What Did Jesus Look Like?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: What Did Jesus Look Like?

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

The bible has already instructed joe in this matter.

1 Timothy 2:12
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

1nick wrote:The bible has already instructed joe in this matter.

1 Timothy 2:12

Care to explain this

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

[quote="Jflem1983"][quote="1nick"]The bible has already instructed joe in this matter.

1 Timothy 2:12[/quote]

Care to explain this

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence[/quote]

The book “What did Jesus look like” posted by Omni was authored by a woman [gasp]
So I’m guessing joe would disregard anything written within it. That is of course if he’s a true Christian.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm I getting this right, Averagejoe is using paintings made in Europe over 1000 years after Jesus as evidence that he was white? Funny, Chinese paintings of Jesus show him looking oriental. Speaking of which, I've actually heard people claim that the lost tribes of Israel moved to the Orient, and started the country of Japan.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

This is not the Bickering Room. Get back on topic and stop attacking each other! Thank you!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Glacier wrote:I'm I getting this right, Averagejoe is using paintings made in Europe over 1000 years after Jesus as evidence that he was white? Funny, Chinese paintings of Jesus show him looking oriental. Speaking of which, I've actually heard people claim that the lost tribes of Israel moved to the Orient, and started the country of Japan.

This sounds just as likely as that he was white, or oriental. At the end of the day though, I'm unsure why anyone would argue the skin tone of someone from thousands of years ago. There is literally no way to know and nothing to be gained by knowing, let alone speculating.

I'm not convinced that the guy ever existed, but I'm willing to take the leap of faith and accept that he just may have, but the color of his skin is just as important, to me, as the exact shade of the hair on his head, or the number of freckles on his body. None of it matters.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Glacier wrote: I've actually heard people claim that the lost tribes of Israel moved to the Orient, and started the country of Japan.

Yes they were called the Ainu people who live in Northern Japan and had originated in Egypt. According to a 1988 National Geographic issue, the Ainu were of European peoples.... Thanks for bringing that up Glac! :130:

They arrived in Japan around 250 BC after migrating from Egypt via the Altai Mountains of Mongolia.

Tera-neter, nobleman of the Ainu people, pre-dynastic inhabitants of the Upper Nile.

In May of 334BC, after crossing the Hellespont (the modern Dardanelles) from Europe ... Archers & messenger of Egypt's later New Kingdom, about 1100 BC ... Ainu (a word meaning "human" in the Ainu language), are an ethnic group indigenous to Hokkaido and the northern part of Honshu in Northern Japan.

Ainu are light-skinned. Some have red or brown hair and green or blue eyes.

http://www.ancientpages.com/2014/10/18/ ... wn-origin/

The Ainu people have established their lifestyle with strong respect to the nature as their friend, and consider that a god resides in everything in nature, which is common to the religious view of ancient Egypt and Japanese Shintoism.

http://japan-magazine.jnto.go.jp/en/1507_marimo.html

There is legend's of Jesus going to Japan and this could be the reason for him to visit his lost sheep in Japan....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

No attcks intended.

I’ve simply provided the best available information I could obtain on the subject. I saw that Joe asked why someone being a Christian Scholar matters to me, and that is because they are an expert in their field. No I’m not going to trust a Christian scholar’s word on something like rocket science or microbiology, but when it comes to the history of Jesus, yes I trust them to be able to compile the best available information. In this case that information has been published. Since this is a topic dear to you AJ, might I suggest that you buy her book. I simply provided a brief summary based on other science journals that have referred to it, however I imagine that reading the actual book itself might provide insight as to why her conclusions are different from your own. It is possible that there may be entire chapters devoted to debunking myths or misconceptions.

Please understand though that you are no more enlightened on the subject than myself. I have provided the best available expert resource I could obtain, and any challenge to that conclusion should be directed towards the experts, not against me.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I really don't buy any books basically that are written after the 1980's as those who understand that history is being rewritten.

My favorite writers are ancient historians (Herodotus, Strabo, Rawlinson, Josephus, British historical books such as the Domesday book, etc, etc) who believe it or not have a better grip on ancient history than any current historians.

I suggest you take one of my lectures on ancient Biblical history and I can put it all together for you instead of piece mealing ancient history on Castanet forums.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Location of the Ainu/European people of Japan

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Location of the Ainu peoples before their migration to Japan from Mongolia in or around 250 BC

Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Why is it important what the skin colour if jesus was? Why would one care?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Btfsplck wrote:Why is it important what the skin colour if jesus was? Why would one care?

Because they're convinced that he was European, oh and *bleep* the Jews, who are fake Jews. Europeans are the real Jews.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”