I Am A Scientist Lol!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

Re: I Am A Scientist Lol!

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
1nick wrote:Joe shows us how that just because something is written down doesn’t make it real.

Oh what smoothy you are..... [icon_lol2.gif]

That has to be the most stupidest quote ever on Castanet!

Ya the Assyrians ran fake news 2,800 years ago!!!!! [icon_lol2.gif]

The Assyrian story is not evidence for Noah's Flood, try again.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Deejay does this all over the inter webs.
“Dump and run” is his modus operandi.

I would post some links to some forums he has “stained” but pretty sure they’d be removed.
Just google search this hack.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

1nick wrote:Deejay does this all over the inter webs.
“Dump and run” is his modus operandi.

I would post some links to some forums he has “stained” but pretty sure they’d be removed.
Just google search this hack.

Rather deflamatory, and my name is David Jay, not Deejay

So lets get away from your personal attacks, and subjectivity, and back to objectivity.

OP stated

Proven science does agree with the Bible IMO however, that doesn't mean those who are scientists agree with it. What is a scientist and how should they go about doing their work? How does it relate to faith? Do they strive to publish just to keep grant money flowing in? Are some here crazy mad scientist fakers?

Discuss.

Losers always try to attack the messenger because they fail to attack or win a discussion on the message
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

No personal attack. Just stating facts. Try it sometime.
It’s easy to find your nonsense in online forums, deejay.
Everyone shuts you and your skewed world view down.
You either get banned and or tuck tail and leave.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

1nick wrote:No personal attack. Just stating facts. Try it sometime.

From my, exhaustive research, I have found the exact same results, and have come to the same conclusion as you have 1nick.
From the evidence that has been acquired thus far, I predict the results will be the same in the near future.
The experiment has supplied the evidence to support the hypothesis, the conclusion is based upon previous experiments that have all shown the same repeatable results and have come to the same conclusions.
I have not been able to find any evidence to the contrary to or dispute all the previous observations.
Bring back the LIKE button.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Davidjayjordan wrote:Proven science does agree with the Bible IMO however, that doesn't mean those who are scientists agree with it. What is a scientist and how should they go about doing their work? How does it relate to faith? Do they strive to publish just to keep grant money flowing in? Are some here crazy mad scientist fakers?

Discuss.

Losers always try to attack the messenger because they fail to attack or win a discussion on the message

The reality is, arguing with the likes of Davidjayjordan and AverageJoe only tells them that their platform is worthy of a discussion; It's not.
Neither of you have ever presented any scientific evidence to support your beliefs. And this is totally ok ! Just keep in mind that your beliefs are not based in science, they're based in faith, which is also ok ! I really don't think anyone has any issue with you believing whatever you want. But, lets keep things honest. You're lying to yourself and everyone else when you attempt to invoke science to back up your beliefs. That part is an offense towards science.

Science does agree with the Bible? Science does? Science doesn't get or have an opinion. It's not a person or an authority.
Is there a specific part of the Bible that makes claims that are falsifiable and remain a testable/reproducible theory today? Maybe.

What is meant by Scientists don't agree with it? Who cares about what scientists agree with? Is that somehow relevant?
Take something observable. Create a hypothesis to explain it. Test your hypothesis. Share it with your peers to have them attempt to reproduce and prove you wrong. If they can't, great, you've got a theory. That is how science works. The individual opinions and beliefs of the scientists just don't matter. That is why people of faith can be scientists. They can believe in anything they want, but their work must be objective and scientific else it would be discarded by their peers.

Crazy mad scientists fakers? There are plenty. Read the internet and find all sorts of *bleep* people have pawned off as science. Lots of it isn't based on reality.

My question.
Why is Darwins theory of Evolution by Natural Selection always the theory under attack by creationists? Why not the Oxygen Theory of Combustion? Or the Theory of Gravity?
All three theories are falsifiable.
All three theories are testable.
All three theories can be reproduced.

I'm betting that if the bible had written something in support of the theory of evolution, most/all creationists wouldn't question Darwins theory of Evolution by Natural Selection.
I'm betting that if the bible stated something in direct conflict with the theory of gravity, that creationists would be arguing about that instead.

Really take a minute and question why you think how you do. If you find yourself believing something just because you want to, or because your interpretation of the bible suggests you should, you should really challenge those beliefs.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

You just complain, wrote some complaints HERE

[color=#FF0000]My question.
Why is Darwins theory of Evolution by Natural Selection always the theory under attack by creationists? Why not the Oxygen Theory of Combustion? Or the Theory of Gravity?
All three theories are falsifiable.
All three theories are testable.
All three theories can be reproduced.

The reason is, Evolution has never been falsifiable, tested or reproduced or proven.

SEE and study Science is a Scientific Lie as no proofs were given

Where have you been YOU JUST COMPLAIN.

Besides personally I just complain because the religious theory of evolution is forced dogma on our children, when foolish adults adopt it, as their false science excuse, so be it, no problem. Nut don't force it on students and the young.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

alanjh595 wrote:
1nick wrote:No personal attack. Just stating facts. Try it sometime.

From my, exhaustive research, I have found the exact same results, and have come to the same conclusion as you have 1nick.
From the evidence that has been acquired thus far, I predict the results will be the same in the near future.
The experiment has supplied the evidence to support the hypothesis, the conclusion is based upon previous experiments that have all shown the same repeatable results and have come to the same conclusions.
I have not been able to find any evidence to the contrary to or dispute all the previous observations.

Yes, as mentioned the zealots of evolutionary religion, hate discussions and do everything in their power to avoid answering embarrassing questions which they can not answer..

SEE above and below.. they are consistently e.

Evasive so turn subjective rather than debate objectively

Intelligence wins again over lack of intelligence
Design over lack of design
Science over lack of science
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What you call "evasive" is what we call dismissive.

Just like walking past a soapbox preacher in the middle of a park.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

This what it like arguing with djj. The preacher is djj, everyone else is Sheldon.

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 25th, 2019, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Duplicate post removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jun 24th, 2019, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 25th, 2019, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 25th, 2019, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I haven't looked at this thread since the first page, so forgive me if I'm repeating what's been said.

There was mention earlier in this thread about the great flood in Kelowna, but in an oral tradition all memory of it is lost in a couple generations.

Oral cultures do not pass down events unless they are absolutely epic beyond imagination.

We all know that a diverse number of cultures (189 to be exact) around the world have similar flood myths (despite no known contact between many of them) meaning they are based on something that did happen. Clearly they cannot all be right since the various versions have contrasting details, but one cannot help but marvel at the similarity between the various myths - especially considering many of these cultures only possessed an oral history.

As an aside, I'll also point out that a myth does not equate to an untrue story since many myths have turned out to be true.

Anyway, the big question becomes: which version is the right one (or closest to the truth): Noah's Ark, the almost identical Epic of Gilgamesh, the Austrialian myths, the North American myths, etc.? Since we know that oral stories tend to change over time, it would be logical to conclude that the versions written down at earlier times are more accurate. Therefore, the Hebrew, Babylonian, and Hindi versions would be closer to the true account than Canadian and Australian versions.

Here are a few versions from around the world:

Australia
Bunjil, the creator, was angry with people because of the evil they did so he
caused the ocean to flood by urinating into it. All people were destroyed
except those whom Bunjil loved and fixed as stars in the sky, and a man and
a woman who climbed a tall tree on a mountain, and from whom the present
human race is descended. [Gaster, 1969]

Great Lakes area, Canada
In the beginning of time, in September, there was a great snow. A mouse
nibbled a hole in a leather bag which contained the sun’s heat and the heat
escaped and melted all the snow in an instant. The waters rose to cover even
the highest mountains. One old man had foreseen the flood and warned
everybody, but the others had thought to escape to the hills; they drowned in
the flood. The old man had prepared a canoe and survived, rescuing animals
he came across. After a while he sent in turn the beaver, otter, muskrat and
duck to find land. Only the duck returned, with some mud in its bill. The old
man cast the mud on the water and blew on it, making solid land. [Vitaliano,
1973]

Peru
Long ago, before there were any Incas, the country was populous, but the
ocean broke out of its bounds, the land was covered and the people perished.
Some say that a few people survived in caves on the highest mountains.
Others say that only six people survived on a float. [Frazer, 1919]

Bolivia
The evil supernatural being Aguara-Tunpa declared war against the god
Tunpaete, creator of the Chiriguanos. He set fire to the prairies in autumn,
destroying all the plants and the land animals. The people, who had not then
begun farming, nearly died of hunger, but they retreated to the banks of the
rivers and survived on fish. Seeing people still surviving, Aguara-Tunpa
caused a torrential rain. Acting on a hint given them by Tunpaete, the
Chiriguanos placed two sibling babies, a boy and a girl, on a large mate leaf
and set it afloat on the water. The flood rose, covering the earth and killing
the rest of the Chiriguanos, but the two babies survived and eventually
landed on solid ground when the flood sank. [Gaster, 1969]

Bella Coola (British Columbia)
Masmasalanich, who created man, fastened the earth to the sun to keep
the earth from sinking and to keep the sun at the proper distance. One day
he stretched the rope, so the earth sank and the water ran over it, eventually
covering even the tops of the mountains. A fierce storm broke out at the same
time. Many people who had taken to boats were drowned in the storm, and
others were driven far away. At last Masmasalanich shortened the rope, the
earth rose again from the water, and mankind spread over it. Diversity of
language arose from their being scattered; there was but one speech before
the flood. [Frazer, 1919]

Thompson/Kamloops (British Columbia):
A flood once covered all but the summits of some of the highest mountains. Its cause isn't certain, but it may have been made the the three brothers Qoaqlqal, who travelled the country transforming things until they themselves were transformed into stones. Three men escaped in a canoe and drifted to the Nzukeski Mountains, where they and their canoe were afterwards turned to stone; you may see them there today. Coyote survived by turning himself into a piece of wood and floating. When the flood subsided, leaving him in the Thompson River area, he resumed his normal shape. He took trees to be his wives, and from them the Indians are descended. The flood left lakes in the hollows of the mountains, streams flowing from them, and fish in them; none of these existed before the flood. [Frazer, p. 322]

Lillooet (Green River, British Columbia)
A great rain came, making the rivers and lakes overflow the country. A man
named Ntcinemkin took refuge with his family in his very large canoe. The others
fled to the mountains, but the flood rose to cover them, too. The people begged
Ntcinemkin to save at least their children. He didn't have room enough to hold all
of them, so he took one child from each family, alternating males and females. The
flood covered all land except the peak of Split Mountain (Ncikato) on the west side
of Lower Lillooet Lake. When the waters dropped, the canoe grounded on Smimelc
Mountain. Each stage of the water's dropping is marked by a terrace on the side of
the mountain, which can be seen today. [Frazer, 1919]

Innuit:
An unusually high tide caused a global flood. Shellfish and such things in the mountains are evidence of it. [Gaster, p. 120]

Eskimo (Orowignarak, Alaska):
A great inundation, together with an earthquake, swept the land so rapidly that only a few people escaped in their skin canoes to the tops of the highest mountains. [Frazer, p. 327]

Skagit (Washington):

The Creator made the earth and gave four names for it -- for the sun, waters, soil and forests. He said only a few people, with special preparation for the knowledge, should know all four names, or the world would change too suddenly. After a while, everyone learned the four names. When people started talking to the trees the change came in the form of a flood. When the people saw the flood coming, they made a giant canoe and filled it with five people and a male and female of all plants and animals. Water covered everything but the summit of Kobah and Takobah (Mts. Baker and Ranier). The canoe landed on the prairie. Doquebuth, the new Creator, was born of a couple from the canoe. He was told to go to a lake (Lake Campbell) and swim and fast to get his spirit powers, but he delayed. Finally he did so after his family deserted him. The Old Creator came to him in dreams. First he told Doquebuth to wave his blanket over the water and the forest and name the four names of the earth; this created food for everyone. Next, at the direction of the Old Creator, he gathered the bones of the people who lived before the flood, waved the blanket over them and named the four names, and made people again. These people couldn't talk, so he similarly made brains for them from the soil. Then they spoke many different languages, and Doquebuth blew them back to the places they lived before the flood. Someday, another flood will come and change the world again. [Clark, pp. 139-141]

Frazer went around the world documenting these myths to prove the global flood theory wrong. He reasoned that such dissimilarities shows they're not from the same event. However, any reasonable person who knows how oral story telling works notices that the similarities are more than just coincidence.

When we assess the past we cannot explain everything nor lay claim to certainty about anything. When the skeptics say "but what about the water?" he raises a good point, but when he's so confident about his version of history he loses credibility.

Atheists are some of the most dogmatic people out there, no different than the dogmatic Bible believer who thinks every bit of something is evidence for Biblical archeology. There's nothing wrong with believing the Bible (who knows, maybe it's true) and there's nothing wrong being skeptical (everyone should be), but falling for fables about some last supper cup in the UK without an ounce of skepticism is undermining your credibility. On the other side, skeptics who claim there's no evidence for a global flood are dismissing evidence that doesn't fit their worldview, which is equally as dogmatic.

A credible skeptic should instead say, "yes, there's evidence, but it's not enough to convince me."

There is evidence of a global flood through fossils on mountain tops, flooded high elevation canyons, oral legends/myths, and the Bible and Epic of Gilgamesh. Yes, the Bible is an historical document just like any other written work from that time. Scholars don't assume it's all true, but it's used along with other sources to help piece together the past.

The holes in the flood story are largely along the lines of "where the heck did the water come from? And where did it go?"

A theory can still be true or probable even if it has holes. How the heck did life develop from non-life is a question we don't know, but we know the answer is that it did. Or at least we think we do (assuming we don't all live in the Matrix or something).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”