Thursday, October 30th9.5°C

If you won the lottery...

Your thoughts on environment issues and economic issues.

Moderators: Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: If you won the lottery...

Postby Roadster » May 12th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Bsuds wrote:

Keep it up and yours will be the toughest I can find! I'll cut it from Roadsters Butt.

A butt protector!

Butt seriously,,, I really dont know what I would buy sept for my freedom, pay the rest of this house off and get my big diesel pusher I want and drive for a long time... Come back to this place to take vacations from the road trips cos I probably wouldnt sell the house. Good place to rest the motorhome and even let family members from other provinces take vacations since its the Okanagan.

After that make sure all family members are comfortable. So far all of my family members who arent retired are working good jobs and havent lost their jobs in the crash but ya never know, something could still close down. I worry about them too for some reason.
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Liked in: 572 posts
Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Postby Queen K » Jan 8th, 2013, 5:52 pm

If you won the lottery, say a paltry $1 million bucks, would you expect that someone would be so anxious to have the cash but not with you?

One poor guy thought his life had improved immensely with his million buck win, only to be poisoned to death.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/justice/i ... ?hpt=hp_t2

May he rest in peace and his poisoner, well, not so much.
Thank God a family member came forward with information to put the spot light back on the mans death.
Unless, that was a calculated move to grab the cash, afterall, if the murderer is in prison for life, then who inherits? I think the lawyers are winning the cash at this point. Think of the defense! And the appeals! For years!

Awful.
Please stop bragging on facebook about how great the Okanagan is right now, or they'll want to move here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 999 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 10th, 2013, 8:51 am

I just reread this thread from start to finish and know what? We used to have fun dreaming about the big win and what we'd do with it.

I'm sad for the fellow who died and I know that not every lottery win brings years of happiness. Sometimes the big winner is broke in five years because they thought it would last forever dishing it out to everything and everyone, including themselves.

It's been a while since I've even thought of buying lottery tickets, maybe that is because I'm seeing it Captain Awesomes way, for every five buck you dont' spend, you win.
Please stop bragging on facebook about how great the Okanagan is right now, or they'll want to move here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Bsuds » Jan 10th, 2013, 8:53 am

Won $10 last night! :nyah:
Recent medical research has shown that a Woman who carries a bit of excess weight lives much longer than a man who mentions it!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 2742 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 10th, 2013, 8:57 am

Where are you taking me?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Roadster » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:04 am

McDs,,,, kid's meal :dyinglaughing:
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Postby Bsuds » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:07 am

Roadster wrote:McDs,,,, kid's meal :dyinglaughing:

:smt023
Recent medical research has shown that a Woman who carries a bit of excess weight lives much longer than a man who mentions it!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby Queen K » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:08 am

Well hurry up and win that million so you can buy all of us a steak dinner.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Bsuds » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:10 am

What, no Lobster?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby Queen K » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:14 am

Surf and turf works for me too.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Roadster » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:48 am

Queen K wrote:Surf and turf works for me too.

That comes in a McD's kids meal? Cool!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Postby Bsuds » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:56 am

Queen K wrote:Surf and turf works for me too.
Roadster wrote:
That comes in a McD's kids meal? Cool!

Yup, Sea Salt and Cow Manure in every meal!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby xjeepguy » Jan 10th, 2013, 12:34 pm

I won 6 bucks on 2 scratch and win's .
I heard it on the X
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 608 posts

Postby Roadster » Jan 10th, 2013, 6:09 pm

So was that 6 bux on each or a measly 3 on each and its barely enough for a McD's Happy meal?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Postby xjeepguy » Jan 10th, 2013, 7:28 pm

3 bucks each , on 2 cards . There's no McD's anywhere near here , there's an A&W 3 hours SW .
I heard it on the X
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 608 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Environmental & Economic Concerns