all it’s tenants about love and respect. You support someone who represents all of the deadly sins while attacking those who try to follow in the footsteps of Jesus in supporting the impoverished.

Besides, Pope Francis himself stated that atheists would still go to heaven. I don’t know what you’re doing here dear mongering and attacking people. I suppose when some gods return you might have some explaining to do yourself.

Pope Francis isn't Jesus.....

Omnitheo wrote: I suppose when some gods return you might have some explaining to do yourself.

What imaginary religion is this you cooped up? [icon_lol2.gif]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit for instance.

But we could just as easily be referring to Azura Mazda. And no the Pope isn’t Jesus, but he’s a lot closer to him than you. So I think I’ll take his word over yours.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit for instance.

But we could just as easily be referring to Azura Mazda. And no the Pope isn’t Jesus, but he’s a lot closer to him than you. So I think I’ll take his word over yours.

LOL you said Gods...Azura Mazda is a single god of the Persians.

Nobody gets the last word in when Christ sits on hit throne of Judgement....you got nothing to worry about. [icon_lol2.gif]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I listed 3 gods you worship. “The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit”.

We’ll see what happens when the time comes for you to be judged by Osiris
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:We’ll see what happens when the time comes for you to be judged by Osiris

Don't be so judgemental.. [icon_lol2.gif]

You are such a troll! :smt045

foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

averagejoe wrote:Buddha was a white Indo-European from a Saka/Saxon Tribe....

No. Just a straight-up "No" on this one.

And before you pass on some BS about Siddhartha Gauthama also being called "Jakku", or 'Son of Jacob', there just isn't any objective peer-reviewed academic evidence speaking to this lineage or to his origins being Saxon or tribally-related to Israel.

Furthermore, the respective historical timelines don't even compliment each other.

It's just nonsense; next you'll be arguing that Buddhism is a 'religion'.

But, please proceed...
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I’m not a troll. I’m an Omnitheist. I believe in all gods equally.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Apr 11th, 2018, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:I’m not a troll. I’m an Omnitheist. I give believe in all gods equally.

I sure you do....betcha satan is at the top of your list! :D

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Top of list? I guess you missed the “equally” part.

Satan was on the top of YHWH’s list though.
DevonMckee

Post by DevonMckee »

I think Jesus looked about the same as he does in all the pictures. Of course, we can't claim that he looked like that because we didn't see him face to face. To be honest, God's appearance is such a formality. Who cares about that? I'm sure believing people don't care about Jesus' appearance. They just believe in God, and that's it. Yes, it may be interesting, but no more than that. I've even dreamt about Jesus a few times. He looked exactly the same as in the icons. I often go to church, where I see painted icons of various saints. And we don't know if this is what they really looked like. I don't think it matters. By the way, if you can't attend church for whatever reason, you can always listen to the services at https://firstchurchlove.com.
Last edited by DevonMckee on Dec 22nd, 2022, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jesus'picture is based on the shroud of Turin.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Glacier wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 11:53 pm Jesus'picture is based on the shroud of Turin.
Thanks for this. I hadn't kept up.

Here's another one some here might find interesting:

There's certainly strong correlation between the shroud and the images produced over the centuries since his death.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2023, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”