What would you put in a bible?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Rustybritches

What would you put in a bible?

Post by Rustybritches »

So many Christians claim that the bible is the literal and infallible word of God and contains no contradictions...
Here is a list of Contradictions by scripture...
https://infidels.org/library/modern/don ... tions.html

I've studied for years and asked about the bible to several Christians. Why is there no common sense in the bible and easy ways to protect and enhance humanity.

Here's but a short list... Please add to the list!
1. An origin of the universe that won't be debunked by scientific advancements and evolution from stone age desert dwellers to modern man
2. Mathematical basis for quantum mechanics and theory
3. Basic laws of physics
-Force, magnetism, thermodynamics, ohms law, faradays law of induction, etc...
4. Basic health like germ theory and simply washing your hands, cure for the common cold, eliminating cancer in children, any disease cure at all to be more precise
5.Love for all races and societies
6. Women are equal
7. Slavery is wrong
8. Proof of creation if it happened and not have hundreds of millions of articles of evidence pointing to evolution
9.How to manage natural resources... farming technology, safe mining practices
10. Overpopulation is wrong... be fruitful and multiply as really bad advice.
11. Get an education
12. A drawing of the earth from God's point of view that would make flat earthers irrelevant

What else?
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: What would you put in a bible?

Post by CapitalB »

In the beginning there was hydrogen...
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Aliens won't come to you because humans forgot the contents of the first Bible.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

muslims, jews and christians all worship the same god , don't tell anyone they all think they read the right scripture
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the only one that matters--an eye for an eye---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_for_an_eye
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

Just the facts.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

^^ so a bunch of blank pages then......
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

That's where I keep my lottery ticket. Ever hear of a B&E where the bible was listed on losses in an insurance claim.
Bring back the LIKE button.
obtunded

Post by obtunded »

To paraphrase the great Jim Jefferies, in his condensed commandments...”try not to be a c*nt”
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's not what I'd add, it's what I would remove from bible. Far to many people take things completely out of context when referring to the bible.
So I would remove all the chapter numbers & verses, since when it was originally written those were not there.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

I'd probably put in something like "slavery is wrong" since its pretty much glorified in the bible.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

capleton wrote:I'd probably put in something like "slavery is wrong" since its pretty much glorified in the bible.
Really? I think you are getting your information from Hollywood. There was a provision in the law of Moses to be a slave to pay off of large debt and maybe that's what you are thinking of? Although the term slave is used its not the brutal slavery we have seen throughout history, it was more of a contract that one would work for a maximum of seven years and then leave debt free with property and animals. The slave owner was to treat the slave pretty much as family. Do you know of a system today that allows for all people to be free of debt their whole lives? Most are slaves to debt until the day you die, so thinking about it that way, the law of Moses was very practical and living with this provision.

Or were you thinking of other cases. Regardless of what any peoples or nations did that would have resulted in servitude to the Jewish nation they were to be treated good.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I would put in some stories about how if you mindlessly blow yourself up to spread the religion you would get 72 beautifully breasted virgins in heaven along with an eternal supply of pork and wine.

EDIT: Crap, I've just learned that one has been taken. Fine, I would at least put in there that you would get to live with your spouse in heaven.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Hmmm wrote:Really? I think you are getting your information from Hollywood. There was a provision in the law of Moses to be a slave to pay off of large debt and maybe that's what you are thinking of? Although the term slave is used its not the brutal slavery we have seen throughout history, it was more of a contract that one would work for a maximum of seven years and then leave debt free with property and animals. The slave owner was to treat the slave pretty much as family. Do you know of a system today that allows for all people to be free of debt their whole lives? Most are slaves to debt until the day you die, so thinking about it that way, the law of Moses was very practical and living with this provision.

Or were you thinking of other cases. Regardless of what any peoples or nations did that would have resulted in servitude to the Jewish nation they were to be treated good.

Mind boggling that you try to justify slavery. Blinded and deafened by a book, incredible really.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Glacier wrote: I would at least put in there that you would get to live with your spouse in heaven.

Welp, I’m definitely out.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”